Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 1956 - 1965 Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
1965 17' Caravel
La La Land , Wisconsin
Brought our trailer home yesterday

We drove up to Green Bay and very slowly came home with our prize! It's a great little trailer and I worried the entire ride home that something would happen. We were fortunate to only have one misshap. We were about 2 miles from home and the side window fell off and broke! We didn't even know it until someone pulled up next to us and told us. We hadn't even thought to check on the windows! So, our first purchase was a piece of glass and some duct tape to hold it until we get it fixed the right way. I see this will be an adventure for us Our girls already named her "Bunny". We are going to have some good times in it!!!
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Congrats, I think Vintage Trailer Supply sells those windows in the correct curve and fit along with the mounting hardware and rubber seals.

We have a 66 Caravel - they are great trailers and tow very nice with a smaller tow vehicle.

Bunny is a great name.

Enjoy.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
65 Caravel is a great trailer. If it has the original axle I would change it first thing, design flaw.......

toastie
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
2001 31' Limited
1985 29' Sovereign
Jenison , Michigan
Would that be the "Ether Bunny" ?? Hope you all have a supper time with her.
62bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1963 16' Bambi
Stevens Point , Wisconsin
Hey Funhouse,
Glad to hear your trip home went well. Anxious to see pics of "Bunny". We replaced all of our window glass and seals. All the Bambi window glass is flat, not curved. Make sure you replace it with tempered glass not just single strength window glass. VTS carries all the window seals.
Do you have a covered place to work on Bunny? It's supposed to snow all week here.
Tim
Beaker63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
1965 17' Caravel
La La Land , Wisconsin
Bunny is in our driveway right now. Our windows are flat and I'm not sure what DH has replaced it with. We just wanted to make sure it was sealed. We plan on keeping it under a carport at our house for now. I'm sure all the outside work will have to wait until it warms up. Meanwhile, I'm already inside it cleaning everything and getting ready to make new cushions and curtains. My girls are so excited too. Getting Bunny has given us all something to be excited about. Now, old man winter needs to go away!
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Congrats on your new baby....er....bunny!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse View Post
Bunny is in our driveway right now. Our windows are flat and I'm not sure what DH has replaced it with. We just wanted to make sure it was sealed. We plan on keeping it under a carport at our house for now. I'm sure all the outside work will have to wait until it warms up. Meanwhile, I'm already inside it cleaning everything and getting ready to make new cushions and curtains. My girls are so excited too. Getting Bunny has given us all something to be excited about. Now, old man winter needs to go away!

Pictures Please!!!!!
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1965 caravel