Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1970-79 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
My good future to finally be able to say I got mine '73 TW

Hi folks,

Well, it is my good future to finally be able to say I got mine. After about 9 months of looking and several post later I finally have a 1973 Tradewind on my property.

Now I get to say thanks to so many that answered my post giving me guidance and all the ones I read from the past. I got the Tradewind I was after,almost, with the floor plan I wanted. I didn’t get a model with a grey tank, which was my biggest compromise. I also wanted an awning for the price I paid but there was other relevant offsets that made it worth it. I did pay top dollar the previous owner would not go down from asking price. I don’t blame him there was too many people calling and getting in line behind me if I didn’t buy it. It has a nice body, newer axel, brand new tire, with the majors working. I will probably have to change out the hot water heater that wouldn’t light, a roof vent, and learn about the univolt. It did come with a weight distribution hitch and anti sway bar, blue boy, spare, levelers, strap on mirrors, covers for the tires and other such odds and ends. They also towed it 225 mile to my place in the price. This was a big deal for me because I never towed more than a tent trailer and I needed to get my van set up with brake controller, proper hitch height and auxiliary transmission cooler.

I got as good a set of instruction as I would of gotten at a dealership. He walked me through hooking up and the function of trailer. I believe he was honest and was the type of person I wanted to deal with. Actually he was a member to forums always looked but never posted. As I said in previous post I like to know that the previous owners to the AS I will be using were OK folks who had affection for the rig.

Things went like clock work. I called on a Saturday night. Took off Sunday morning to see it. Stayed overnight at a hotel and we all went to the bank when it opened on Monday. Immediately after taking care of business end of thing we took off for my place in Rogue River Oregon about 225 miles away. Arriving around 530PM. My wife did a great job whipping up some grub to go with the meat on the grill. We had a nice meal and visit and they left. We promised to get together on the coast or in each other’s neighborhoods and I think we will. So that is a what I would call a tip top transaction amongst humanoids on this blue blessed planet 3rd rock from the sun, a place called Earth. For those moment all was right with my world

Thanks to the previous owner and thanks to you all for your help and encouragement along the way. I have few things to attend to that I know of already but can use it as soon as my tow vehicle is set up. Yes, I know it was only the down payment and that I will have many more question now that I have bought and open the door to Pandora’s trailer. Tony Rogue River Oregon.
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Congratulations on the TW Tony. Hope you and the family have many good times ahead with it. Show off your new purchase with some photographs if you want some Ohhhs and Ahhhs from the gallery.

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats, sounds like you're off to a great start. My trailer came from some nice folks who got me started on the right foot, and I always enjoy it when I run into them, very nice people. It's good to know there are folks like that out there still.

Enjoy your new toy, I'm sure you'll have lots of questions as you start exploring and getting used to how it all works.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Thanks I had trouble loading them earlier. Stephanie I believe you are the one who told me about the Argosy in your neighborhood. I saw a week ago or so they dropped the price they said it was upgraded. It was 28' a little larger than I wanted. Off to the DMV Best Regards Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG9473.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	106903   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG9481.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	106904  

Name:	CIMG9514.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	106905   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG9480.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	106906  

Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Tony - first CONGRATULATIONS on your new AS. Thanks for posting pics. It looks to be in really good shape. When is your first trip???
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Well yesterday I took care of title and registration at DMV. I made an appointment to get an auxiliary transmission cooler installed. I also am having a prodigy brake controller installed for about what I can buy off Internet. I will then set up the hitch for my van. The plan is to take a short, local trip with plenty of room to get into sites. As I get older I am not full of beans like my early days when it comes to new things that have consequences if not done right. So I will ease into things. Anyway, local around here usually means a nice place. This is a beautiful country and Oregon is quite a place. Tony
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3782.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	106938  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I thought all 73s had grey tanks, guess not huh?
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote