Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #1

Exclamation 77 Inter. Ambassador info needed

Your knowledge needed!
Preparing to sell my 1977 29' International ambassador Land Yacht and I'm having trouble understanding why I can't find info????
I've looked in classifieds forum ect..... found 1975,1979,198? but no, nota, nothing 1977 ecept Soverieng's.

I've been to that site "How to price Airstream" http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_t...condition.html
thats not a problem but I would like to compare I don't want to give it away
my husband was thinking $2500 after he helped me back up off the floor I lined him out.

Any reasons why I don't find any Good or Bad?
Thanks Cuda
cuda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
The site you referenced put the value of your '77 Ambassador at between $4,000 and $7,500 if its in 'average' condition (usable without any significant or obvious flaws). This fits my impression of the market. I paid $6000 for my '75 Ambassador 15 years ago.

There aren't a lot of the Ambassadors around. The Sovereign (31') were the common large trailer and most people went either that way or down to the Overlander (26') or smaller.

For all intents and purposes, you can use any Sovereigns in the '75 - '80 age range on the market for comparisons. The Ambassador should sell for about the same - maybe a few hundred less.

If you really want to sell yourself short ($2500 for a usable trailer), let me know! But I think you'd be doing yourself a favor to go high ($7k or $8k depedning upon condition) and make it clear you'll consider offers.

Of course, if you have a trailer that has been up to Alaska a few times, has rear frame sag, hail and rock beaten skin, lots of evidence of serious use, very old tires, and has been sitting around a lot alone and neglected, then $2500 might be generous.

There are a lot of good places to announce your 'for sale' - including this website. Good luck. Get a good value and find a good new home for your Ambassador.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #3

Smile Thank You for your reply MORE PLEASE

Bryon thank you I agree with your findings same as mine $4k-7.5k
I just wish I could find just 1 somewhere . I've shook the tree and none have fallin out. this trailer has no major problems, tows well, NO FLOOR PROBLEMS (saggy back end as they say) My daughter & I have started a new family and a home would be more benefical
Thanks again

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TO GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS FORUM GO'RS
ALCINDIA
cuda1 is offline   Reply With Quote