Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Rivet Become an Airstream Author

As our community has grown we continue to evolve to meet the needs of our members. We have been thinking about ways to enable members to share some of the great knowledge they have gathered in a more formal manner (then discussions in the forums) and we are proud to release our AIR Article system. This system is currently in Beta (test) mode until we can work all the bugs out and figure out the best way to intergrate it into our community.

Current Article Topics (more coming soon)
  • Restoration Articles
  • Trips, Rallies & Camping
  • Member of the Week
  • Getting Started (Beginers Guides)

Cool News! How can I help?

There are two ways you can help us with the AIR Article section. The first is to become a regular contributor and the second is to just submit a single article to be posted.

1. Become an Author (more then one article)
We are looking for people who can contribute on a regular basis. The minimum is one article per quarter but if you want to post more articles, great! This can be a great way to post formal updates about your restoration project (submitting articles on each phase as your progress) or to document a summer of traveling (writing articles on different locations and things you learned along the way).

2. Submit a single Article
If you would like to write a single article about your restoration project, a rally you attended, a great trip you took, or a how-to guide we would be delighted to post it for you. Since the system is a little bit tricky to learn we have setup an account called AIR Editor which we can use to post your article. We will credit you at the top of the article with a link to your profile here on the forums.

Sounds great, how do I start?

In order to get going you need to determine which way you desire to participate. Would you like to be a regular contributing Author or just submit a single article. Once you know just use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and select "I am interested in contributing articles" and we will send you the information need to move forward.

Click image for larger version

Name:	airartic screen.png
Views:	886
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	52279
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
This sounds great, how can I help?
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowood View Post
This sounds great, how can I help?
I'll pass along your interest to Janet - might take a couple-three days for her to respond. Thanks!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
I contacted Janet last year with being interested but since then I had been going back to college. I now have my schedule pretty much back under controll and would like to contribute as well. Let me know what subjuects you're needing and I can start putting an article together.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream310
Lilburn , Georgia
I am an ASE Certified Master Car and Heavy Truck Technician with 40 years in the mechanical trade. I have military, OTR, industrial, and motor home experience.

I am currently working on an Airstream 310 series converting it over to a fuel injected gasoline 383 engine from an Isuzu 6 BD series diesel. I am outlining the process with photos and technical details. The process will be documented from start to finish with special emphasis on engine tuning and transmission shift scheduling. The end result of this conversion is to permit a gasoline conversion from diesel and keep the primary attributes of the diesel such as fuel economy and good mid range torque for pulling.

If this is something that your readers would be interested in please let me know.

Also, I am trying without success to find a source for an Airstream Coach service and wiring manual. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Larry D.Owens, Jr.
DubleDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
I just wanted to post a big THANK YOU to all the people who have contributed articles to the Airstream Central article archives. We have over 30 high quality articles so far. The articles span a broad range of topics:Many of the articles help new Airstream owners or those about to face a similar project. It's very kind of you all to submit your knowledge to help the rest of the Airstream community. If would like to help expand our knowledge base on AirstreamCentral.com please let us know and we can get you setup as an author.

Thanks again to all those who have contributed. Together we continue to create the best Airstream resources on the internet!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Tech Source

2006 22' International CCD
Pleasant Shade , Tennessee
New Article 2010

Andy,

I sent in a request to be an author about two weeks prior and have had no word as yet. As a computer professional by trade I was going to write about computer use on the road and provide some feed back to users on some common issues. My wife and I are both working on our MBA's at this time and are both Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) who both work for a local (Nashville) medical center in the computer field. We have found that many AS owners are using computers while on the road and we are often asked to help others when they learn of our ability. We felt that between the two of us the AIR articles writing might be a good way to share the knowledge while building our public writing abilities; if interested please let me know.

Thanks,
Michael & Janna Yeargin
Old 02-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Very cool and thanks for offering. Sending you a note about the registration process....

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote