Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #3941
RFP
Rivet Master
 
RFP's Avatar
 
2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyH View Post
Hi
< snip > What tool would I use to lift the power staples that hold that sheet in place?

Cindy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
< snip > I used a small screwdriver and pliers to remove all the staples ... < snip >
OK folks, probably the reason it never occurred to me to remove staples is that I don't see any staples. Where are they? Photos, please
__________________

__________________
2014 23D International Serenity - "Fortune Cookie"
2015 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost, Max Tow - "Cookie Monster"
And some stuff

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #3942
The Aluminum Tent 3
 
pcskier's Avatar
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,570
The 23D thread

Closets converted to shelves. Folding clothes has probably quadrupled the storage capacity. Kinda important now that I live in this thing for now! I am awaiting the arrival of some small wire baskets of varying sizes that will be installed on the backs of the closet doors for added storage...there is as much as 5 inches between the back of each door and each shelf, depending on which one. Will post that when I get them in.

Also added a chrome sliding shelf to pantry, so much easier now to get the stuff in the back of the cabinet out without having to first take everything out of the front. Small bungee with hooks attaches to inside wall to secure for travel.

I'm on a new quest to maximize storage! So much wasted space in these things. The huge space that Ronnie opened up for me under the kitchen sink was staggering...he used plexiglass and velcro as a cover. Great place to store extra toilet paper, paper towels, etc. He also routed out an opening next to the trash can that I use to store dish soap, trash bags, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9348.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	375671Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9347.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	375672Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9351.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	375673Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9352.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	318.8 KB
ID:	375674Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9353.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	375675
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9354.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	375681
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9357.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	375682
__________________

__________________
Peter
Instagram: @thealuminumtent
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #3943
The Aluminum Tent 3
 
pcskier's Avatar
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
OK folks, probably the reason it never occurred to me to remove staples is that I don't see any staples. Where are they? Photos, please
Rob, the white panel under the sofa cushions on my 2014 FC was attached with staples. I donít have pics because they are long gone, replaced with screws. Yours might be different...or they are hard to see it first? I canít remember! I just know it made it much easier to run my solar wire than having to remove the whole lounge. Iíve been meaning to go back in and install a trap door to make some use of that space under there for extra sundries storage space.
__________________
Peter
Instagram: @thealuminumtent
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:29 PM   #3944
The Aluminum Tent 3
 
pcskier's Avatar
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,570
The 23D thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
Rob, the white panel under the sofa cushions on my 2014 FC was attached with staples. I donít have pics because they are long gone, replaced with screws. Yours might be different...or they are hard to see it first? I canít remember! I just know it made it much easier to run my solar wire than having to remove the whole lounge. Iíve been meaning to go back in and install a trap door to make some use of that space under there for extra sundries storage space.
OK update. Though it was only a year ago, I can't remember if the staples were visible or not. It's possible that in the cabinet shop, the plywood was stapled down, and THEN the white laminate added on top so there would be no staples to come loose and damage the bottom of the cushions? I think I just gently pried the panel up until all the staples pulled up, and then I clipped them off on the underside of the panel? OR the staples were in the places on the attached pic, where I now have screws. I just looked and can't see any evidence of staples on the white panel...so they were either concealed UNDER the white laminate, OR I just put a screw in the exact place the staples were located. Sorry I can't be more specific! I did countersink the screws so they wouldn't damage the cushions.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	375690
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	375689
__________________
Peter
Instagram: @thealuminumtent
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:04 PM   #3945
RFP
Rivet Master
 
RFP's Avatar
 
2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
Closets converted to shelves. Folding clothes has probably quadrupled the storage capacity. Kinda important now that I live in this thing for now! I am awaiting the arrival of some small wire baskets of varying sizes that will be installed on the backs of the closet doors for added storage...there is as much as 5 inches between the back of each door and each shelf, depending on which one. Will post that when I get them in.

Also added a chrome sliding shelf to pantry, so much easier now to get the stuff in the back of the cabinet out without having to first take everything out of the front. Small bungee with hooks attaches to inside wall to secure for travel.

I'm on a new quest to maximize storage! So much wasted space in these things. The huge space that Ronnie opened up for me under the kitchen sink was staggering...he used plexiglass and velcro as a cover. Great place to store extra toilet paper, paper towels, etc. He also routed out an opening next to the trash can that I use to store dish soap, trash bags, etc.

Attachment 375671Attachment 375672Attachment 375673Attachment 375674Attachment 375675
Attachment 375681
Attachment 375682
Wowzir, Peter, this is great stuff you've done! Care to share the make & model of the chrome sliding shelf? You really did good!
__________________
2014 23D International Serenity - "Fortune Cookie"
2015 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost, Max Tow - "Cookie Monster"
And some stuff

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:47 PM   #3946
The Aluminum Tent 3
 
pcskier's Avatar
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
W Care to share the make & model of the chrome sliding shelf? You really did good!
This is the one, a perfect fit for the 23d pantry, it's the 11Wx21deep model. I found the quality to be very good, so it was worth the $45. Heavy duty, nice finish and well put together. Piece of cake to install. I did add two small washers on each screw to keep them from piercing through the cabinet base, especially for those of us with the slide-out countertop over the lower pantry that I think you invented--Ronnie put mine in back in December :-) Either that or use shorter screws than those provided.

I used a short bungee wrapped around a screw that was then tightened down behind the cabinet frame to give me a couple hooks to attach for travel, as this thing WILL release when under way, the detent is very slight. I'm sure you will come come up with a more elegant travel latch being the craftsman that you are, I went for simple and fast
https://www.amazon.com/Lynk-Professi...st_sto_dp&th=1
__________________
Peter
Instagram: @thealuminumtent
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #3947
RFP
Rivet Master
 
RFP's Avatar
 
2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
This is the one, a perfect fit for the 23d pantry, it's the 11Wx21deep model. I found the quality to be very good, so it was worth the $45. < snip >[/URL]
Well, I've got a birthday coming up next week, so I did an outstanding job of "hinting" ... I expect to have it installed by next weekend. Thanks for the GREAT idea.
__________________

__________________
2014 23D International Serenity - "Fortune Cookie"
2015 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost, Max Tow - "Cookie Monster"
And some stuff

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
23d


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Secret doors on 23D CCD bolerama 2006 - 2010 International 24 04-05-2010 12:44 AM
2010 23d Int. Does this price sound right? Jezibels Buyer Guidelines 8 10-12-2009 06:49 PM
NEW 2007 International 23D Signature Series CCD 23' Colonial Airstream Commercial Listings 20 02-04-2007 09:48 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.