Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2022, 08:46 AM   #1

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Currently Looking...
Thomasville , North Carolina
Airstream changed price agreement

I wanted to know if this issue was experienced by any one ordering ,and signing a price agreement for a new Airstream to be built. I put down a deposit and signed an agreement for the price. Now that my airstream is nearly completed, the dealership is demanding I pay a higher amount. Oh, and they are almost 7 months longer that the original delivery date
I’m so frustrated,
PBSad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 08:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
That wasn't the way our agreement went. Don't blame you for the frustration.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:53 AM   #3

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Currently Looking...
Can you please let me know the dealership where you ordered your airstream?
Old 08-14-2022, 08:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
We put down a deposit and ordered two new Airstreams from Colonial Airstream, one in 2017 and one in 2022. Both agreements were honored at the price on the agreement.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 08:54 AM   #5

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Currently Looking...
Thank you so much for the information. I greatly appreciate it
Old 08-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż , California

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSad View Post
Thank you so much for the information. I greatly appreciate it

Call AS corporate if the dealer will not honor the price.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:04 AM   #7

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Currently Looking...
I will be calling them 1st thing Monday morning when their offices are open. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2022, 10:40 AM   #8
Rus
1 Rivet Member

1996 21' Sovereign
Winston-Salem , North Carolina
Quote:
I wanted to know if this issue was experienced by any one ordering ,and signing a price agreement for a new Airstream to be built. I put down a deposit and signed an agreement for the price. Now that my airstream is nearly completed, the dealership is demanding I pay a higher amount. Oh, and they are almost 7 months longer that the original delivery date
I’m so frustrated,
If it is the A/S dealer near you, it may be that it was bought out late 2022. Out of Doors Mart is no more and RV One (I think it is - better not fully trust my memory on this). Perhaps they are requesting more. Is that the case?
Rus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Lilburn , Georgia
I put down the deposit and signed the price agreement Sept, 2021. It was an Airstream Dealership in Idaho If they are affiliated with RV One, I am not aware of that.
JanyAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:44 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Some people have posted having to pay more when they got a newer model year then they originally ordered.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2022 19' Bambi
Columbus , Indiana
Price

We ordered a 2022 in Sept of last August. Picked up our 2023 last week no price change
Bambisafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 03:36 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Kildeer , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanyAir View Post
I put down the deposit and signed the price agreement Sept, 2021. It was an Airstream Dealership in Idaho If they are affiliated with RV One, I am not aware of that.
I think the only AS dealer in Idaho is in Boise. If that is the one, they are part of an AS dealership group in WA and Oregon. They basically have a monopoly of the PNW. They just bought the dealership in Spokane, WA with not so good reviews.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:53 PM   #13
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSad;
I will be calling them 1st thing Monday morning when their offices are open. Thank you!

What are the facts? What does your sales contract say specifically with regards to sales price, customer and seller obligations?
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Lilburn , Georgia
In September,202- I signed my agreement stating I can not publicly share the price offered to me. Also that Airstream is anticipating a price increase of 2.5% in January, 2022 However, the price includes the 2.5% increase. It clearly states “ Your Price”
$- - - , - - -.
JanyAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:34 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2021 28' Flying Cloud
Hudson , Ohio
we bought a 2021 in April of 2020 that the dealer had ordered but had not been sold. Picked up late Oct. 2020. Dealer made a lame attempt to get me accept a price increase, due to supposed price changes to them from Airstream. I laughed and wrote a check for the balance due, politely reminding them that we had a legal contract and their issue is with AS, not me. Then they said I had overpaid because I had already given them a deposit. I had to explain that they had never processed the agreed deposit and I owed the gross amount. More incompetent and inept than dishonest. They have sold out and the new owner is not an AS dealer. Unless you agreed to accept changes or some sort of "prevailing price" adjustment, just refuse any increases to the agreed price. Make certain to put your refusal in writing including the unit serial # and prominently CC your attorney and your state's AG or Consumer Affairs office.
Spike
SpikePoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 08:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2022 23' Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
So this is the pricing memo that our dealer shared with us when we purchased. They told us the price would be X if built before the next price increase or Y if after that increase (the Airstream website had already adjusted to the increased price). It seems like maybe your dealer goofed and did the opposite, quoting you the “if it gets built before” price but then changing it after. The letter language is “if it gets built before Z date, then customer can take advantage of the lower price” rather than starting with the lower price and increasing it. Our dealer was transparent, sharing the letter from Airstream. But they didn’t negotiate with us hardly at all. We got basically a percent off MSRP. We figured we couldn’t get anything better given the market at the time, and our model was being discontinued to boot. Plus with inflation as it was, who knows if we would have gotten a better deal trying to wait it out. Maybe we could have done better. I’m not sure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airstream Pricing Adjustment Letter.pdf (971.6 KB, 74 views)
hikingcamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:03 AM   #17
TTH

Kodiak , Alaska
Price honored after almost 2 year wait

Quote:
I’m so frustrated,

We had no issue on price after almost a 2 year wait for 28' Flying Cloud. ordered Dec 2019, picked it up Nov. 2021...must say though, these particular times were a challenge for everyone, we were blessed with an honest group of people.
TTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:11 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
All that matters is what your contract says, and if it was also signed by the dealership. Does it give a price? Does it mention potential increases? Does it have an expiration date, or validity period? Does it mention cancellation options? Read it thoroughly and carefully.
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:03 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Hayden , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemdd View Post
I think the only AS dealer in Idaho is in Boise. If that is the one, they are part of an AS dealership group in WA and Oregon. They basically have a monopoly of the PNW. They just bought the dealership in Spokane, WA with not so good reviews.
We recently received our 2022 Flying Cloud through the Spokane location of Airstream Adventures. We ordered it in March and the price we agreed to was honored, no questions asked.
MFFJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:52 AM   #20
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
What Al and Missy said. Period.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote