Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Login Changes - login with email

This week as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites.
Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically CampgroundReviews.com (formerly campgroundreviews.com). In time you will be able to login to The Forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.
We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.

Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Seeing nested/looping 'Enter User Name" log-ins, on second password reset this morning where once borked the next 'Enter eMail Address' will not work, etc. etc.. And, with firefox there are (were?) red-letter insecure warnings on autofill entry areas...
Old 04-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Worked fine for me. The change makes sense.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbiteer View Post
Seeing nested/looping 'Enter User Name" log-ins, on second password reset this morning where once borked the next 'Enter eMail Address' will not work, etc. etc.. And, with firefox there are (were?) red-letter insecure warnings on autofill entry areas...
You might try clearing your cache.

The login pages here are secure (httpS) but the rest of the site is not. We store no financial info or other sensitive content here and we long ago changed login pages (where password data is passed) to meet current security standards.

The primary reason for not changing the rest of the site is that we have thousands of links in posts to offsite images and content that are not https. ALL those links would break. As the www updates it will be easier to make this change but for now we would rather retain that content then break it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	air_login.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	337927

AirForums Custom Search
Old 04-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Thumbs down

Yet another forum making it harder to enjoy.
ADV added two more screens to load just to log in. Not everyone has fast internet.

I don't use any of the stuff the user name replacement is supposed to make easier. I can't make my email address any shorter, I made my user name shorter for a reason.

Have fun
Old 04-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
Yet another forum making it harder to enjoy.
ADV added two more screens to load just to log in. Not everyone has fast internet.

I don't use any of the stuff the user name replacement is supposed to make easier. I can't make my email address any shorter, I made my user name shorter for a reason.

Have fun
You should be able to have your browser autofill the login info just as before.

One of the big issues with using your username to login is that half of the "secure" login combo is already on public display. It makes it easier to hijack an account when you already have half of the login info

AirForums Custom Search
Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Well that does not work.
OK I got the message to log in using an e mail address when attempting to access the classified section. I get locked in a loop and the message

The site says: “Restricted File” shows after each failed attempt.

Obviously I got into the Forum as i can post this tread but not the classified section.

I will say Never Mind at this point as the last attempt went through

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Well I spoke too soon.

Is there a way to access the classified section and send a message to a seller?

Entering my e mail address and password locks me into a loop requesting I do it again.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You should be able to have your browser autofill the login info just as before.

One of the big issues with using your username to login is that half of the "secure" login combo is already on public display. It makes it easier to hijack an account when you already have half of the login info
Nothing to hijack
Old 04-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
That may have fixed things. I had autofill set for my user name not email. Changed that and things worked for now

Old 04-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
Just curious if this is a recent change to the RV Live family of sites, as I have started noticing the disclaimer that the site is not a part of Airstream Corp.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:48 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Any tips on managing the new login protocol via iPhone?

I was able to log in from my desktop, change my password, etc. just fine. But I have tried every possible past and present combination of usernames and passwords on my iPhone, only to receive the same message each time "Forum is not responding". This has persisted across multiple days. I've tried "logging off" my iPhone (even though I'm not on it), re-logging in, etc. Thanks.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:52 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Have you cleared your Internet cache and deleted all cookies? You might also have to go into your Safari browser Settings/Account/etc. settings and remove any saved ID’s and passwords.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #14
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Have you cleared your Internet cache and deleted all cookies? You might also have to go into your Safari browser Settings/Account/etc. settings and remove any saved ID’s and passwords.

Peter

And... if you are still having trouble can you let us know if you are using the app or simply the mobile view of the site and a regular browser.. (also which one)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 04-26-2019, 09:15 PM   #15

Cottage Grove , Oregon
Angry Login not working at all ?

I have tried everything that can think of to login, used email and current password with no luck, re set password and no go, deleted out login form my computer and still no go. It just keeps telling me that my password or user name is incorrect ? , changed my password again after I was sent a temporary one.

What was wrong with the way it was anyway ?

So I have setup a new account, that worked but I still would like my old account back.

What to do ? that I haven't already tried .

Thanks
takingflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:21 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Sorry for your troubles.

Use the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of the page, and someone will sort this out with you. Also . . . chances are good that Janet or another admin/moderator will reply to your post here.

Some of the recent posts have suggestions about clearing cache and deleting cookies, etc., which may help, in case you have not done all of that.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:55 PM   #17
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by takingflight View Post
I have tried everything that can think of to login, used email and current password with no luck, re set password and no go, deleted out login form my computer and still no go. It just keeps telling me that my password or user name is incorrect ? , changed my password again after I was sent a temporary one.

What was wrong with the way it was anyway ?

So I have setup a new account, that worked but I still would like my old account back.

What to do ? that I haven't already tried .

Thanks

Shoot me a message if you're still having trouble. We can get your old account back up and running.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 05-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #18
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Sorry to say the change was no problem. But I have noticed for quite some time (how long is that? Months at least, maybe a year....) the Forum takes at times a long time to load and use.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:51 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
ROSWELL , Georgia
Login site

Login page won't work.Several tries and password changes won't accept site-given password.Sad to have this junk happen.
Mike & Nancy Gore WBCCI #2914 S E Camping Unit 012 Roswell,Ga.
mikesSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #20
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesSE View Post
Login page won't work.Several tries and password changes won't accept site-given password.Sad to have this junk happen.
If you are having trouble please hit the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach the help desk. This will work even if you can;t login to your account.

AirForums Custom Search