Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tega Cay , South Carolina
How to search

I have been trying to search the forum for threads on Nova Sotia, Prince Edward Island and that part of Canada. Is there a secret? I have noticed that some of the members list a whole bunch of threads about topics when someone has a question, but I have not been able to find threads, just the topic word. Anyway, I am interested in making that area our next adventure and would appreciate any input.
Thnks Gloria
gghayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
I always search on Google and enter "Airstream Forums (whatever the topic is)." I haven't figured out how to do it directly on the Forum itself.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Milton , Ontario
Search...

Hi gghayes,

If you are looking for specific areas, I suggest you start at 'Quick Links', which is right above 'Log Out'.

From this drop down, select 'Member List' - 'Search Members'. Then go to 'Advanced' and go to 'State/Province'. Type in Nova Scotia, as example, then scroll down to 'Search Now'.

This should pull up people in that chosen Province.

Good Luck!
Chris
newsgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Best way to search is google. Use this trick. Enter what you want then type site:airforums.com. So if you wanted to search Nova Scotia, you type this in the google search bar:

Nova Scotia site:airforums.com

It will search for the words you enter and only return results on the airforums.com. It works great.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tega Cay , South Carolina
Thank you all for the quick replies. The Google search worked. Have not tried the quick link and member list yet.
Gloria
gghayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Just my two cents, but we visited N.S. a few years back and absolutely loved Lunenberg. It's a bit south west of Halifax.
Also Peggy's Cove. (Where many from the Titanic first landed.)
We did the loop road around the Cape Breton Highlands and it's beautiful.
Most of the interior of NS reminded me of Ohio. Sorry, nice folks but for scenery, it's the south west coast or the loop road.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
KW , Ontario
Just be careful when planning traveling distances and time. If you're not on highways, but country roads towing a trailer can take quite a bit of time. Many of the roads you won't be going faster than 40 mph. Some can be in very poor shape.

With PEI you can save a lot of time by take the bridge one way and the ferry the other. This cuts out a large driving section of a very boring stretch between the two.

The most rewarding experience of the trip is to stick to costal roads. But as I said at the beginning it takes extra time.

I've done all of it over the years. It is a great trip.

Good luck
gator.bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
BTW, there used to be a car ferry from Bar Harbor, ME, To Halifax, NS. Not sure if it's seasonal or running.
The drive through NB is pretty long, although one of my favorites was stopping to watch the tide come in. You're near the Bay Of Fundy, so the tide can be 25', and towns have bleachers and lights like a high school football game. Except instead of a field you have a mud river bed. At the appointed time, a 6" wave comes in, then another, and so on. Pretty amazing.

I don't have much luck with the search function in the forum because key words don't need to be together. So if you search for "Tire Pressure Monitors" you'll get threads about computer monitors, tire brands, and pressure cookers. (okay, maybe I overstated that a bit).
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
I agree that the Google search is best. If you include AirForums at the beginning then add what you're looking for.

If you want to use the forum search feature, enclose the search in double quotes and choose the 'show posts' option instead of 'show threads'. I've had some luck with doing that. You're going to get a LOT of results, but sometimes you can find a single post you can choose, then go to the beginning of the thread and get your answers.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote