Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2021, 06:58 PM   #1901
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by missaviatrix View Post
-- snip -- reputable facilities set-up for this type of custom work.
Switz has a Texas vendor that has done custom work for him. Either PM him or search the 23 threads. He has a D, but posts here too. I think he posted the name of the company, but it was in or around the beginning of this thread.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:14 PM   #1902
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Bartlett , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rntennis View Post
Poopouri toilet spray works great for bathroom smells, if you have not tried it, it may increase your comfort level with the bathroom.
One Christmas, I was given a bottle of Poopouri as a gag gift. (I don't know why.) It actually did work as advertised.
Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:27 AM   #1903
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
My thoughts on a bathroom vent.
If you add a small vent, you still need to provide a way for outside air to enter. This is not your sticks and bricks home that leaks air in from gaps and cracks.
I think it would be better, if using the rear window for that purpose, that there is a way to "lock" it in a barely open position. Never looked at that but I will.
I noticed that newer models the bathroom door has no gap at the top like mine does. I am sure that is for bathroom exhaust and I am sure AS knew you have to have the rear window open. Did they consider what that would be like in Winter, probably not.
Keep in mind our trailers are not close to being 4 season "comfortable".
FE
Old 01-10-2021, 07:43 AM   #1904
3 Rivet Member

2021 23' International
P , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
It wasn't possible for Airstream to put another exhaust fan in the bathroom because of the curvature in the ceiling of the end cap. This wasn't an oversight, and again, it works very well if you understand how to use it.
Maybe they could have fit a fan near the toilet vent?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3A9EB54B-9214-49F1-86D8-79BAE25209F6.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	349.0 KB
ID:	386629  
Old 01-10-2021, 07:48 AM   #1905
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
Maybe they could have fit a fan near the toilet vent?
Doesn’t seem like it would have been that difficult, but they made the decision to skip the vent fan. So we’re stuck with the Fantastic Fan just outside the door.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:28 AM   #1906
Wolfwhistle

New subject and seeking help / advice. I need to replace the seal around the screen door. I know what it there, what there is of it, is not original. What is the correct way to seal the screen door to the jam / surround?
I tried searching for it, but I get a zillion hits because of "door", apparently the search here is for every word, not specific combinations of words or phrases.
FE
Old 01-11-2021, 08:06 AM   #1907
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Check the online parts catalog at Airstream for your year and model trailer. Or call Airstream and ask them. The information will be from the horse's mouth.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #1908
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I recently purchased a LevelMate Pro for my 23FB. I’ll install it before the spring camping season begins. For those of you who have installed one in a 23FB, where did you mount the transmitter unit? It needs to be mounted on a flat surface that is parallel to the long axis of the trailer. I am considering mounting it inside the bathroom cabinet, or inside the small cabinet under the street side wardrobe. My concern with mounting it in the bathroom is that the transmitter will be too far away from the truck to provide a reliable signal.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 01-18-2021, 05:40 AM   #1909
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB Flying Cloud
Lakewood , Washington
Mounted the transmitter inside the driver side overhead cabinet above the bed, outside cabinet wall. No signal issues
vlaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:55 AM   #1910
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
Dennis,
We mounted our below the bank of switches as you open the entry door. Easy to switch on/off. Distance not a problem.

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L Hemi eTORQUE

Airstream Club International #2600

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #1911

Dania , Florida
Mattress in FB // new owners

Hi all!
My fiancé and I are new owners of a 2015 23FB. We are loving reading through the threads and learning new things.

I’m sure I will have more questions coming up.. but for now I’m curious about bed/mattress modifications. I’ve searched this/other threads a lot but haven’t come up with much.

Has anyone put a regular sized Queen foam mattress in the 23FB? I understand the width should be almost the same but that the length might be a little long. We are contemplating cutting our foam mattress so that it fits on the bed base that is there. We just are not fans of the spring mattress (or at least it feels like springs) in the 2015 stock mattress.
Thanks!
C.Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #1912

Dania , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
One Christmas, I was given a bottle of Poopouri as a gag gift. (I don't know why.) It actually did work as advertised.
May be a silly question but I’m a newbie.. poo pouri is ok to use in the AS toilet correct? Guessing it’s safe and won’t break down plastic in the tanks?
C.Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #1913
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletoo View Post
Dennis,
We mounted our below the bank of switches as you open the entry door. Easy to switch on/off. Distance not a problem.
Am I wrong in thinking that the transmitter needs to be mounted on the long axis of the trailer? It sounds like yours is perpendicular to the long axis.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 01-19-2021, 03:32 AM   #1914
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
You can mount the transmitter in any direction that works for you. It just needs to be somewhat level. You must select the direction of the unit when you originally set it up.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:09 PM   #1915
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletoo View Post
You can mount the transmitter in any direction that works for you. It just needs to be somewhat level. You must select the direction of the unit when you originally set it up.
I installed the LevelMate PRO today, and I put it on the wall by the switches, as you suggested. Thanks for the tip. I'm looking forward to using it on my first trip in 2021.

I used my long level on the floor to level my trailer and set the zero values for the transmitter. I don't know if that's the best place to level the 23FB, but it seemed to be good. I've noticed that the level readings on the floor are different from those taken on the counter top, or the back of the dinette.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 01-25-2021, 06:14 AM   #1916
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
Under the various switches works well since you can easily reach the Pro on/off switch from just inside the entry door. I also use a 2’ level at the door. When the bathroom door and refrigerator door stay open/closed, mama is happy. Enjoy!

Old 01-30-2021, 06:52 AM   #1917
Wolfwhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Carlson View Post
Hi all!
My fiancé and I are new owners of a 2015 23FB. We are loving reading through the threads and learning new things.

I’m sure I will have more questions coming up.. but for now I’m curious about bed/mattress modifications. I’ve searched this/other threads a lot but haven’t come up with much.

Has anyone put a regular sized Queen foam mattress in the 23FB? I understand the width should be almost the same but that the length might be a little long. We are contemplating cutting our foam mattress so that it fits on the bed base that is there. We just are not fans of the spring mattress (or at least it feels like springs) in the 2015 stock mattress.
Thanks!
I had a full length queen in my 23FB before I converted to twins. The mattress had to be ordered custom made by the previous owner, with the curve at the head of the bed like the shorter original had. An off the shelf regular queen would be an issue in that without the curve at the head, it would stick out even further at the foot and not fit well. Also, the platform foot (the plywood) should be remade to support the mattress at its foot; mine was not.
FE
Old 01-30-2021, 10:24 AM   #1918
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Switz has a Texas vendor that has done custom work for him. Either PM him or search the 23 threads. He has a D, but posts here too. I think he posted the name of the company, but it was in or around the beginning of this thread.

The place is A & P Vintage Trailer Works in Paradise, Texas, just north of Fort Worth. Ann and Paul do superb work.

https://www.apvintagetrailerworks.com/

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:12 AM   #1919
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Reno , Texas
Black spots on vinyl floor!

Has anyone else had or seen this happening to the vinyl floor. This discoloration is slowly spreading to the entire floor. I saw another thread about glue and filler used by AS causing this. However, this was noted to be yellowish stains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94CEB195-4936-4563-8BA6-68C44810915D.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	525.4 KB
ID:	387850   Click image for larger version

Name:	93ABA6FA-155A-4D3E-AD42-E7C7F7CBED5A.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	387851  

missaviatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:46 AM   #1920

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Toronto , Ontario
I had a similar thing happen on my 2020 23FB... I wish I had better news for you but it it was because of a leak(s) in my plumbing. I assume you the new composite floor? The discolouration is because the water is trapped between the impermeable subfloor and flooring. The good news is that my dealership replaced the entire vinyl floor, not a quick process because the entire interior needed to be removed and replaced. They claim Airstream was still not clear if they would pay for the work or the dealership. Regardless I would bring that in right away to your dealership.

Good luck!!!
MattBrick is offline   Reply With Quote