Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Afton
"25 Most Recent Posts"

Need help - A fairly new forum member and see "25 Most Recent Posts" when I log in on the Home page.
I usually read the new posts every day or two and there are always more than 25 new posts but I don't know how to get to the others (beyond the most recent 25).
On all the other forums I visit, there is always a "page 1, 2,3 etc to access the others beyond the first screen full to catch up to where I left off the previous "read".
Is there a easy way to access these?
bob r...
brohloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
If you click on the "New Posts" button in the blue bar near the top of the page, between "calendar" and "Search", it'll call up all the posts since your last visit.

Hope that helps...and welcome to the Forums!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:49 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Out
If you click on the "New Posts" button in the blue bar near the top of the page, between "calendar" and "Search", it'll call up all the posts since your last visit.

Hope that helps
But BE WARNED:
As is currently being discussed in another thread. You will have to review all of your "new posts since last visit" in one sitting. That is if you disconnect for any reason from the forum and try to return, you will lose the list and be saddled with the list of the new posts since you were last on with the forum.
It is a very fragile circumstance and the screen maybe can drop for various reasons. It is very frustrating if you are forced to be away from the forums for a few days or more trying to catch up. The Admin is looking into it they say.

A possibility is running searches using the date as a key. Unfortunately the forum uses the words "today" and "yesterday" in place of an actual date for the most current posts. (This changes to a date after a couple of days).
For search purposes it might be helpful if Admin would just go to a date instead of the "todaY" "yesterday" nominclature.
NOPE THAT WON'T WORK. The date is not considered part of the title line or the body of the post apparently by the search engine. SORRY

If a symbol of some sort could be defaulted into the first blank of every subject line, then a search could be run (inserting that symbol) and a chronolog of threads would be generated for some choice of time-rearward.
This symbol could be changed for each year, making for a smaller sample of search returns.(and quicker search loadings).
roadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadeo
But BE WARNED:
As is currently being discussed in another thread. You will have to review all of your "new posts since last visit" in one sitting. That is if you disconnect for any reason from the forum and try to return, you will lose the list and be saddled with the list of the new posts since you were last on with the forum.
Don't be so 'doom & gloom' roadeo! You can also use the "Quick Links" button, then "Last 24 Hours" search. These can be called up anytime and don't drop off for 24 hours. Most of the hot topics will come up and you won't miss much ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Smile You'd be gloomy too if you'd been scraping Vulkem for weeks !

Hehehehe Ms.Inside you are tickling me with your wit. It was just jest wasn't it?

What is gloom and doom about pointing out to a newcomer some of the facts of useage around here. I did not cast aspersions on this forum, I merely stated a fact that you yourself have addressed in another thread. It is my understanding that the Admin is seeking a solution to the circumstance.

your suggestion above works great in a particular limited situation. But if we have been away from the forums for a weekend for instance, (a likely occurance), or on vacation or away on business then we are not afforded any way to easily keep up with what we have missed except in one huge gulp. It is a shortcoming that certainly affects us all sooner or later.

Please don't shoot the messenger for pointing out the "bad news". I'm gloomless and doomless but not totally clueless.

roadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Her is how I handle it if I have been gone for a day to 3 week period.

I login and do a new post search.

Then instead of just clicking on the post and then going back to the search like a normally do, I do this.

Right click on the post and choose the menu option to open in a new window. This leaves the current list with all 100-400 threads intact and you can take your time reading them. Once done reading the thread/post I close the window and choose the next on on the list in the same manner By keeping the list in the window "frozen" I do not lose the posts form days ago that I have not gotten to yet.

Once I am done I do a new posts click to read the posts that have been made since I originally clicked in.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Afton
Will go for it............

Thanks for the input. Seems a little complicated but just needs getting used to ..........I follow several "Diesel Truck" forums and they all have a simple page 1, 2, 3, etc back option so guess I'm spoiled by that intuitive approach.
But hey, I'll try it...............
bob r...
brohloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:13 AM   #8
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brohloff
Thanks for the input. Seems a little complicated but just needs getting used to ..........I follow several "Diesel Truck" forums and they all have a simple page 1, 2, 3, etc back option so guess I'm spoiled by that intuitive approach.
But hey, I'll try it...............
bob r...
If you don't mind, post some links and let me see how they are doing it.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:35 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
St James City , Florida
Cant find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Hosting
I can't see how to post a new thread?I can reply but thats all. I not sure if I am not looking in the right place or what....I was able before the changes in june. Thanks tinman7
tinman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
It may be a pain to lose "new posts" (in our case because the damned LAN will disconnect from the internet so rapidly). What I reallllllly appreciate about this forum, though, is the mouseover views of posts. I take part in a couple of other forums that don't have this function -- and wind up wishing and wishing that they did! It's so nice to have that little aid in deciding what to read and what to pass up on an otherwise slow connection to the rest of the world.

Lynn
Old 11-14-2004, 03:06 PM   #11
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman7
I can't see how to post a new thread?I can reply but thats all. I not sure if I am not looking in the right place or what....I was able before the changes in june. Thanks tinman7

The function to start a thread is different. The button is outside of
the thread screen in the index. Once you are in a thread if you look
to the top left corner of the screen you will see a forum tree. If
you wish to start a thread in the same section you are in click on the
Rightmost link in the tree. If you click on the forums you will be at
the forums main page. You can surf to the appropriate forum and click
on the new thread button that is just below the google ads box.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:37 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
St James City , Florida
Thank You!
tinman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #13
1 Rivet Short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Hosting
Here's how the ScubaBoard does it.

http://scubaboard.com/forums.php

John-Boy

1975 31' Sovereign
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 'Laramie', HEMI
krowsea is offline   Reply With Quote