Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
silverhill , Alabama
My new 1977 airstream

My trip to SC to purchase my AS was a bust, just goes to show you should never buy a Airstream from someone that's not in Love with Airstreams.
Trailer was really in bad shape.
If anyone has a friend who has a good 25 foot AS for sale send me them my contact info.
Dad and Mom say's only AS people know how to keep up their AS.
Goes to show you, should always listen to them, no matter how old they are.
woody7725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Wow,
sorry to hear of this failed attempt. Recommend if and when you get another lead, ask them how much time they have spent in it last year or previous years. That should help clarify if it is being used for Airstreaming or storage. Also ask what other brands they have owned an if they seemed to be more knowledgeable about SOB or never Rv'd, this is another big indicator to walk away.
I've notice many that are bought for projects the buyer (known as short time airstream owners) have owned them long enough to wait for the right time of season to flip them. Not a common thing just seems like there is a trend.
Check around other RV dealers as well as they might have an airstream trade still on the lot that they really can't guarantee as a dealer, and don't want o invest allot into as the return would be low for them but may sell as is.

Good luck and the good news is, plenty of time until the summer season.

SL4BLLT
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #3

1974 31' Sovereign
Black Mt , North Carolina
The first Airstream Jonathan and I looked at was a mess. I didn't even get out of the car. He said it stunk really bad....the poor wasted thing
ineedair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
silverhill , Alabama
First Airstream

My first, I bought, a 1964 24 ft AS, needed a lot of work with not too much money. If I could find it today I would pay twice the amount I sold her for
I think she is sitting in some hunting camp never to move again, and believe me I have tried all leads to find her.
Owner never bought a tag for her when I sold her and I cant find her.
That was 18 years ago.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Time to move on, Woody...
Old 02-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Hartselle , Alabama
I have seen several sad case Airstreams sitting at hunting camps in Bama. My Argosy does pull duty at my hunting camp, but all of my fellow hunting club members think I'm crazy because the broom and other cleaning products are a twice daily ritual. Folks that haven't owned anything but "cracker box" campers just don't understand the love that an Airstream deserves.
yourplce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
The first AS we looked at had been inherited and the sellers knew nothing about trailers. It had been neglected and was too big of a project for me at the time.

The seller of my Safari was as inlove with the trailer as I am now. I could tell he had a really hard time letting it go, but It was very well taken care of. In fact we like to think that if Ken, the sell, saw her today he would be happy with how we have been taking care of her.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find the trailer that's just right and it's all the more gratifying when you do.
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
silverhill , Alabama
Thanks for all the threads,
If anyone knows where a 25 ft Tradewind is for sale from a AS owner
send me a note as to it's location
I put aside around 6,500.00 for the purchase so any responce would be appreciated.
Thanks
Woody7725