Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1970-79 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Leavenworth , Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to RVNUTTY
Anyone here in 2004?

Hi!
Just purchased a '73 Landyacht (I think it's a Tradewind?). I've enjoyed reading all the posts today...even though they seem quite old. Hope we can get this group going again!

There's two things cosmeticly that I'd like to change in my A/S and that's the table that folds out, and the curtains! Anyone replace their curtains with success?

I am going to put a small permanent drop-leaf table in mine and probably take out that yucky table. Slide an outdoor portable one in its place.(storage space) I'm actually thinking about taking out the couch up front too, but I'm not going to make any major changes until I'm sure I'm going to keep it for awhile.

rvnutty
RVNUTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Not me. I jumped ahead to 2005. It's great.
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Anyone here in 2004?

Greetings RVNUTTY!

Quote:
There's two things cosmeticly that I'd like to change in my A/S and that's the table that folds out, and the curtains! Anyone replace their curtains with success?
There are two entrepreneurs who have been in the business of making draperies for Airstream and Argosy products for a number of years. They both advertise regularly in the Blue Beret. James P. Ambruso in Port Richey Florida is one and Fowler Interiors of Symsonia Kentucky is the other. Replacement drapes for many models may also be ordered through your neares authorized Airstream dealer or repair center. You can find James P. Ambruso on the net at:

James P. Ambruso Draperies for Airstream and Argosy Coaches

You can find contact information for Fowler Interiors in the most recent Blue Beret; or use your favorite on-line directory service for Arlene and Henry Fowler/Folwer Interiors, Symsonia, Kentucky.

Fowlers refurbished the interiors of both my Overlander and Minuet; and the quality of their work is beyond reproach. They have an excellent selection of fabrics.

There is a historical precedent for use of a free-standing dining table in Airstream travel trailers. The free-standing table disappeared sometime between 1965 and 1968. I have the credenza table in my '78 Minuet 6.0 Metre and the original drop-leaf-free-standing table in my Overlander. Each has its pluses and minuses - - in both cases, Fowlers created new, solid oak, tops for the tables as well as a new cabinet for the credenza table in the Minuet. The restored table from my Overlander is pictured below:

The table in folded form:

Good luck with your projects!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
We had an 74 Soverign and the curtains showed signs of wear. We removed them and washed them in the washer, I later found out that I should have had them dry cleaned, they did great. The elastic needed replacing which was easily accomplished, but they cleaned up nicely.
We have a friend in our club that made her own curtains, which she said that she would never do again.
For replacements the Blue Beret seems like the way to go.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Leavenworth , Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to RVNUTTY
Is the Landyacht a Tradewind? And by the way, thanks for the info on the curtains, guess I'll just leave them or pin other fabric over them cause I sure can't afford professional work....just replaced the tires! LOL Love that table....woo-hoo!!!!!
RVNUTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
A plug for James Ambruso

We ordered our front curtains from James Ambruso on a rush job they arrived quickly and perfect. Installation was a breeze and the compliments just keep on coming.
Chaplain Kent
1975 25' Trade Wind
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:39 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBKP's Overlander
Not me. I jumped ahead to 2005. It's great.
Okay, who won the election?
Terry
Old 05-24-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNUTTY
Is the Landyacht a Tradewind? And by the way, thanks for the info on the curtains, guess I'll just leave them or pin other fabric over them cause I sure can't afford professional work....just replaced the tires! LOL Love that table....woo-hoo!!!!!
The landyacht is, I believe, a trim level, roughly the same as, say an XL Ford pickup, versus an XLT, which is a little fancier. I am not completely familiar with Airstream's trim level ID's. They seem to change almost yearly. The tradewind is a 25 foot trailer, the landyacht is the trim level.
Terry