Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Red face New Bambi owner!!

Yesterday, I brought my new Bambino home!! She is BAMBI 16 Sport, 2015, with interior Golden ultra leather dinette upholstery. I bought her from Windish RV in Lakewood Colorado, and drove home to Centennial, Colorado (about 42 miles in rush hours traffic)! Len and his team were so nice to work with, making the process pretty much painless.

BAMBI towed like a dream, no problems at all. So, she's parked in front of my house, drawing a multitude of drive by gawkers and smiles! Once I get it packed up with leave in basics, I'll need to put it in storage for a bit, which I hate to do. Just this morning, I made reservations for my 1st trip, a week in Durango, Co.

Also upgraded AAA to RV Premiere, arranged insurance, beginning plans for my big Pacific NW trip. I'm raring to go! Happy trails to all. I hope to meet some of you along the road! Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Superior , Colorado
Congrats from up here in Superior CO. Enjoy your new Bambino!
ericpeltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Yea! Congratulations! You are going to love it. Hope to see you out there on the road somewhere.

Stan
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Congratulations. Our 30' will be doing from PA to NW this summer and then working our way down to Durango. ENJOY
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:15 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Pineola , North Carolina
Congratulations to you. We got ours in January and love it. It is a wonderful design. Have fun.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Thanks guys. I feel that I've just adopted a new baby! I hope I haven't. Bitten off too much, as I try to plan a possibly month long trip to Grand Tetons, Glacier NP, then across to the Pacific NW Coast, and tour down the coastal hwy. I am a senior lady, traveling solo, with my little Pomeranian, Bella Diva.
(I do carry bear mace, marine air horn, taser, and (an appropriate age and size 'equalizer', if you know what I mean)! I prefer camping in RV PARKS WITH FULL HOOKUPS WHERE POSSIBLE. I prefer to have others nearby, just for safety reasons, as I don't want to be out somewhere totally alone.

Paiceman, the Alpen Rose campground on Hwy 550, just west of Durango, is a nice place, full hookups, shade areas, clean bathrooms, showers, park well maintained, nice host and workers. I stayed there in 2013 in my TaB, and have reservations for a pull through site for a week early June. Convenient to some fabulous scenery!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
PJ1
1 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Cincinnati , Ohio
Happy Trails!
What are you using for a tow vehicle? I, too, am solo and trying to decide on which AS model would be the easiest to use. The complications are steep driveway and physical inability to lift much weight.
Have looked at the T@bs. Prefer the AS though the T@bs seem like might be easier to use. Why T@b and then the AS? Am curious and would appreciate any and all thoughts on the subject!
PJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #8
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
I had a T@b and went to 19' Bambi. I loved my tab, really ease of use, simple but mine was a 2006 and I decided two things, I wanted a bathroom and shower( which they now have) and I wanted my bed to always be a bed. The bambi is just right, I added the bike rack. I would say you do not need a ton of strength. For hitching, make sure you have an electric jack and let it do the work. Stablizer jacks can be tricky but bring a little garden bench and it was make your job easier. Get your propane at a campground.

ColoradoLady, your Bambi sounds awesome as does your trip, go, enjoy, travel, have fun. I am over 60, use mine for work and pleasure and get 20k a yeAr in, mostly alone. I love your 16' Sport, I chose mine as a used one that worked for me, I can get all four grandchildren in there!
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #9
Rivet Master

PJ1,
I had the T@B with wet bath, only5 gallon waste tank! You can see how often it required attention! They have upgraded to 11 gallon, but, still too small. The stab jacks were located way underneath, requiring one to crawl under, contorted, to deploy or raise, 4 X, each task! Bed required manhandling heavy dinette table twice daily, to make into a bed, then, back to dinette in a.m. I ended up taking table out, left bed made all time. Shower/toilet space tiny! Really no move around space ...get out of bed, use bathroom, turn around & back in bed...or out of bed & out the door.TaB is cute, but, I did not feel that safe in it alone...not very hard if intruder wanted in. A good flip with a screwdriver could force the door open. Many times, locks did not work. Very cramped indoor area.
When I saw BAMBI, that was it! No turning back! I can feel safe and secure in BAMBI, with no fear of breakin. Yes, it is heavier, but, then, it is a real travel trailer. 3500lb vs 1600 lb of TaB. Bambi is more like a studio luxury apartment on wheels, compared to a cute little bed in a box.
My tow vehicle: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder, GTW 5000. I had mods made on BAMBI:
1. Extend 4 stab jacks to edge of trailer, (I'll stand at side, bend slightly, use 18 volt drill to deply/ raise them.) 2. Extend waste access tube and waste tube holders to trailer edge, for ease of access /use. 3.electric tongue jack with level feature.
4. Roof vent cover installed. 5. Sway bar attached for TT/TV. 6. Electric TT BRAKE control box installed in Pathfinder. There you have it! The perfect TT for a 70+ lady, my mods addressed all minor issues. My goal, not to spend too much time doing chores, and to increase time available to enjoy my travels. Happy Trails, ya'll!
Old 04-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #10
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
I am impressed, good for you, enjoy every moment.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Fantastic! Hope to see you down the road!

WBCCI #7246 Michigan Unit,Texas Hill Country Unit (associate member), AIR #91367
Old 04-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Thank you, Sbb, and I plan to enjoy for as long as the Good Lord allows. I had a 2014 T@b, and had tent camped till about 4-5 years ago. Before that, I backpacked into the mountains with my tent and my then Malamute, Chinook. (That was about 20 tears ago!) so,you see the transitions as one ages! LOL!! Now my camping companion is a 5lb Pomeranian, Bella Diva. The only protection she offers is a 'shrill yipping' to alert me so I can get my ��, ��, ��!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
Welcome.
timhortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:53 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Lakeridge , Virginia
Congratulations ColoradoLady! We moved up from a Tab this past December and are loving it! So far we have spent every holiday in it (New Years, Valentine’s Day, Saint Patty’s, and Easter). It was super cold Valentine’s ( 11 degrees), but we were warm and toasty. Plus my love, who is quite claustrophobic, never felt closed-in thanks to the panoramic windows. Can you please tell me how you extended the 4 stabilizer jacks and the model of your electric tongue jack? Thanks. Mike
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 AM   #15
PJ1
1 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Cincinnati , Ohio
Thanks to all for the AS vs T@b comments. Am thinking just need to rise to the challenge and make it happen as AS is what I have wanted all along! Am making notes on all suggestions to simplify AS set-up and use. Thank you-thank you!
PJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Peanut, glad to! I purchased from authorized Airstream dealer, Windish RV in Lakewood, Co. I told them the mods I wanted, and they performed them, prior to my pick up day last Tuesday. They said they simply installed a straight jack crank to the edge of the trailer for each of 4 stab jacks. They sold me the required chuck to fit it, I stood at side, connected my 18volt Dewalt, zip! It went down, Zip in reverse, it went up! They said it was much the same as on the big AS. They also provided the electric tongue jack, an Airstream product, with level bubble. They also extended access to sewer waste tube to end of TT, extended waste tube canister to TT EDGE, as well, installed vent roof cover, (allowing use of vent/fan in rainstorms, without getting wet)! I would contact your local AIRSTREAM DEALER and ask if they can do the same, if you like. As I indicated, these mods solved all issues I had to accommodate my aging capabilities, and save the old back! Hope this helps. Evelyn. HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #17
Rivet Master

PJ1, Just go for it! You won't be sorry! See ya on the road! HTY!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Longmont , Colorado
Hello and congratulations on your new "baby".
I applaud you for heading out and following your dreams.
When you go to Montana, there is a delightful RV park in Livingston, Montana. Rock Canyon RV is such a little jewel. Kim and John, the owners are SO nice, and welcoming. They have many repeat seasonal visitors, and it actually feels like family. The restrooms are so so very clean, and you would feel very welcome there. You would be able to take day trips in to the North entrance of Yellowstone while leaving your Bambi at Rock Canyon. Livingston is a great little western town...and they have a good Farmer's Market in the middle of the week. Bozeman is close by, and the surrounding area around Livingston is beautiful. Pinky's is a fun breakfast venue, and if you want delicious baked goods....Bodega is great.
We are headed that way next week...if you go, tell them that the Brown's sent you their way. Have a fabulous adventure...and if we see you...we definitely will come say hello.
SunniStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Enjoy! ...and welcome ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Yesterday, I brought my new Bambino home!! She is BAMBI 16 Sport, 2015, with interior Golden ultra leather dinette upholstery. I bought her from Windish RV in Lakewood Colorado, and drove home to Centennial, Colorado (about 42 miles in rush hours traffic)! Len and his team were so nice to work with, making the process pretty much painless.

BAMBI towed like a dream, no problems at all. So, she's parked in front of my house, drawing a multitude of drive by gawkers and smiles! Once I get it packed up with leave in basics, I'll need to put it in storage for a bit, which I hate to do. Just this morning, I made reservations for my 1st trip, a week in Durango, Co.

Also upgraded AAA to RV Premiere, arranged insurance, beginning plans for my big Pacific NW trip. I'm raring to go! Happy trails to all. I hope to meet some of you along the road! Evelyn.
you have excellent taste in Airstreams.
timhortons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 bambi 16 sport, centennial colorado