Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Van Nuys , California
From Pilgrimsoul

If any of you received half completed e-mails from me yesterday, please disregard. The computer is acting like a child, and is sending things without a request to send.

Yesterday, I was laying down a bitch about having gotten hosed with this 1970 Tradewind. Since yesterday, I have made the decision not to sell it but to treat it as a long-term project.

There was not a deep cell battery included with the AS, much to my chagrin, and yesterday I purchased a new one, making it possible for my inspector to go even further with the analysis of the ASTW. Aside from major systems such LP, electrical, and HVAC which, as a matter of policy, I will not touch, there are many things that I could do short of a full scale restoration. That is something I have no interest in. I want a unit to function correctly and be exceedingly comfortable. After all, I am an old fart who does not want to spend the waning days of his life salvaging something almost as old as he is. I had hoped for turnkey, and instead I got a turkey. Well, that is done, and I don't want to push it further.

I have already received some advice concerning restoration and I thank you for it.

I am thinking seriously about replacing the Formica that surrounds the sink and stove, with a narrow slab of butcher block, which I still have from a kitchen renovation some years ago. I will be back for further advice as projects occur to me.

Bless you all and...
thanking you in advance,
David Sage
Pilgrimsoul is offline   Reply With Quote