Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Denis4x4's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,112
Airforums Daily popup

Is there a reason that the airforums daily pitch pops up at least 10 times in five minutes? It's very annoying and certainly doesn't impress me enough to sign up.
__________________
If you don't go first class, your heirs will!
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
Is there a reason that the airforums daily pitch pops up at least 10 times in five minutes? It's very annoying and certainly doesn't impress me enough to sign up.
Have you turned the popup off in your control panel?

The very last item in "edit options" is "Airstream Daily Popup Toggle"
That fixed it for me. I never see at all now.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Steamy1's Avatar
 
2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
Is there a reason that the airforums daily pitch pops up at least 10 times in five minutes? It's very annoying and certainly doesn't impress me enough to sign up.
The AIRSTREAM DAILY pop-up is driving me crazy, to the point that I am loosing interest in the forum. It pops-up two to three times on EACH PAGE!!

it is doing this on all three of my computers. Pop-up blocker is turned on.

this is really a recent problem; started last month.

nothing I do seems to affect it.

any advice other than to stop visiting the forum?

thanks,
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Hittenstiehl's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,103
Images: 9
Signing in helps versus looking in, clicking the pop up blocker on the options page helps and being an annual supporting member ($20.00 a year) really helps.

Sometime when I am attempting to sign on to a laptop at home it pops up so fast and frequent I can't even get my password finished. Arrrgh!!

So glad I mostly use AirForums on my Android.
__________________

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Did either of you try my suggestion in post #2?

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
daveswenson's Avatar
 
2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Did either of you try my suggestion in post #2?

Ken
Ken,
Did you say something? I always tune you out.

Dave
__________________
Dave

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
Ken,

Did you say something? I always tune you out.



Dave

Wow...😳


OP - can you access by a smart phone or tablet? They don't show up in the app at all. If not, Ken's suggestion should work. Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,868
Images: 11
You can become a paying member and no more popups....

However, I will have to think very seriously about paying for a third year.


Brevi tempore!
__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:09 AM   #9
Rivet Master
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
Ken,
Did you say something? I always tune you out.

Dave
Naw, I didn't say a word. I did write something, though.

However, it requires being able to read in order to get anything out of it.

Ken

P.S. I can understand you ignoring my frequently lengthy posts. However this one was fairly short.
Some people like to hear themselves talk. I like to read myself write.
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
Denis4x4's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,112
It took me 20 minutes to defeat the damn pop up on my iPad so I could even sign in to go to the CP. The reason that I won't pay the $20 is, in my opinion, the heavy handed censorship by some of the mods.


Forgot to mention that even after I struggled to get through the pop ups to access my CP, the pop up blocker was already on!
__________________
If you don't go first class, your heirs will!
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:21 AM   #11
Rivet Master
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
It took me 20 minutes to defeat the damn pop up on my iPad so I could even sign in to go to the CP. The reason that I won't pay the $20 is, in my opinion, the heavy handed censorship by some of the mods.


Forgot to mention that even after I struggled to get through the pop ups to access my CP, the pop up blocker was already on!
Does that mean you are still having a problem with it?

I also have AdBlock plus installed. Maybe that's what is suppressing it for me. Although I have seen it recently when I forgot to log in.

All my stuff is Windows or Android.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #12
65th Anniversary CLIPPER
 
masseyfarm's Avatar
 
1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,308
Images: 59
Could this not be worded better? Which answer is correct?

Airstream Daily Popup Toggle
If you're having trouble with the Airstream Daily Popup showing too often, you can disable it here.
On Off
__________________
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #13
Rivet Master
 
Denis4x4's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
Could this not be worded better? Which answer is correct?

Airstream Daily Popup Toggle
If you're having trouble with the Airstream Daily Popup showing too often, you can disable it here.
On Off

I have defeated the pop up on my lap top using the On Off toggle. However, it doesn't seem to work on an iPad. I'd be curious to know if the pop up is even effective as a marketing tool.
__________________
If you don't go first class, your heirs will!
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #14
Rivet Master
 
Sphere Guy's Avatar
 
Livingston , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 586
Like me, I do not login very frequently, but do like to read the forums. So the daily popular is a royal PITA. Many times it is so quick to reload I don't get to get my name and PW in before popping back up.

Why should I have to login to read items of interest?

Other wise I just ignore the flapping lips and read between the lines for myself.
__________________
Sphere Guy
AIR 50601
Sphere Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #15
Rivet Master
 
Steamy1's Avatar
 
2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Did either of you try my suggestion in post #2?

Ken
Ken,
Are you referring to turning on the pop-up blocker on the computer using Control Panel then Internet Options?

If it is, then yes.

Now if there is a way to turn it off through the Forum site while logged in, then no. I do not see a "preferences" option on the site.

thanks,
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #16
cwf
Rivet Master
 
cwf's Avatar
 
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,395
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 2
The 'popup' happens all the time on my iPhone 6... but not on the 'application' ... not as often on the MAC... especially since I installed an application that BLOCKS some of the 'tracking' noise....
__________________
Peace and Blessings..
Channing
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #17
Rivet Master
 
Hittenstiehl's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,103
Images: 9
When used as a supporting member on an Android thru the app you stay signed in/on and the pop up never pops unless you go into a classifieds posting.
__________________

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #18
Master of Universe
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,326
I seem to remember I got some pop ups on that daily thing for a while and then they stopped. More annoying to me is all the ads I have started seeing for things I researched on various websites weeks ago—they are showing up everywhere and I will have to get an ad blocker soon.

I am a supporting member because it is easier than not being one even though, like Dennis, I think the mods are heavy handed. But I can store more photos, etc., as a supporting member. I don't know whether that makes a difference in the daily thing and I only access the Forum through my laptop. I looked at it a couple of years ago on my iPad and it took too much time to figure out how to configure it, so I decided I didn't need to check out things here on an iPad.

As to whether Ken's posts are worth hearing (I guess if I turned on Siri, I could listen to them) or reading, I do read them because I'm trying to understand the ravings of a senior citizen with a cat fetish. This kind of psychological problem has mystified professionals for decades Ken is actually quite harmless so long as his wife keeps him restrained. I do live much further away from Ken than Dave does, so I can understand Dave's anxiety.

This mostly useless post has been an effort to avoid going out on the deck and finishing painting it.

Gene
__________________
Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #19
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar

 
1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 13,519
Images: 90
You can change your account settings here to disable the popup: http://www.airforums.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions

It's the very last option. Once you have made the change, click save. This setting is only in effect when you are logged in
__________________
1964 Overlander | 2020 Mercedes GLE
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter



AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #20
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,868
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
It took me 20 minutes to defeat the damn pop up on my iPad so I could even sign in to go to the CP. The reason that I won't pay the $20 is, in my opinion, the heavy handed censorship by some of the mods.


Forgot to mention that even after I struggled to get through the pop ups to access my CP, the pop up blocker was already on!

Hmmm, that might have something to do with why I wont pay for a third year.


Brevi tempore!
__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airstream Daily popup 75Excella500 Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info 13 07-04-2016 01:53 PM
adding popup to the family tandemfish General Motorhome Topics 8 05-26-2005 08:03 PM
Duct Tape Popup fireflyinva Off Topic Forum 10 12-05-2004 05:54 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.