Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2021, 08:08 AM   #61
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWind View Post
2017 may have been the last great year for Airstream trailers. We have had zero issues (other than the expected corrosion). Same for traveling partners of ours.
Our 2020 is the same, no problems. Our good friends also bought a 2020 27’ GT. They are full timing, and have had no issues. Maybe AS of Chicago rebuilt the trailers before they delivered them to us.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:05 PM   #62
1 Rivet Member

2021 16' Basecamp
Cary , North Carolina
Newbie questions: Am I able to visit the factory during assembly of an ordered Basecamp?
If Jackson Center is the place to go for warranty repairs does a visit require an appointment?
AbstractLogc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:51 PM   #63
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractLogc View Post
Newbie questions: Am I able to visit the factory during assembly of an ordered Basecamp?
If Jackson Center is the place to go for warranty repairs does a visit require an appointment?
Before COVID you could take pictures of your trailer DC during the tour. Not sure what the policy is now.

Yes, you definitely need an appointment at JC

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:04 AM   #64
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Los Angeles , California
Why would you go fast on a trail?
nelaH naV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:24 AM   #65
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Los Angeles , California
I hope things get better for you further down the trail. From all I have been reading and watching, I will stick to local trips until I get things figured out. Having the dealership close by just in case. Once I get used to everything then I will try a road trip. Mine will be used on desert trails and mountain fire roads, but I need to take the freeways to get there. Again, I hope things get better.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:52 AM   #66
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Point of order.

When folks here say, "we're going to JC", they do not mean they are going to where the trailers are built, they're going to where, in a LOT of cases, the build problems are fixed.

One side has a positive reputation, the other side, not so much.
It's been that way since we got our trailer in 2004, and I'm sure it goes back even further.

I'm sure there are still folks here who remember the Townhall thread

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 11-03-2021, 12:17 AM   #67
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Santa Ana , California
Wow reading this thread concerns me. New to RV’s we decided to order an AS because we thought they were quality products. Quiet horrified with what a lot of you posted. I really don’t want to be spending my time dealing with repairs. Feeling put off!! The FC 25FBT we ordered is supposed to be built this month w/ delivery in Dec. Should I walk away? [emoji53]
Indiclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:03 AM   #68
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiclouds View Post
Wow reading this thread concerns me. New to RV’s we decided to order an AS because we thought they were quality products. Quiet horrified with what a lot of you posted. I really don’t want to be spending my time dealing with repairs. Feeling put off!! The FC 25FBT we ordered is supposed to be built this month w/ delivery in Dec. Should I walk away? [emoji53]
I wouldn’t. The 25FBT is one of the most popular models. They make a lot of them. Our 2020 25FBT had one small problem, the RV antifreeze valve by the water pump was installed incorrectly. They did that to several of the 25s. Hopefully they’ve corrected it. You’ll get the new composite floor. Flooring has been an issue. You’ll get the front end reinforcement to prevent frame and shell separation.
This particular thread is about launching a new model. AS has proven they have issues launching new models.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #69
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Los Angeles , California
I am new to the Airstream community, but not new to camping. Old school canvas tents, truck camper, motorhome, class B, & trailer. There are always issues-both minor and major. Horror stories about formaldehyde, plumbing, refrigeration, cracks, leaks, rips, missing parts, & so on. Just take your time and you’ll make the choice that is right for you.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #70
2 Rivet Member

2021 28' Flying Cloud
Hudson , Ohio
To Indiclouds: Unless something else has come up in your decision making process BESIDES what you've read about quality issues in these forums, I would not walk away. I was having a similar concern a year and a half ago while waiting for our 2021 FC 28' RB Twin to be delivered. I read every forum posting completely and began to feel that everyone had lots of problems and you needed to be an engineer to keep up with the home repairs. Gradually, I came to realize that there were many helpful posts from experienced owners who cared about the success of new owners. And I remembered that the complaints (albeit legitimate and frustrating) didn't reflect the vast majority of new owners but rather an unlucky minority. I picked up my unit 1 year ago and have had remarkably few issues (fit and finish but nothing serious). I live in Ohio so I used my dealer for some small things and took the trailer back to JC for the warranty work. The JC service center people are phenominally helpful and skilled. I continue to monitor the forums to keep learning. Overall, we couldn't be more pleased with our Airstream. Just my opinion, but the internet is a great place to discuss problems and share solutions or just commiserate. Not many people taking time to say "things are pretty good."
Spike
SpikePoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #71
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
Like Spike said. He nailed it!
Old 11-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #72
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Santa Ana , California
Thank you Spike for taking the time and helping me to put things in perspective. Thanks also to GettinAway and Photobum.
Indiclouds is offline   Reply With Quote