Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #1

1962 22' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Question Trying to post a classified

I've tried twice to post a classified, go threw the steps (form), and enter it. It appears to upload and then nothing. It gives me no responce, if posted or not. I search for the ad but can not find it. Where did it Go?
Steve_Judy
steve_judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Well.... let's try a walk through.

1. Log into the forums
2. Go to classifieds section
3. Click "place an ad" on the blue tool bar
4. Select the appropriate text in the choice window (item to sell or buy) and then hit submit.
5. Select the classifieds section appropriate for your item e.g. vintage, newer or parts and hit submit.
6. Enter all text in the ad editor boxes and upload photos (if you have them). Photos are size limited. Be sure that they are 360 x 360 pixels or smaller and no larger than 60K.
7. When you are finished hit submit
You should see your ad post immediately

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Right Steve_Judy -- I don't see it either. When this does post successfully it may not be visible for several minutes -- not the case for you so far...

I wonder if you are composing your classified directly in the entry screen? If you stay on the same screen for too long your log-on at the Forums server may time out while you're composing the text. In addition to Janet's review of the steps, I'd suggest composing the classified in a simple word processor, then cut and pasting to a refreshed classified window in your browser. This way you will proceed clip-clip and nothing will time out.

Welcome to the Forums! Come back and enjoy a great community of Airstream enthusiasts!!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Steve_Judy? I don't see an ad yet and it is now 24 hours later. Hope that just means you're off on a fine weekend. Please keep us informed if you try again.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 09-16-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

I've also had problems posting ads, but only when I try to post a photo. Word-only ads post fine, but I cannot get a photo to post. I follow the instructions exactly, select the photo I want, but when I hit "submit" nothing happens. Delete the photo and the ad posts almost immediately. What gives? Darol
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
darol - if you are still having trouble - maybe you could e-mail me the pictures and i could add them to your ad/s. Photo issues are usually file size related.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 09-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
File size limits are approximately 100KB. 400 x 600 pixels for jpeg images will work just fine -- a bit larger actually if you watch the file size. 400 x 600 works even if you have higher quality images saved -- my experience is that Forums software will convert & post it in lower res "internet quality" anyway. Bitmap or tif images will bust the bank.

Janet has made a very nice offer! We're glad to let our experience help you.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
File size limits are approximately 100KB. 400 x 600 pixels for jpeg images will work just fine -- a bit larger actually if you watch the file size. 400 x 600 works even if you have higher quality images saved -- my experience is that Forums software will convert & post it in lower res "internet quality" anyway. Bitmap or tif images will bust the bank.

Not quite....

The Classifieds software is a little wonky. File sizes are limited to 360 x 360 pixels or smaller and no larger than 60K. Photos larger than this will result in your ad not posting. You will not get an error message - it just won't load.

Files posted to the regular forum threads can be a little larger - 1024 x 1024 and less than 300 K. However, the smaller 400 x 600 /up to 100K size is MUCH friendlier to our dailup users and until recently was the max size allowed.

Photos posted to the photo archive can be HUGE and the Photopost software will downsize as needed. Don't get these three sections of the forums confused. They have different size restrictions and behavior because they are actually 3 different pieces of software laced together.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 09-16-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
My question is a tiny bit off topic... hope I don't commit a sin here! The wanted ads, at least for parts, etc. doesn't allow for pictures. It would sure be nice if they did! I have a couple of parts I want... I know what they look like! Others might be able to respond better to fill my "dreams" if they can "see" what I am looking for.

Janet, thanks for the excellent suggestions on photo size! Makes it nice and clear.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #10
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hmm... i didn't know they couldn't be added... let me look into it.

AirForums Custom Search