Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Port Townsend , Washington
How to Dim Lights on 2015 Bambi 16' Sport

Newbie. I like din lights at night. Duct tape and towels only go so far. Anyone use dimmer swiches, different light bulbs. I need 1/3 the light or less. Soft lighting. Thanks for you ideas. - Happy Adventurer
tincanblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Tai - I'm with you on this! Our 2011 20 has very bright LEDs without dimmers. There ARE dimmer switches that are made for these lights and match your current switch style. I saw them at an Airstream dealer. Check with your dealer, they can probably get them and install them. I'm going to be doing that mod next on mine.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The 16 Sport has individual incandescent light fixtures, they are not controlled by a central switch.
You can try replacing the bulb that comes on first when you slide the power switch on with a lower wattage bulb, and only using that bulb for less light. Less light will also mean less heat and less power consumed from the battery when not plugged in to 120v.
An example of a lower wattage bulb would be a number 1003 bulb.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
I hear what you're saying. I use a night light when plugged into shore power at campground.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 12-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Ridgefield , Washington
Not sure how dim you want your lighting, but an alternative may be to turn them off entirely and light a candle or two. Nice low level lighting, scent of your choice, and reduced power usage.
Nomad518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Sorry, thought they all had LEDs now...
Old 12-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Port Townsend , Washington
Thanks all! Appreciate bulb numbers, candles, nite lites. Guess dimmers are out. Will use all of them. During day ai need the bright sometimes. Got a small battery lantern on now. Plenty. Happy New Year!🎉🌈☀️⛺️

Tin Can Blues
tincanblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:15 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I use night lights and if needed a very small desk lamp with a low wattage bulb. No reason to mess with the stock lights. The small desk lamp can be run off a small inverter plugged into a twelve volt outlet if off the grid. Peace, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16' sport