Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
Angry Troubles posting my ad

I am literally tearing out my hair trying to post an ad! I logged in to the Classified section, filled out all the fields, hit Submit, and saw my ad disappear into cyberspace, never to be seen again. Tried twice, then created a new registration for my husband, tried under his login, same result. Poof, it's gone! Tried on a different computer, same result. Sent a message to the administrators, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Any ideas, anyone? I really do know how to post an ad, done it before. . .we are having to sell our beautiful rig, not happy about it at all, but this is so frustrating on top of everything else!
herrick51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Pm one the the moderators ( in bold on the portal page bottom). Maybe try a different browser?
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Were you logged into the classified site separate from the forums? Even when you're logged into the forums you have to log into the classifieds, using the same login info. I don't know much about classifieds either, but I know that trips up a lot of folks.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
Yes, I logged in separately on the Classified page, yes I sent a MSG to the moderators, yes, I tried a different browser. . .arggggh!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
The Moderator brought up your problem in our room and comments have been made.

In the meanwhile, here are some things that have (and have not) worked on no regular basis for others:
  • Clear your cache(s)
  • Use a different browser
  • Use a different computer
  • Do the ad in sections. Start with basic pieces, like title, trailer model and size, then save; go back using Edit and try adding the Description, then save, then try another time to add photos.

Try creating it in sections; start a new post, put in your make, model, length, year, then save it. The go back in and edit it, adding more info. Save. Try to move forward by adding more, photos, say. Sneak up on it, as it were.

I have seen posters put the description into one of the follow-up comments.

I know it's frustrating, but I hope you will agree, computers can be very frustrating at times. Please try to be patient, we will help you as best we can.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
Ok, when you say save, do you mean I should Submit just basic info, then go back an edit the ad?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrick51 View Post
Ok, when you say save, do you mean I should Submit just basic info, then go back an edit the ad?
Precisely.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
Thank, you, thank you, thank you! One step at a time worked. A bit cumbersome, but well worth the time after fighting with it half the day! I really try everything else including clearing the cache, different computer, even trying a new registration through my husband. Just took the one small step approach! Now, if we can find a buyer. . .thank you again!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Thank, you, thank you, thank you! One step at a time worked. A bit cumbersome, but well worth the time after fighting with it half the day! I really try everything else including clearing the cache, different computer, even trying a new registration through my husband. Just took the one small step approach! Now, if we can find a buyer. . .thank you again!
You're very welcome, and I am glad it worked.

ps: gorgeous trailer, by the way. Sorry to hear you have to sell. :/
Old 04-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #10

2005 19' Safari
Glasgow , Kentucky
I am having trouble with the description section of my ad. I have typed it at least 6 times, but it does not appear in my ad. HELP!
retired sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I moved your "Comments" info into the description field. Sorry about the frustration.

On behalf of
The Site Team
Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Aage,

Just noticed your new avatar, sorta like the last ones better SUPERMAN worked great and the hiddyho guy from the Simpsons too.

My two small coins.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
Aage,
Thanks again for your help. We sold our beautiful baby within 24 hrs!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Aage,

Just noticed your new avatar, sorta like the last ones better SUPERMAN worked great and the hiddyho guy from the Simpsons too.

My two small coins.

Gary
Well, I was giving it some time for me to get used to it, but I have you admit you are right. I may change it again soon. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Aage,
Thanks again for your help. We sold our beautiful baby within 24 hrs!
Hey, that is one of the faster sales I have seen on the Classifieds. Congratulations, and I hope you got what you wanted for it. It is a lovely trailer!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Aage,

Don't know if our trails will ever cross, but I'd like to meet the SuperMod and share some BBQ and a campfire.

We see a lot of Canada plates on all manor of rigs running up and down I-95.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
mystery posting

Quote:
I am literally tearing out my hair trying to post an ad! I logged in to the Classified section, filled out all the fields, hit Submit, and saw my ad disappear into cyberspace, never to be seen again. Tried twice, then created a new registration for my husband, tried under his login, same result. Poof, it's gone! Tried on a different computer, same result. Sent a message to the administrators, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Any ideas, anyone? I really do know how to post an ad, done it before. . .we are having to sell our beautiful rig, not happy about it at all, but this is so frustrating on top of everything else!
I have tried to post on the add I placed a description of my airstream and it says it posted edited successfully but nothing is there when I reload the add, very mysterious.
arcamedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #17

1967 26' Overlander
Laguna Beach , California
Editing Classified Ad

Can someone please tell me how to edit my ad??
Thank you!
Al
1967Overland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamedies View Post
I have tried to post on the add I placed a description of my airstream and it says it posted edited successfully but nothing is there when I reload the add, very mysterious.
For now, just put it in the "comments" section, below your ad.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Overland View Post
Can someone please tell me how to edit my ad??
Thank you!
Al
Here goes:

When you first visit the classifieds page, you may (or may not) be prompted to log in again. Use the same pogin you used to get here, and be sure to click the “remember me” box when you log in.

Most members that have difficulty with editing ads or adding photos eventually discover that they were not logged in. A simple check to know if you are logged in: look at the top dark blue horizontal bar: at the far right, if it says “Logout”, you are logged in.

Again, use the same username and password that you created here on Airforums.com. The Classified section is a separate software system, and so it requires its own log-in.

To edit an ad, you must be “in” the ad, viewing it, and logged in. Right above and slightly to the right of “Seller Details” is a link called “Product Options”. Click on it to reveal the User Options. About halfway down is “Edit Ad”.

If you decide to choose to “Delete Ad”, there is a check box right beside “Submit” that must also be checked.

Once you have finished editing your ad click submit at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Allow sufficient time for any photos you have added to upload.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #20
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamedies View Post
If you look up to the top of this thread, I posted a number of things to check. What worked for the author of this post was to do it in small steps: add some info, then go to the bottom of the ad and click on 'Submit'. Go back and add some more, submit.

She got her ad posted and sold within 24 hours. Let's see you well you can do!