Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Cleveland , Georgia
Turn off your computer, TV and smart phone and neve use them again and you will avoid unwanted advertisements. Sorry, but it's the sad truth.
Krikati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasKen View Post
It is put in by the forum and can be stopped by the forum. It is truly obnoxious. There is no excuse for having this pop up every time, even if you have already accepted the "generous limited offer" (which I have).

There is no excuse for forcing members to start researching ad blockers to stop this. Just end it!
YES as My post #8 site team remove, further a lot of people are very frustrated by this pop up ad.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:33 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
What is the ad? Is it related to Airstream / RV /camping stuff or something else? Is it possible you have some malware you aren't aware of?

If it's something that recently started you might be able to go back to a restore point on your computer to get rid of it.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Howell , MI
The one I get frequently is asking if I want to subscribe to the AirForums newsletter, which I am already subscribed to. It is truly annoying.
BandLAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
If I don't stay logged in then I will get that one when I go to the website. I think you have a bout 30 seconds to log in or it pops up. Once logged in, if the box to stay logged in is selected, I don't get it again. It's probably a cookie that's being blocked or is corrupted.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 12-05-2020, 09:01 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Prescott , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
What is the ad? Is it related to Airstream / RV /camping stuff or something else? Is it possible you have some malware you aren't aware of?
My complaint, and perhaps, what the other responders are relating to, is the opportunity to sign up for the airstream daily newsletter.

It is annoying but not unique to Air Forums. I subscribe to the daily newsletter and when every I click on a link within the Airforums universe, a full page popover, asks me to sign up for the daily newsletter.

Unfortunately the opportunity to sign up, where I'm already signed up is common throughout the newsletter world.

MIke
new2trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2trailer View Post
My complaint, and perhaps, what the other responders are relating to, is the opportunity to sign up for the airstream daily newsletter.

It is annoying but not unique to Air Forums. I subscribe to the daily newsletter and when every I click on a link within the Airforums universe, a full page popover, asks me to sign up for the daily newsletter.

Unfortunately the opportunity to sign up, where I'm already signed up is common throughout the newsletter world.

MIke
Again, it's probably related to cookies. When you sign in there is a "remember me" option to check. This would keep you logged in and for me, prevents the popup. However, if you're still getting it then you may be blocking cookies or have a corrupted cookie.

Is this on a computer or the Airforum app on a phone?
Have you tried other browsers?
Have you tried logging into Airforums on another machine?
Have you cleared your browser cache?
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 12-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Prescott , Arizona
Rich, sorry about the delay, I've been out of wifi range. I only use the computer to check the site. I haven't cleared cookies recently. I have cleared them since I signed up.

Mike
new2trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2trailer View Post
Rich, sorry about the delay, I've been out of wifi range. I only use the computer to check the site. I haven't cleared cookies recently. I have cleared them since I signed up.

Mike
I have a new laptop now so I have a chance to see what happens when I log in here. I logged in with my account and still haven't seen any popups. I'm using Firefox browser (which still does the double-space when you press Enter) but no popups.

Without logging in and using the MS Edge browser (Internet Explorer) I get popup ads at the bottom of the screen that have to be "X" closed (I don't like to click on ANY ad to close it. I did that once and the "X" wasn't a browser close button, it was a virus link and really messed up my company laptop. The antivirus didn't stop it either.) At the moment, I don't see any other popups, lots of ads, no other popups.

Just to be clear, the popup people complain about is the Airstream or Airforum newsletter? I have seen it in the past but it's not showing up now, even if I don't log in. It used to but I haven't seen it in a long time.

Not as effective as it used to be, but your home WiFi router has the ability to block certain keywords in a URL. I have some entries in mine but I don't think that has any impact on popups. I've switched the new laptop to use the WiFi on my phone and still no annoying newsletter popup, just the same ones at the bottom of the screen.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8