Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #1

Monument , Colorado
Tough Decision

Hey there! We just sold our 2019 Flying Cloud 25 FB twin very quickly and at a great price. We had put down a deposit on a 2021 International, same exact floor plan and size. As a family of 4, we felt pretty comfortable traveling around in our old one. We pack light. Well now I can’t stop looking at the online pictures of a 28 RB twin. There’s obviously a 5-7 k price difference and perhaps even worse, the 28 wouldn’t be ready until next May whereas the 25 FB twin is expected in March. I’ve also never even set foot in a 28. Is it worth waiting for the 28 with the assumption that we will likely have production delay issues? We have a short season in CO. Any input from those who have spent time in both? Thanks!
Korischulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
I have never been in a 25’, but we love the lounge area of the 28’ International. It’s why we went with that set up. Don’t have to twist your neck to watch TV for one thing. We can put our feet up on foot stools, lean back and watch TV. Also the lounge area is nice for taking a nap. My favorite part
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
28 Foot

Hi,
We love the layout of the 28'. We had a 25' and traded for the 28' to get a more comfortable place to sit. We had thought about modifying the 25' with recliners, but once we went in the 28' and spent some time we were sold.
Silverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
We have had a 25 RB and now have a 27 FB. We changed to the 27 due to our 25 being in an accident.

At the time we were looking, we also took a look at the 28, and we passed for these reasons:
1-No dinette with the panoramic window view. I love how in the 25 or 27 the dinette has such a great view with the wraparound windows. No matter where you sit you have a great view. To me it seemed like in the 28 there was 1 good view and 1 view of the hallway. I didn't want to sit at the dinette and look at the hallway or bathroom.

2-Small kitchen. With the 25 or 27 we had both an oven and microwave. The 28 did not have both. The kitchen counter was smaller, and there was no pantry in the 28.

3-I didn't like the bathroom, in particular the stool and it seemed like it would be more awkward to clean it. I also prefer the toilet on the street side and the shower on the curb side.

4-Sofa looking inward vs out at the view. The sofa in the 28 just seem to be ignoring the reason we camp--which is to commune with nature.

Likes-as I said our 25 was a rear bed, and so is the 28. We really really liked having rear beds. We like to sleep with windows open and no ac, which means the shades are open when we sleep. We found it much quite with the rear beds as we would usually be camped at back in sites and the rear beds would by by the lake, stream, or river. With the front bed we find our beds face the road, headlights, and neighbors. So it can be a bit noisier and less private for sleeping.

Likes-the HUGE rear exterior storage compartment that the rear bed trailers have. This was so awesome and we do miss it.

We decided to get the 27 over the 25 and do like it. Let's face it, all Airstreams are pretty nice. I do think personally the 28 would be a better camper for 2 than for 4. When we have our 2 adult daughters with us in the 25/27 we all had plenty of room, in particular for them for sleeping. That would be 2 people on the pullout sofa on the 28 which would give each sleeper less room than the drop table and pullout futon on the 25/27.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #5
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Tough Decision

We love the lounge / couch in our 30’, which is similar to the 28. Good storage, big bed, nice for watching TV.

We removed the storage behind the couch and made the couch a little deeper...

If your at 28’..... might want to look at the 30
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote