Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Our neighbor here at Alumalina, has a new 30' Classic...they had the same 28!' FC we have...and wife finally said, "I hate the cushions on this couch"! which he said, cost him a tidy upgrade sum, to get the new "couch" which came with a new 30' Classic! (unfortunately, my wife also heard this...) Not sure what the future holds for a solution with our 28' couch...hope it's not more $$...
Hi

The whole process of "we hate the cushions in this one" is at the heart of *why* I suggest people spend a lot of time in various trailers before buying. When we headed over to shop, the last thing in the world we expected to decide on was a Classic. The FC was the target ....

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Midland , MI
"All that matters is which is the best Airstream for you."

"Airmiles", and other posts have this totally correct IMHO. Don't compromise - buy the one that is right for you.

I was always intrigued by the Airstream design and construction and considered buying one many times over the 50 years we have been camping. We detested the interior design though, especially the "mouse fur" covering the interior aluminum in older models. Why did they do that? And in a white color, in a camping trailer? It never made sense to me and we never went past the looking stage. This Spring we stopped at a big Airstream dealer in Florida on our way home to Michigan and saw a Tommy Bahama 27 they had just received. It wasn't set up yet, but we loved it. We liked the interior colors, the wood louvered doors, the fun leather pull handles, the lighted bar top over the liquor storage, the ice cube maker, all the TB accessories and the rear hatch. That was the major selling point for us. We had no intention of buying a new trailer at that time, but when we learned the TB model was discontinued we changed our minds. We were able to find one on it's way to a dealer here in Michigan and put a deposit down immediately. We picked it up a month later.

There are aspects of the TB model that we aren't ecstatic over, such as the limited seating room and less than fully comfortable TV viewing options and the power awning. But, overall we love it. So in our case, the model design made the sale. I don't know if we would have ever bought one otherwise as we weren't even serious about purchasing a new trailer.
BobnGayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #23

Haymarket , Arkansas
We choose the 27' FlyingCloud for similar reasons. My wife could not get past the orange near the sink. Would have preferred smooth floors but that was not a show stopper.
Tmhedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Tin View Post
I am in the process of looking at new 27 ft airstreams. My delima which is the best camper the 27 International or the Globetrotter.
I don't like either one. But it's not my decision it's yours.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
There is no right or wrong answer. Whatever floats your boat.
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
2019 27' Globetrotter
Fort Worth , Texas
2019 Globetrotter

We had a 19’ Serenity which we loved, but when it was beat up in a hail storm we replaced it with a Globetrotter. It has some great dry camping features, but the deciding factor for me was the back padding on the dinette seat. I love leaning back on it when I’m sitting in the dinette, instead of having to put a pillow against the window frame. On the other hand, the I don’t know why in the world Airstream put a white textured floor in a trailer. It’s a pain to keep clean. The best advice is what others have already said-find an Airstream dealer with several models and see which one feels the best to you. There’s no bad choice!
MartyJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #27
The Warthog

2019 28' Flying Cloud
Spearfish , All over
the One thing about the Globetrotter that just doesn’t make sense is the cushion design. Because of the back of the sofa and dinette, the cushions for making both into a bed have to be stored somewhere. If you actually need those cushions (and really you might, even without kids if you want to break the dinette down to make the TV area actually comfortable) you have to bring them with you and store them in the closet, they take up a lot of valuable space.
GSansoucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #28

2019 27' Globetrotter
Whitewood , South Dakota
For us, it was the Globetrotter hands down. We liked the layout, colors, and size. It is something we can live in for a couple of months during the winter, or have fun camping with the family. Everything about it is cool, except the fact that it is so nice, we're always trying to keep it clean!
mld568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #29
Silver Spud

2019 27' Globetrotter
Island Park , Idaho
We bought a 2019 Globetrotter, 27' queen - Barcelona Blue. We were very fortunately to be relatively close to a large Airstream dealer & went in & the first one we went into was the Globetrotter. At first I was researching the 27' Flying Cloud & International. But we LOVED the Globetrotter. I love the overheads & I love the rectangle sink instead of the round sink in some. Right now, I don't think there is anything I would change. But if you can, go to a dealer & spend some time sitting, standing, walking by the bed or in between, etc. It is just like buying a house or car, you have to find your perfect fit. Good luck & you'll love it! We were absolutely perfectly comfortable from our very first night! (And the Tuft & Needle mattress is so comfortable, we bought one for home too)
mtpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
So a quick scan of this thread I have not seen the question asked: why does it matter, get what floats your boat. As they are all build at the same place with the same folks so they are all the same animal with different lipstick.

Now to move forward, if you are asking because you are a bit concerned about the cost and what is the right model/color/etc. that you will not regret .... then that is a question where every one on this forum can help you work through your decision making process. Some buy for layout, some buy for interior finishes, some buy for function.

....side note: I have not seen the OP back since the original post, so maybe we are talking to ourselves.

Give us a bit more about why you are asking the questions and hopefully we can give you more input back that helps you out.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote