Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Be Calm, Have a Cupcake

Vintage Kin Owner
Houston , Texas
Logging In Again and Again and Again

Dear Moderator:

Although I diligently log in each time I come to AirForums, I find that often when I chase a thread my login is somehow lost. So I log in again on the thread, I read it and try to return to the Forums or Portal screen.

OOPS!!! Logged out again. Gotta log back in.

Go to another thread? Log back in again.

Yes, I checked "Keep me logged in", and this happens on all three of my computers, but only on the AirForums site, not no other forum sites, similarly hosted on the same forum software.

Whazzzup??? Am I drinking cheap wine?

Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay!

Would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?
Secguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
a) what browser are you using?
b) are you allowing cookies from airforums.com?

I am not a moderator, just a computer geek...
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
When I'm traveling and using campground wifi, I have problems with accessing the Forum more than most other websites. Often it happens at places with Tengo systems. Tengo's filtering software really screws up browsing and sometimes (no consistency) eliminates all graphics and photos. I've assumed the filters are poorly created and the Forum is particularly susceptible to their failings. Every campground we were at in California in the past 2 weeks had Tengo. At times it worked very badly, constantly dropping websites. The filters are to prevent massive up- and downloads, but are overbroad in their actions.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
We've stayed at a lot of parks where they replaced the Tengo system because of the above mentioned problems. We have that here in Flag, and it's on-off all the time. The management here had to call Tengo to get it (somewhat) going. P.I.T.B, if you ask me.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
When I went to campgrounds and found they had Tengo, I would tell them it didn't work very well any place I used it. They seemed surprised and responded that it works well. I'm sure it works better than what they had before. I'm not sure they know how well or badly it works because by the time people try to use it, the office may be closed and when people are leaving they are unlikely to stop at the office and tell them the wifi doesn't work well. They may post a review on RV Park Reviews later and say it works badly—many reviews mention bad wifi or good wifi.

It seems a fair number of campgrounds had wifi installed by local contractors who didn't know how to install it in an RV campground, or tried to get by cheap by putting in too few antennas. Most people who run campgrounds don't understand the electronics of it all and don't want to know because they have plenty to do. An exception is Forum member Lynn at his campground at Angel Fire, NM, where it works very well.

This is an evolving technology. The government has just auctioned more bandwidth that should allow better wifi, but it'll take a few years to be installed and our laptops may not be compatible with it—I'm not sure about compatibility because the newspaper stories weren't clear to me. And when you are parked next to a giant motorhome and the antenna(s) is on the far side of it, nothing is going to work very well.

I got a small high gain antenna to attach to the laptop and it works moderately well at some campgrounds, but not very well at Tengo sites. Tengo's software does not seem compatible with it either.

And, the original poster was writing about an experience at home I believe. I got it off track by writing about campgrounds where I had problems with the Forum and other websites. I do sometimes have problems with the Forum at home, but much more so on the road.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote