Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Photobucket images - not for forum use

Recently the image hosting service Photobucket changed their terms of use for account holders and no longer allow embedded images to be displayed on forums. As a result the forum had many threads lose their photo documentation.

Moving forward we will disallow links to Photobucket and ask that you store your images with the posted text that they were intended to augment, here on the forum.

Forum members can store images posts and threads using the attachment option found in the advanced reply editor or in photo albums set up in individual profiles. There is no cost to store images here and this will ensure that your content is not diminished by an image hosting service changing their minds about how your content is handled. Thanks for understanding.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Yep, I gave up on Photobucket when it became so slow it was unusable. They have driven all the free accounts out.
Today I got an e-mail from them complaining that I had used images in other web sites. Yes, they're my images!
The attachment option works so much better anyway.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:13 AM   #3
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
This is sad. I understand the issues with Photobucket gouging users that have been utilizing the website for free. I pay $2/mo and have had a very good experience with them. I would hope you would reconsider.
Thx
Jeff

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:36 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
This is sad. I understand the issues with Photobucket gouging users that have been utilizing the website for free. I pay $2/mo and have had a very good experience with them. I would hope you would reconsider.
Thx
Jeff
$2 a month for what, exactly? Photobucket wants $400 per year for the honor of allowing their users to link to forums.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Many of the forum sites I frequent have place holders now where the PhotoBucket images used to be. The upload is easy to use so I don't see why anyone would want to park their pictures there. I used Picasa, and Yahoo Photos, now I only use Google. Free and no issues.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Austin , Texas
I switched to Imgur as I was not aware of the attachment option...I will start attaching photos in the future...seems way easier indeed.
David F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
$2 a month for what, exactly? Photobucket wants $400 per year for the honor of allowing their users to link to forums.
I guess I'm grandfathered in. I have been paying them $2/mo for all the pics I have stored there. Have been very good to work with. I totally understand why everyone is ticked off at them. I've seen the $400 number on other sites. I'll never pay that. I guess when they catch up with me, and want me to pay the $400, I'll be gone. This forum is the only one I visit that isn't accepting PB links. The other forums still accept pics. Not that big of a deal. Just surprised me.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Angry

So.... What your saying is the years of posts w/ pics that I've posted here are now all missing their photos ?? UGH!!!
Sometimes, I really hate the internet!!

Fulltime in 2013 and LOVING it !!
truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:45 AM   #9
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
It appears that if you were still on the free plan, the links have been cut, so the images no longer appear. My old posts are still working, but I'm paying PB.
Other forums haven't blocked PB like this one. I'm not sure why this forum took that approach. Maybe trying to punish PB? Hopefully PB will see the error of their ways, and not try to get hundreds of dollars from folks using their service. $20-$30 a year would make sense, and maybe they wouldn't lose 99% of their customers.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 AM   #10
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
I guess I'm grandfathered in. I have been paying them $2/mo for all the pics I have stored there. Have been very good to work with. I totally understand why everyone is ticked off at them. I've seen the $400 number on other sites. I'll never pay that. I guess when they catch up with me, and want me to pay the $400, I'll be gone. This forum is the only one I visit that isn't accepting PB links. The other forums still accept pics. Not that big of a deal. Just surprised me.
STORING the photos isn't the issue. LINKING those photos so others in places like this forum, IS the problem. You can store them all you want, you are just not allowed to link to them for viewing.
At this point, all the photos I stored there for the purpose of linking them from forums with attachment limits have been replaced by the "upgrade your account to view" image.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:23 AM   #11
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
STORING the photos isn't the issue. LINKING those photos so others in places like this forum, IS the problem. You can store them all you want, you are just not allowed to link to them for viewing.
At this point, all the photos I stored there for the purpose of linking them from forums with attachment limits have been replaced by the "upgrade your account to view" image.
That's exactly what I said. Only I didn't use CAPS for linking and storing? Still wondering why this forum won't allow the links that are still working? Mine are still working.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Recently the image hosting service Photobucket changed their terms of use for account holders and no longer allow embedded images to be displayed on forums. As a result the forum had many threads lose their photo documentation.

Moving forward we will disallow links to Photobucket and ask that you store your images with the posted text that they were intended to augment, here on the forum.

Forum members can store images posts and threads using the attachment option found in the advanced reply editor or in photo albums set up in individual profiles. There is no cost to store images here and this will ensure that your content is not diminished by an image hosting service changing their minds about how your content is handled. Thanks for understanding.
DO you have directions for such?!! Because attempting to post photos here has been a huge problem from Day 1.
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #13
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by PammieSue View Post
DO you have directions for such?!! Because attempting to post photos here has been a huge problem from Day 1.
Simply click "Go Advanced", enter your text in the usual area, then scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" tab. Click that, and follow the prompts to add an image from your computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lighthouse.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	548.1 KB
ID:	293949  
Old 09-03-2017, 02:13 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

When I upload images I find the amount of space available is diminishing to a point where pics will no longer be allowed. How does one increase the available space?
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #15
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
When I upload images I find the amount of space available is diminishing to a point where pics will no longer be allowed. How does one increase the available space?
If you become a supporting member, the storage limitations are generally not a further issue.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
Whilst I am disgusted with Photobucket, I hope they see that $400 is unacceptable and come to thier senses.

I do NOT agree with Airforums disabling posts with PB links, as its up to the members where or if they use PB links...

FYI, there are ways around the disabled PB place holders...
There are extensions for CHROME and FIREFOX that bypass their block...

Like this one...
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en
Keyair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I use pbase. $23 a year no advertisements no BS. I have my own web sight and I store forum content on there but pbase works for those who don't have that.

http://www.pbase.com/pricing.html

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
If you become a supporting member, the storage limitations are generally not a further issue.
I am a supporting member and have the stickers on my hangar AIR compressor outlets to prove it. Couple years worth.

(Don't understand why my avatar doesn't reflect that, however. Or, at least I was. Perhaps I've expired and didn't notice? anyway... the same situation occurred when I did see the supporting member note.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #19
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyair View Post

I do NOT agree with Airforums disabling posts with PB links, as its up to the members where or if they use PB links...
Here's a cool picture of my new toy. Don't you think it's great? What do you think of it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91540d1503876603t-everyone_else_getting_www_photobucket_com_p500_message-photobucket_-_p500.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	294014  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Now imagine an entire thread made up of those images.