Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1970-79 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
1975 Tradewind...My 1st Airstream!

After looking everyday for 2 years on craigslist I finally found an Airstream that I could afford and wasn't in too bad of condition!

I have quite a bit of work to do. I'm not going to 'restore' it. I lack both the skill and funds to undertake such a thing. I simply want a nice RV to take my family camping. I've scoured the forums in the last 24 hours for info, but know that I will be asking a LOT of questions soon. One to start:

Where are the parts? Yes, I've seen the 'Vendor's Forum', but some of the links in there are dead (specifically the one for 'Inland RV' that sells the front door mechanism I desperately need). Other sites I've been lead to have *some* parts, but not what I'm looking for. The local Airstream dealer here in Reno went out of business...

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01124.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	553.4 KB
ID:	85810   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01125.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	85811  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01126.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	635.9 KB
ID:	85812  
onemanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Erie , Pennsylvania
Hey Congrats on the purchase.
I have a 76 same model. I have had a lot of luck with getting parts from vintagetrailersupply.com. However if you have an airstream dealer close you might be able to pick up some stuff without paying shipping and handling. You might want to take a look at your wheel wells, and sub flooring. My unit looked real good until I pulled the carpet up. The rotten sub flooring needs to be replaced or your family could fall through. The wheel wells might need a little repair work to keep vermon out. Have fun and use this forum. Lots of great info out there.
Brent
rollingbubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I also have a 75 Trade Wind. It's a great size and year Airstream.

Out-of-Doors Mart also carries a lot of vintage parts including replacement locks for this model. The door lock is pricey, but they also carry replacement parts for the lock as well.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
1975 Tradewind...My 1st Airstream!

Greetings onemanclan!

You can find the partial listing of the parts carried by Inland RV at this link.

Good lucki with your coach!

Kevin

P.S.: Remember that Airstream dealers or authorized repair centers are not likely to have their entire parts inventory listed on the web, a quick call to the parts manager will determine whether a particular part is available.
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
Congrats on your acquisition! Looks terrific! I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it. You are definitely at the right place !

Al
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #6

1975 25' Tradewind
Shingle Springs , California
Question New to Airstreams and Forums...

We recently became the owners of a 1975 Trade Wind, our first, in relatively great original shape! We're the second owners, and the trailer virtually sat unused for 35 years before we bought it. We want to use it as our fly fishing lodge on wheels, and look forward to our first trip.

My question is: I have a sleeping area side window frame, no window and no attachment pieces, that we don't need. Is there any reason to keep it, or any market for a frame with no glass? We had one broken window, which we have since replaced, leaving us with this frame. If there is a market, where should I post, and what would it be worth? We have enjoyed for weeks now reading the various postings and threads. Thank you for your help!
Susan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan S View Post

My question is: I have a sleeping area side window frame, no window and no attachment pieces, that we don't need. Is there any reason to keep it, or any market for a frame with no glass? We had one broken window, which we have since replaced, leaving us with this frame. If there is a market, where should I post, and what would it be worth? We have enjoyed for weeks now reading the various postings and threads. Thank you for your help!
Hi Susan!

Sorry, I'm not sure if there is a market or not. I posted an entire door and some extra windows I have in the Classified section and I haven't received a single reply. I would keep it if I were you. If someone needs it from you have them make an offer!

Tom
onemanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
1966 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Southern , Wisconsin
Post it in the classifieds on here...definately don't throw it out. Someone, someday will need one...
Old 03-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Cedar Park , Texas
We just got our first Airstream two weeks ago (25' 1975 Tradewind). I took the door off the compartment just to the left of the door and could not get it to secure once I locked it. There must be a trick to getting the door on, does anyone know what it is? Also, just what is behind that door?
Bassistross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassistross View Post
We just got our first Airstream two weeks ago (25' 1975 Tradewind). I took the door off the compartment just to the left of the door and could not get it to secure once I locked it. There must be a trick to getting the door on, does anyone know what it is? Also, just what is behind that door?
That door should give you access to the rear of the fridge and the associated workings that you need access to.

Also, don't be afraid to start a new thread with your questions. Tacking on to an old thread can often mean fewer responses.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Congratulations! We have a 1978 Tradewind with the double bed and dinette, and we love it.

OK, I love it. My wife kinda likes it. :/

And half the fun of owning it is scrounging for parts and laughing at stuff the PO (Previous Owner) did to it.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
McMurray , Pennsylvania
Hello fellow 75 Tradewind owners!

onemanclan your post could have been written by me! I've been looking for a long time for this one, too.

I just bought my 75 Tradewind and am starting my switch out of the interior. I'm going to stop calling it a renovation because I think my intention is different from that meaning here. I'm not taking it back to original, but changing it to mobile retail. However, I'm designing a flexible space so I can take it to Burning Man or out to Colorado as needed. But because I'm carrying goods, I need to keep my weight low. So there will be some parts I just won't need. Good to know where to post them.

Sharon
sharwest9782 is offline   Reply With Quote