Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
App not editing Read from Unread

Asking for help.

Got new Android phone. Loaded the App and got signed on. This is a slightly newer version of the app than in my old phone. In this version of the App in the Settings section the option to gray out previously Read posts is no longer an option.

How are you guys managing only reading previously unread posts. Seems when I go to subscribed threads they are all still bolded whether I've read them or not.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Here is be a screenshot of the old option.Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1566963960303.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	350658

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
I am replying to myself with the answer but just in case it's helpful for anybody.

I had deleted and reinstalled the AirForum app on my old phone, my new phone, my tablet and the desktop computer. I did this so that I knew I had the newest version of the app on all my devices and they would run the same.

With the newest version installed when I used the app on my tablet I noticed a thin blue line along the left edge of each of the posts I had not read yet.

When I looked very closely at my new phone and slightly used my finger to move the screen ever so slightly to the right I also saw a thin blue line next to the posts that have not yet been read.

End result: My new cell phone is a Samsung 9 and it has a curved edge screen versus a flat screen. My old phone is a flat screen. The curved edge screen makes it a little harder to get the glass to adhere on the very edges of the phone AND the curved edge is cutting off the very thin blue line on the left edge of my forum screen to show me that a new thread has a new new post.

Tada, not going crazy after all, problem solved thread closed :-)

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote