Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2023, 07:12 PM   #1

2019 27' Globetrotter
Holts Summit , Missouri
Lack of Response from Classified?

On Saturday, I submitted a request for a classified ad and paid the fee for a preferred listing. Here it is four days later and it is still “pending review”. I have made multiple requests through the “contact us” link and have had zero response. The last one I sent this morning was to request to cancel my ad and to refund my $100. Still no response at all. I understand that due to scammers that requests need to be vetted, but don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that the process should be relatively short especially since it took no time at all to pull the fee from my bank. Any suggestions on what to do next?
Rcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:12 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Round Rock , Texas
Have the same complaint. No issues taking money, but can not respond to emails. I’m considering disputing the charge with my credit card.
micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Micky, Rcwhite,

I would respond saying, please understand, this website is not Amazon and is moderated by folks who donate their time to make sure Airforums is the best site on the internet to discuss, buy/sell Airstreams. Both of you just joined the website on 1/20, so it would appear that you only joined to sell your trailer and not to engage in the conversations of owning an Airstream, tips/tricks/etc..

You must have not uploaded your "Don't you know, I'm Important Card" during the process of joining just to sell your trailer.

People have truly become, I need it now.

Good luck selling your trailer.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:55 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Round Rock , Texas
Paul

Thank you for your response. You are correct in assuming I only joined to sell my Airstream, at the suggestion of a member of my Airstream Club. I did not know of this site before or I would have joined. I understand the moderators are volunteers, but I feel like in 4-5 days a response could be given to an email request. I do feel I am "important" just as I feel everyone is. How long does it normally take to get an add published and a response to an email? These are legitimate questions especially when the fee has been paid.

Have a great day
Micky
micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 09:09 AM   #5

2019 27' Globetrotter
Holts Summit , Missouri
Thanks for your reply Rideair,
And I agree that I came to the forum classifieds to sell our camper, as I thought that’s what the classifieds were for. Had I known that it was intended for “members only” I would not have placed it here nor would I have paid money to do so. And nothing above excuses the lack of any kind of response from the moderators. If you advertise a service, charge for that service, do not provide that service, and then question why someone would be disappointed and questioning, I think that is an issue.

And as to your personal comments about “I’m Important Card” and “need it now”, I’ll just leave those be.
Rcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 09:26 AM   #6
Something Shiny

2017 27' International
Mosinee , Wisconsin
I'd just like to say thank you to those that have volunteered their time to run AirForum.
ProPride hitch, 1400#
2018 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:02 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
Albany , NY
You would have a lot better response if you asked an important question like what side is my gas filler door on or what color blinds do you like or should I go around a pothole or take it head on. Those questions are answered immediately.
01bambi16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:16 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Although sarcasm is quick, easy, and often my go-to also that's not helping the posters. They're trying to make sense of the forums and sell their trailer.

Hang in there and a moderator will see this and get back to you. These classifieds do work, but ocassionaly, there are hold ups and stumbling blocks.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:27 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bambi16 View Post
You would have a lot better response if you asked an important question like what side is my gas filler door on or what color blinds do you like or should I go around a pothole or take it head on. Those questions are answered immediately.

I PM’d you.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:08 PM   #10
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
The best way to reach site staff directly is to use the "contact us" link in the blue bar at the bottom every page.

Richard
Site Team
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote