Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Trouble Getting Logged on

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Last month, the 22nd if i remember correctly, I could't get logged on the forum. It didn't recognise my password. the webmaster responded twice , neither instruction helped. After 6 Emails that were ignored and 10 days later I had to re register to get on. They even had dropped my name from the list of frequent users.
Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
I have not had problems logging in, but often have to re log in three or four times an hour. I cannot manage to post 4 out of 5 threads I try to start, and occasionally I can't reply to a thread.. Most frustrating, I have many things to post, and no way to post them.

Theo
Old 02-03-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

I tried to post a thread 3x yesterday, and 2x today, without success.
63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
That makes me feel a little better.. Paranoia was setting in.

Theo
Old 02-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Mike, we had the same experience in about the same time period. I too finally re-registered which created its own problems since I was still shut out of all my previous postings. Our kindly webmaster finally merged our two identities and we are back to normal, but we don't know what happened, or how we caused it (did we??) and hope it doesn't happen again. Perplexing.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #6
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
OK, What is going on? A thread I started yesterday has vanished. This is getting annoying, as I can't manage to start threads, and get logged off four or five times a day, I see no reason for continuing to come here.

Theo
Old 02-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #7
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
OK, What is going on? A thread I started yesterday has vanished. This is getting annoying, as I can't manage to start threads, and get logged off four or five times a day, I see no reason for continuing to come here.

Theo
I am working on how are Cookies are setup. I will be posting more info later. If you please include as much info as possible if you are having issues. It doesn't work does not give me much to work on. Please include your Operating System (including service packs), browser, error rhtat you are getting and any other little details about your issues...
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #8
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
I am using Netscape, on an up to date windows 2000 pro operating system, cookies enabled over satellite internet connection with no problems occurring in the other vBulletin board I frequent.

The main issue is threads I start either will not start, will not load after I have written them, or vanish by the next time I log on. I am being logged off 60% of the times I close the window, and occasionally as I refresh a post or go view a new one.

I appreciate the difficulties of running any public access board, and thank you for your continuing efforts to make it work. I was somewhat peeved about a particularly useful information thread that I started going missing on me. I am sorry if my attitude seemed less than my usual carefree self.

Theo
Old 02-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Which thread was it?

Oftentimes threads are relocated to more appropriate forums by moderators after started. To avoid losing threads, double check the forum it's being started in for the topic. I know I've moved threads in the last week...

You can also go into your 'User Profile' section to find all your posts if they are moved or you forgot where they were posted...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #10
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Please note this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=15423

I changed quite a few settings from the vB default to more customized for our site. I hope this helps...
Old 02-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
One thing I've noticed as of late, is a problem getting into the private message..
it comes back with," Oops..404 error " .
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #12
Rivet Master

I can't get the Photos section to recognize that I am registered, although it shows me logged in by my username, and cannot therefore upload any photos.

Mark
Old 02-05-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
ORGANIC HOSTING,

I followed your advice in the thread you posted above and deleted my cookies. Then, ....I could not remember my password. It took the rest of the day before I finally remembered it. I was so used to my computer automatically signing me in each time I visited and I just never used it again. I searched my old emails for the notification of membership. Nothing.

Just thought I'd advise you that we may, just may loose some members over this deletion of their cookies. I for one, thought seriously about just saying to heck with this. There has just been too many changes the past few weeks. This is the second time, I was not recognized as a member and therefore could not post. Then, there was the issue of the exceedingly long download times there for about a week. I'm really not complaining, just trying to get you to understand that not everyone is all that computer literate, would not know to open a second browser window to follow your instructions on one window while deleting cookies in the other window. Not everyone has access to fast internet connections, etc. Each time there is a breach in service, a denial of service or a delay, you risk loosing membership. Just hope it is worth the increased security that came with the new software.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #14
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens
ORGANIC HOSTING,

I followed your advice in the thread you posted above and deleted my cookies. Then, ....I could not remember my password. It took the rest of the day before I finally remembered it. I was so used to my computer automatically signing me in each time I visited and I just never used it again. I searched my old emails for the notification of membership. Nothing.

Just thought I'd advise you that we may, just may loose some members over this deletion of their cookies. I for one, thought seriously about just saying to heck with this. There has just been too many changes the past few weeks. This is the second time, I was not recognized as a member and therefore could not post. Then, there was the issue of the exceedingly long download times there for about a week. I'm really not complaining, just trying to get you to understand that not everyone is all that computer literate, would not know to open a second browser window to follow your instructions on one window while deleting cookies in the other window. Not everyone has access to fast internet connections, etc. Each time there is a breach in service, a denial of service or a delay, you risk loosing membership. Just hope it is worth the increased security that came with the new software.
GStephens
I understand and appologize. I don't think expecting members to know their passwords to be such a tough task that it will cause members to leave? In the long run the upgrades are the only way to stay secure. I'd rather our members private information stay safe by upgrading software that has know exploits then run old software that leaves holes for personal info to be jepardized...

Please understand that it takes a lot of work to maintain this site and a little of your time might be needed here and there. I will get the bugs worked.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:47 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Just a hint..

GStephens,
I can identify with you on this issue of passwords.
FWIW,
If you search around on the internet you'll find numerous password retrieval programs available. Some will even find your "lost" password still lurking on your HD for you.
I know you must have thought of this:
Get a small notebook and, write down all of your passwords for your different accounts on the internet. It's also a great place to record your computer's programs and all of their license registration id.
As we get more involved daily with the use of the internet for on-line accounts, payments, stocks, etc. It becomes very important to be able to track this information.
  • Here's a few handy tools for this:
    1. www.Belarc.com
    This one does an entire inventory of your puter's hardware and software.
    (print this result out for safe keeping)
    It's free and safe to use~!

2. www.astonsoft.com
    Password finders~

3. http://www.alwaysfreeware.co.uk/passwords.html
    This uk website provides numerous password programs for your needs..You just need to pick the one for the job..(Most are free)

I hope this helps..

Just wanted to add this:
Thanks to OH for a yeoman's job of keeping it all together for us..
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #16
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Ok, I downloaded Firefox and can see what the issue is first hand now. I will be looking into this today.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #17
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Thanks 53FlyingCloud for the valuable information. Thanks also to Organic Hosting for this site.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote