Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Photo upload failure.

All of a sudden I can't post photos via the airforums AP. A sign saying "up load failure, quota exceeded" comes up.

I haven't been able to post photos via the web site for a long time.

Anyone know how to correct either of these problems?
Old 08-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Forums has been having on and off glitches for a while now. Maybe that is related.

If it said exceeded limit maybe you have posted your max number of photos allowed. That can be overcome by becoming a supporting member.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
We are aware of the on going problem and we are working to resolve the issues. Thanks for your patience.

The Site Team

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

The past few mornings…..

I have not been able to open up the forum at all.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
We are aware of the on going problem and we are working to resolve the issues. Thanks for your patience.

The Site Team
How come some members can post 10 photos at a time every day if there's a glitch?
Old 08-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Pedaler View Post
How come some members can post 10 photos at a time every day if there's a glitch?
it comes and goes. The last photos uploaded (showing on the home page..."recent uploads") are mine, and I uploaded those 48 hours ago...and it was a very slow process. I can't imagine that no one has wanted to upload a photo in the last 48 hrs, so I would guess that it hasn't been working for anyone.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Still no photo capability. Aug 20. Third day.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Same here.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
If you have a public account somewhere (I use Flickr, free, just need a Yahoo account, also free). you can post the photos there and then just link them in your posts using the 'insert image' button. It's a little cludgy to get the URL from the photo but I can tell you how to do it if anyone is interested.

2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:10 AM   #10

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I was able to post photos Tuesday night, but last hight my photo upload failed. My understanding is that that this is one of several site problems that is bring worked on.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
The way I see it....when you post to those photo saving sites the photo and attached info is separated and essentially lost to the Forums forever. Good r pics of Grandma and the kids...vacation pics, maybe. Active Airstream maintenance and restoration no.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #12
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
If you have a public account somewhere (I use Flickr, free, just need a Yahoo account, also free). you can post the photos there and then just link them in your posts using the 'insert image' button. It's a little cludgy to get the URL from the photo but I can tell you how to do it if anyone is interested.

Like Rich, I use Flickr, then link to the image. The secret is to copy the 'image address', not the URL. In Flickr, you find it by selecting 'view all sizes', bring up the size you want, right click and copy the image address. That is then pasted into the 'insert image' dialog box.

Unless you delete the Flickr images, I believe they remain, even if you leave Flickr. One of my photography friends died about 5 years ago, and her images are still there.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drathaar View Post
Like Rich, I use Flickr, then link to the image. The secret is to copy the 'image address', not the URL. In Flickr, you find it by selecting 'view all sizes', bring up the size you want, right click and copy the image address. That is then pasted into the 'insert image' dialog box.

Unless you delete the Flickr images, I believe they remain, even if you leave Flickr. One of my photography friends died about 5 years ago, and her images are still there.
The image should remain. You are just linking the image in the html for this site. You can build web pages and just point to another page's image to include it. If you delete the image then the link is broken.

Same if you upload to the airforums web site. They store the photos (according to your limit) and link the image to the storage place. If you delete the image then the post will no longer contain it. Most of the older posts no longer have the images because (I guess) people ran out of their storage allotment and deleted old ones to make room for new ones. Flickr and others give you LOTS of room, gigabytes of space.

On Flickr, you used to be able to select just the img portion but now you have to select the entire line. I paste the line into Notepad and then copy just the area between [img] and [/img], like this:
[img] https://farm1.staticflickr.com/638/2...7b7b1dd1_t.jpg [/img] (spaces added to prevent the image from loading)

You can just paste right into the message and the picture will show up.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 08-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #14
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Here's some screen shots, followed by the image.

Click on the down arrow that is shown in the first image, then right click on the size of the image you want as shown in the second image. Then click on "copy image address" to capture the address. You then click on the picture Icon in the message tools, and paste in that address.

The results are...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 12.12.42 PM.png
Views:	130
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	245890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 12.13.02 PM.png
Views:	134
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	245891  

Attached Images

Old 08-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #15
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Well, that was a bust. Something is still hinky in the system. My third screen shot is showing as an attached image, not in the message body, and my link didn't work. Razzlefrats!

Edit: I moved to my iPad, and things seem somewhat normal(ish). I couldn't even edit on my desktop. I give up...
Old 08-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Here's some screen shots, followed by the image.

Click on the down arrow that is shown in the first image, then right click on the size of the image you want as shown in the second image. Then click on "copy image address" to capture the address. You then click on the picture Icon in the message tools, and paste in that address.

The results are...
What O/S and browser are you using? I've got Windows 7 and I've tried that method in IE and Firefox, I don't get the last window where I can copy the link. I can right-click on the various sizes and then choose to copy the link. But if I paste that in the browser It asks me if I want to save or open. If I choose open, it opens my picture editing software.

I tried your method and mine, then compared the links:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/548/2...f9174f_o_d.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/548/2...4ff9174f_o.jpg

The first one asks if I want to open or download [your method]
The second one just opens the picture. [my method]

See the _d just before .jpg? I guess that means download. Maybe I have a setting that is different from yours.....somewhere.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 08-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #17
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Rich, did you open the image at the size you want? I then right click on that image to get the box with the image address.

Other than that, I can only guess it's an Apple vs Windows difference. I use Safari and FireWeasel (fox) on Apple products.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
then right click on the size of the image you want as shown in the second image. Then click on "copy image address" to capture the address.
The button you say to select is the download button for me. That presents various sizes of the image. If I left-click, it asks if I want to open or save the image. Open will start up my photo editing tool. If I right-click I can copy the link, but that link, when pasted into a browser, also tries to download the image.

However, if I can just remember to remove the _d right before .jpg, I get the correct link information.

It is a download button, so I guess it's 'working as designed'.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 08-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #19
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Rich,

Bear in mind this comment is coming from an old Windows programmer and security person.

Have you considered moving to Apple?

When I retired, I was so sick of Microsoft and Windows that I bought an Apple. For me it was the right choice.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Rich,

Bear in mind this comment is coming from an old Windows programmer and security person.

Have you considered moving to Apple?

When I retired, I was so sick of Microsoft and Windows that I bought an Apple. For me it was the right choice.
I have an Apple //e with duo disk drive and Epson dot matrix printer in the closet upstairs. Does that count? The power supply failed last time I booted up and can't find a replacement.

I've programmed Cobol on mainframes, Assembler (just a tad), something called DE-RPG, some Unix scripting, PeopleSoft and a few other things. I've made the rounds with asset management / inventory, disaster recovery, change management, service desk and other things. I must have PO'd a lot of people over the years to get those last few assignments

But I have never programmed in Windows, so I guess I have that going for me. (OK, I did do some .bat files) I've used Windows from 3.1 up to 7, now I'm retired. I still do some part time work for the company supporting a Unix application for file transfer. It gives me spending money to support the AS and gives me place to hide when the wife is vacuuming.

I don't want to switch to Apple, I'm too engrained in Winders now. Mostly I do email, this forum and shopping at Amazon. I think when they all die I'll just scrap 'em and stick with the smart phone. Maybe I'll go fishin'
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8