Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2021, 04:20 PM   #61
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I would agree that it seems better today.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:37 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Cool -- "Life is Short"

Thanks Bob.

Gonna chill on this for a couple of days.
Hopefully someone from the site admin team
will have something productive to add soon.

Enjoy this Sunday.

Make every day count.

Life is short.

Peter

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:26 AM   #63
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Another data point:

I had this pop up on Amazon yesterday. First time that's ever happened. Also it did not re-occur.

New firewall and new modem going in later today, that's sure to mess things up for at least a week .... Posting on the iPhone here we come !!!

Bob
Old 07-20-2021, 03:51 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Question

I am starting to focus on a possible cause, in the way that I use Firefox's Bookmarks folders function, and I am wondering if the following rings any bells for other FF users, or Safari and Chrome?

Firefox's Bookmarks function lets a user "Show all bookmarks" and then "Organize your bookmarks" via the Options icon on the top left. You pick an existing folder, and then add a new Bookmark within the chosen folder. After giving the new folder a dated name, I usually collect 10-12 current interesting AF threads into each new folder, and date it.

Later, I can go to this folder within FF Bookmarks, and, at the bottom of the folder's list of 10-12 Bookmarks, choose "Open all in tabs" to open the threads all at once.

What does the Airforums.com computer "see" when I request that it to open 10-12 threads all at once?

Does this request look like a "flood" or "DDOS attack" which needs to be controlled?

. . . and which maybe causes a new Cookie to be placed on my computer, telling AF forever to consider my computer an international terrorist or something like that?

. . . until I "Delete all Cookies" in the FF Tools menu, reboot the whole system, and start a new browsing session all over again?

Any bells ringing here folks?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #65
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Browser addons can often cause slow downs and assorted strange behavior. That said, I typically open more than a dozen tabs at once with no issue (chrome) other things may have changed.. your network connection how your isp handles requests, your security settings, how full your cache is etc.

To my knowledge we are not experiencing any issues.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Janet.

I updated Firefox to 90.01 this morning [by coincidence], and the problem seems better IMO.

Time will tell.

Peter

PS -- BTW Firefox is still adding extra blank lines here FWIW.
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48...ts-182555.html
Old 07-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Bottom line?

The bottom line is that I can live with slower loading of everything, if evil-doers [IMO] like this are being blocked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Yup . . . you read that correctly!

The main headline at adthrive.com is:

"Get the highest possible income for every pageview."

https://www.adthrive.com/ [hot link in blue]

"We put publishers and their businesses first, delivering the highest RPMs, now and into the future."
[red emphasis added above]
. . .

"When you lie down with dogs, don't complain when you wake up with fleas!"

"Over and out" on this issue.

Peter
Old 07-20-2021, 04:06 PM   #68
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

While I don't do the "lots open at once" quite the same way, I do have a routine that can result in 20 or 30 windows being open, all pointing to threads on Air Forums and all ( I assume ) getting ad feeds the whole time.

I did switch over to the phone hotspot for a while. Same issues there. It's not Comcast and it's not some numb thumb firewall rule.

Bob
Old 07-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Browser addons can often cause slow downs and assorted strange behavior. That said, I typically open more than a dozen tabs at once with no issue (chrome) other things may have changed.. your network connection how your isp handles requests, your security settings, how full your cache is etc.

To my knowledge we are not experiencing any issues.
Thanks again, Janet, for that recent update. I am wondering if the following recently-revived older thread is raising any issues to be resolved with the AF forum software's "security risk" parameters?
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f13...te-220555.html

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #70
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks Janet.

I updated Firefox to 90.01 this morning [by coincidence], and the problem seems better IMO.

Time will tell.

Peter

I believe we have this issue finally resolved. Please post up if you are still having trouble and thanks so much for the detailed info you've all provided.

The underlying issue appeared to be the way mozillas recent browser updates changed the rendering of some images. We've remove the problem file format from our graphics and hope this arcane issue has been resolved.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:25 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I believe we have this issue finally resolved. Please post up if you are still having trouble and thanks so much for the detailed info you've all provided.

The underlying issue appeared to be the way mozillas recent browser updates changed the rendering of some images. We've remove the problem file format from our graphics and hope this arcane issue has been resolved.
Thanks for the update, Janet. Yes Firefox 90.0.2 seems to be running normally, and the AF log-in page here opened just fine. It is reassuring that you found something amiss to tweak . . .

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
. . .
While I don't do the "lots open at once" quite the same way, I do have a routine that can result in 20 or 30 windows being open, all pointing to threads on Air Forums and all ( I assume ) getting ad feeds the whole time.

I did switch over to the phone hotspot for a while. Same issues there. It's not Comcast and it's not some numb thumb firewall rule.
. . .
Bob, does everything there seem "back to normal" for you?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-28-2021, 08:12 AM   #72
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I haven't seen much since 9 pm yesterday. If this is now the "weird stuff" thread, Safari pitched up flag mid day yesterday about the SSL certificate here. Seems it was not part of a trusted chain. ( They don't trust CloudFront or Fortinet issued / signed certs). Come back in 30 minutes and the problem is gone.

(Cautionary note: the firewall here could be responsible for the "Fortinet" part of that ....).

Graphics and Safari "nonsense" could easily be what was going on here. I don't use Mozilla.

Bob
Old 07-28-2021, 10:29 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Thanks Bob.

Peter
Old 07-29-2021, 06:54 AM   #74
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Yesterday I got a couple of reload stalls. I'd say that Safari is still not completely happy with everything.

Bob