Frankfort , Ohio
Congratulations on your new rig :-)

StephSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:57 AM   #1662
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Iíve enjoyed following this thread from the start, but weíve decided to switch trailers. And at the same time turn me into a hypocrite.
I have said I didnít want a bigger trailer, the 23 is great for us. I just switched to a 25. Iíve said, we love our queen, we will never go with twins. We went to twins. Iíve said AS sure seems to be having a lot of QC issues with new trailers. I said, Iíll be keeping my 2011, as everything works on it as it should. We bought a slightly used 2020..
Having retired in August, Iíve given my share of lectures about fixed income, tighten the belt, protect that savings.. The new to us 25 Globetrotter FB twin was ďnotĒ an even trade for our 2011.

Oh well, I sat in a new FC 25 FB twin and got pulled right in.. Found the Globetrotter at significant savings over the FC.
Turns out my Tundra is ok with it too. 300 mile drive yesterday coming home with it wasnít too bad.
Iíll still be following this thread, but feel a bit like a traitor.
(FYI, thereís a 2011 23FC FB for sale up at the Chicago AS dealer thatís been well cared for.)
Jeff
Jeff, your a sucker for a pretty face, not to worry; its a human condition, not a fault, its the way we are. We use absolutes and preach what we believe, only to see with new eyes. A wise man once said, Teacher, write your lessons in pencil; because its difficult to erase a stone carving. Enjoy your new Airstream and don't be a stranger.
WW

Old 02-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #1663
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
A 25? You gave up a fantastic 23 for a 25? Why not at least a 33? More of that mystery to follow. The RV world is a twisty and winding road.

Hope the 25 serves you as well as the 23. Hope you stick around a bit. Your experience is part of the common 23 knowledge collection.

Hope to see you down the road with a new smile on your face. . Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:55 AM   #1664
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Thanks guys. I’m a typical two foot-itis victim/suspect. Started with a 19 then 23, and now 25.. I am surprised at how easily the 25 pulled behind the Tundra. Not bad at all. Of course it’s pretty flat between Chicago and St Louis, and I did have a huge tail wind. We will see. Headed to Florida for 4 weeks, leaving Tuesday. That’s the main reason for the trade. Four weeks will be our longest stretch in an AS.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #1665
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
-- snip -- More of that mystery to follow. -- snip --
All, we too must apologize to the 23FB team. We posted an ad to sell Glimmer today.

We learned a lot from you folks and thank you for your help and support.

Hope to see you down the road with a smile. Pat
Old 02-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #1666
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Quote:
All, we too must apologize to the 23FB team. We posted an ad to sell Glimmer today.

Pat,

What are you moving to? Also just realized you are in WC, i was just there for the week, flying back to Denver now.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:10 PM   #1667
1 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Quote:

I rarely post but faithfully follow. Wish you best in your new...??? Doesnít matter. Wish you best.

Troutboy...iím down the road from you and need some advice. Will reach out soon.
Jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:18 PM   #1668
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Anytime Jdubya pm me and we can connect
Old 02-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #1669
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
TB - maybe we saw your smile.

As to the question of what .... we are moving to a 33ft Breeze Moho.

Yes, a case of ten-ft-i-tis. It takes a lot of mojo to replace a 23FB. Pat
Old 02-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #1670
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
My Micro Pulse monitor has been off since I've owned it, in particular the fresh level. So, today I set about calibrating it.... prompted by a gray level indicator that goes completely out and a fresh tank that has read 1/2 when full since I have owned it. the gray isn't showing up... looks like the gray came unplugged at the sensor. Funny that it worked every now and then. Depending a modular phone jack / cord in a basically outdoor environment is crazy. I have to wonder why in the world AS would stick with this company and its poor product for these many years (mine's a 2013). The tank levels shown doesn't mean much but the battery status is so bad its funny. Should I make a blank plate or just tape over the display? From now on, I'll assume when the water pump sucks air I'm out of water, when gray comes up in shower its full. Easy to check the black tank and hope the seal under the toilet is good. LOL.
WW

« The 23D thread | Top | - »