Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Bugs in the Clubs and Groups Forum

For those of you that haven’t explored this part of the Forum yet, there’s a forum here on the site that was designed for individual clubs, both formal (like WBCCI units) and informal (like the Georgia Airstream Campers). Here’s the link: Groups This sub-forum is designed to be an area where these groups can get together and plan upcoming events and generally cavort about areas that interest them. I’ve encountered several problems over the last week after trying to join one of the groups. Here’s a couple of details for the backroom gurus to think about.

1) I joined the Georgia Airstream Campers group last week. After joining, and AlanSD approving my membership in this rather august group , I was only able to view the “discussions” and “events” area. For some reason, I was not able to get to the group “website” area. Thankfully, Janet intervened and I can now see the group website.

2)I had always been under the impression that there was a link somewhere that allowed members of the group to view the fellow members of the group. Essentially a simple list of all group members. I couldn’t find this link, but AlanSD sent me a link to that list. Here she be: Members Does anybody know where to find this link in the forum??

3)My understanding from some distant memory is that only members of a particular group can access that group forum. For example, I should only be able to see the discussions, webpages and events of the Georgia Airstream Campers (and not other groups in that forum). Turns out I am able to access many of the groups “private” areas here on Airforums (though not all of them). By way of example, I can see all of the pages for the “Air Midwest” group, but only some of the others.

Just a few observations in case any of this matters.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I went looking, some I can get in , most actually, and some, mostly the WBCCI groups I needed to be authorized. I don't know if it is a bug as much as it is the way the group was set up as restricted or not.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Carol, are you a member of any of these groups? Just curious as that may make a difference for the software gurus.

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Nova

Carol is approved to enter our NOVA group. Guess we will await mods to answer the questions. I just thought it was because some of the other groups are not restricted. NOVA has an approval process to enter the area.

Jim and Susan, when I click on the Forums tab at the top menu bar, my private groups show up at the top of the list of Forums areas.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Can I view?

yes SO Cal and not a member
no Oregon WBCCI and not a member
there is no discussion link to click for Nova so?? and yes a member
yes NorthWest Streamers, and not a member
yes Nor Cal and not a member
no New England WBCCI and not a member
there is no discussion link for Mash and not a member
yes Heart of Texas WBCCI and not a member
yes Georgia Weekend though no posts and not a member
yes Georgia Airstreamers and not a member
no to 4CU WBCCI and not a member
yes to Florida unit WBCCI and not a member
yes to Air Midwest and not a member

I would say there is nothing wrong with the features and there are groups that are open to forum members for viewing and those that have specified to be closed to non-members.

photography
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
same

Yep, me too. Same results, Carol. When you click on the forums page in the menu does the NOVA thread show up for you in the PRIVATE forums area? I think if you have joined a group they show up there. I am part of NOVA and also GAC and they both have popped up there.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yup, NOVA shows up on top on the forums page for me. What was most disturbing to me is posting on the public thread and thinking it was in the private forum. I triplecheck now. Good thing I didn't say anything incriminating. I did however yabber on.

photography
Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Private forums and the clubs and groups feature are two entirely separate systems.

The private forums were set up primarily for wbcci groups who needed a space to do business that was not appropriate for public participation. To join a private forum you have to request to join. You can do this in your usercp by clicking on group memberships. Click the button next to the group you want to join. THEN SCROLL DOWN and click Join Group. The forum leader who serves as a gate keeper must approve your request.

The new camping groups do not currently support discussions but do have some features including bulk messaging capability for rally notifications. As this feature is expanded in the coming months, it should include messaging features and some other options. To join a camping group, click on Clubs and Groups in your usercp and join any groups you want to. Joining is instant (there are no joining restrictions). The camping groups are intended as another way for forum members to get together and communicate. Rally discussions and calendar listings can be prefixed or tagged with labels for these groups to make them easy to find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	groups.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	95475  

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
If I click on clubs and groups on the top of the page I get list of clubs and groups http://www.airforums.com/forums/club...s/list-by-name which is a different list of clubs and groups than if I use the link on the left column of clubs and groups in user cp http://www.airforums.com/forums/groups/ which are all and only air camping groups the list on top incorporates some of the WBCCI groups as well.

And the group memberships on the left under cp http://www.airforums.com/forums/prof...editusergroups is an entirely different make-up of groups WBCCI but not NOVA private forum, maybe because it hasn't an approved charter yet??

So to recap there are two separate listings of camping groups and some are on both of those lists and some are not and there is one list of private memberships but all the private memberships are not on that list and some of the private memberships are on one of the other lists as well. I think. ???

photography