Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1966 Sovereign

I have a "new to me" 1966 Sovereign twin. It is in fairly good condition but needs some work to restore it (carpeting removed.... new/old water heater installed...curtains hung...ect.). I have been surfing the web and the airstreamforums website and haven't found a lot of info about Sovereign's in general....in fact, it's rare to find anything about 1966 Sovereigns. For example, there is not even a listing in this forum for a 1966 Sovereign.

It's making me wonder if I own one of the few remaining 1966 Sovereigns? If this is not true, then where can I find information about them?

I have taken many digital pictures of my newest obsession....would you be interested in posting them?

Becky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outside front.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	5210  
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Hi Becky

I think you need to post the pictures yourself. You can do so on your photo page, just click on photos, and log in, and then follow the instructions on how to post your pictures.
I would think that even if there is not another 1966 Sovereign, we have plenty of owners with 60's trailers so that you can draw information. The trailers were not that different back then, for the most part. They did share very similar technical components, and layouts.
Good Luck!!
Old 03-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Becky, I own something of a "one off" too. These trailers have enough common parts that you can get help on almost anything you need, with little problem.
Just because there are no other 1966 Sovereigns here, the same parts may be on two or three different model of trailer. That is, you may have a counter that is the same as a Trade Wind, a galley that is the same as an Overlander, etc.
Terry
Old 04-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #4

Hi, Becky, my husband and I just purchased a 1966 Sovereign on Ebay. It needs some inside work, but seems pretty solid-latches that don't work, etc., but the tubs are still there. We'll be watching these forums too for answers to our questions. The 3 burner stovetop seems a little rough. Not sure if we can clean it up or if replacements are available. Do you have any info about the stove tops?
VBritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #5

Hello, from JAPAN !
I have a 1966 Sovereign 30'.
I am looking for the drawing (floor plan ) of that.
Because,I will re-make that a cafe.
A construction dealer said to me that it was necessary for that.
Do you have any idea ?
elmokika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmokika
Hello, from JAPAN !
I have a 1966 Sovereign 30'.
I am looking for the drawing (floor plan ) of that.
Because,I will re-make that a cafe.
A construction dealer said to me that it was necessary for that.
Do you have any idea ?
Vintage Airstream Club may have copies of floorplans for your coach. You can check their website for information.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
Ottawa , Ontario
Cool I was beginning to think that I had the only one as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
I have a "new to me" 1966 Sovereign twin. It is in fairly good condition but needs some work to restore it (carpeting removed.... new/old water heater installed...curtains hung...ect.). I have been surfing the web and the airstreamforums website and haven't found a lot of info about Sovereign's in general....in fact, it's rare to find anything about 1966 Sovereigns. For example, there is not even a listing in this forum for a 1966 Sovereign.

It's making me wonder if I own one of the few remaining 1966 Sovereigns? If this is not true, then where can I find information about them?

I have taken many digital pictures of my newest obsession....would you be interested in posting them?

Becky
I have a 66 Sovereign Twin as well. I am considering modifying it by getting rid of the two twins and somehow (when I figure it out to a double) in the interim I have changed the front Cushions to a futon mattress. I have had mine for about 7 years now and have repaired quite a few things. If I can be of help just ask. I found the floor plans on Vintage Airstream yesterday but one thing that is confusing me is in the Sovereign twin they show a couch along one wall up front mine has two cupboards and the table that folds out from the wall. I would like to find a better floorplan that has more detail. Could you possibly post some pictures of your interior and we can compare notes. I will have access to mine in another week (Trailer park near Ottawa Ontario Canada) Hope to hear from you soon.
Rick
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Just as Uwe said the '66's (the ones over 22 feet) all use the same systems, bathroom, tanks, fittings, windows, latches, wood work, axles, electrical, etc....And there's plenty of us '66'ers, and I am usually elbow deep in mine repairing it. So ask away!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Stove Top

Most stove tops should be available from Hart Corp. 800-782-2455. They are located in Mobile, AL.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

First one didn't take

Tags
1966, 1966 sovereign