Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Waterless washing systems.

After having our trailer washed, we’re thinking of maintaining it in between washes with one of the waterless spray on/wipe off washing systems out there. (i.e. the Mary Moppins system we use on our previously owned motorhome) Has anyone had experience with this?
T.I.A.!
PamK53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Aero Cosmetics

This is what I use on the Airstream and all my vehicles. It is also great on all the interior surfaces. It is on Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The product website is here
https://washwax.com/pages/faq#:~:tex...ro%20Scrubber.

I have used eight gallons of it in the last three years and could not be more satisfied with the results. I figure if it is good enough for aircraft it should be okay for my application.
NO NOIZE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NOIZE View Post
This is what I use on the Airstream and all my vehicles. It is also great on all the interior surfaces. It is on Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The product website is here

https://washwax.com/pages/faq#:~:tex...ro%20Scrubber.

I have used eight gallons of it in the last three years and could not be more satisfied with the results. I figure if it is good enough for aircraft it should be okay for my application.

Thank you! Looks great! It’s currently out of stock on Amazon... we’ll check other sources.
PamK53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
+1 on Aero Cosmetics. I don’t use it if there is grit on the trailer but otherwise no water is necessary. Generally I rise it off first and then let Was Wax do it’s magic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU...MNFYQTPZ47S8CT
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:04 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Lewisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleyocum View Post
+1 on Aero Cosmetics. I don’t use it if there is grit on the trailer but otherwise no water is necessary. Generally I rise it off first and then let Was Wax do it’s magic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU...MNFYQTPZ47S8CT
This is exactly what I do as well and that kit you listed is what I buy for re-fills.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #6
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
I've been using Griots Garage waterless wash on the motorhome but it is fairly expensive, and can only be used for light dirt, nothing like heavy deposits from driving in the rain etc. First I dust with California Duster then apply the Griot's generously then wipe off in one direction with clean microfiber cloths. The stuff No Noise linked looks interesting and I may give it a try when available. I could be wrong but I didn't think any of them work on heavy, rained on dirt. The Griot's implies it is mainly for a clean vehicle that may have got some dust on it on the way to the car show
Old 05-17-2021, 07:21 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Lewisville , Texas
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSNO60 View Post
I've been using Griots Garage waterless wash on the motorhome but it is fairly expensive, and can only be used for light dirt, nothing like heavy deposits from driving in the rain etc. First I dust with California Duster then apply the Griot's generously then wipe off in one direction with clean microfiber cloths. The stuff No Noise linked looks interesting and I may give it a try when available. I could be wrong but I didn't think any of them work on heavy, rained on dirt. The Griot's implies it is mainly for a clean vehicle that may have got some dust on it on the way to the car show
You are correct, none of the waterless systems recommend washing with grit and dirt. If you read through the FAQ on the Aero Wax website it specifically recommends against cleaning with dirt and grime. Always rinse first, I guess it is not for everyone, but it is a pretty good product in my opinion.

Best of luck to everyone searching for a new way to make life easier. Please share any ideas with the rest so we may learn from you.

Time for a Margarita!