Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Chatham , Ontario
Movie star?

So I sold our 1973 Tradewind ... and I have mixed feeling about it all!

Turns out it was bought by an individual on behalf of a Movie Production company from Toronto, that's going to use it in an upcoming production for
"Quote"
A pilot for the Syfy Network (which will air on Space in Canada), called Defiance. The story is set after decades of war with alien colonizers, on a terribly different Earth. We are using the trailer as part of a set; an item salvaged from a distant, more idyllic past. Not sure when Defiance is scheduled to air, late this year or in summer 2013.

It means the trailer will probably never see the road again, but at least I might get to see it on TV! Maybe my old rig will be famous!
Dontcha love the part about a more idyllic past?

I had suspicions, but wasn't certain until they came to pick it up with a rig and driver that cost them more that I sold the trailer to them for!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Very cool. Will keep an eye out for "Defiance". Sounds similar to Falling Skies that starts back up this summer.