Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Forums on the Nook HD

HI folks,

Recently acquired a Nook HD. When I go to the Airforum site, the nook says there is an app for it. But I have been unable to get the App to load on the nook. This is an Android based OS. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
mccrosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
HI folks,

Recently acquired a Nook HD. When I go to the Airforum site, the nook says there is an app for it. But I have been unable to get the App to load on the nook. This is an Android based OS. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
If memory serves, the Nook uses its own app store with a subset of available apps unless you've rooted it. It may be that the Nook app store doesn't happen to have the AIRForums app. What does it say when you try?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Hey dkb ,

I appreciatethe the response. When I google the forums, I get amessage that says "airforums wants you to view this " I click ok and I getand android error msg that indicatesthatthe folder with the app may have moved. Its refrencing a site called "social knowledge" . My options at that point are a cancel button. I hit cancel and itbrings me here ...to airforums but not formatted for Nook. Make sense to you?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #4

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
Hey dkb ,

I appreciatethe the response. When I google the forums, I get amessage that says "airforums wants you to view this " I click ok and I getand android error msg that indicatesthatthe folder with the app may have moved. Its refrencing a site called "social knowledge" . My options at that point are a cancel button. I hit cancel and itbrings me here ...to airforums but not formatted for Nook. Make sense to you?

Thanks
It sounds like it could be what I was writing about. If the Social Knowledge app is in folder /x/y/z in the regular Google Play market, but there's no /x/y/z folder in the Barnes and Noble Nook app market, it might return that sort of error. It's total supposition on my part, though. I have a regular Android phone, and an iPad and a Nexus7 Android tablet, so they all use either Google Play or iTunes, not the Nook store.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
"Social Knowledge" is the name of the company that owns Airforums, FWIW.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Ok s looks like I have to wait till there is an app. I will speak with B&n about it.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Here is an approach to try. It's possible that this hole has been plugged, it once upon a time it seems you could trick the nook into letting you load other apps. Read here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/11...s-nook-tablet/

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Thanks man, I'll try that!