Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Ambassador > 1959 - 1965 Ambassador
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1959 28' Ambassador
Summerville , South Carolina
Trying to locate 59 Ambassador blog owner

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled across an incredibly thorough and detailed blog on the restoration of a 59 Ambassador and I'd really like to get in touch with the person who's doing the restoration. I have the same model trailer and have finally begun pulling interior out in preparation for what's shaping up to be a shell off restoration/modification. My trailer is in much worse shape by the look of the photos on the blog and mine is more basic as well, no fancy option package that is. If someone knows who the owner of the blog mentioned is I'd sure like to get in touch. Anyone else interested in sharing their experience is greatly appreciated as well. I'm not on the forum much so I'm a little unfamiliar with how this all works regarding notifications.

Thanks,
James
jmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
By blog do you mean a thread here, or a blog on the Internet? Please provide more details and we can help you out with directions.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
PS - Do these search results include what you are looking for?

https://www.google.com/search?q=59+a...com&gws_rd=ssl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonk View Post
Hello everyone,

I just stumbled across an incredibly thorough and detailed blog on the restoration of a 59 Ambassador and I'd really like to get in touch with the person who's doing the restoration. I have the same model trailer and have finally begun pulling interior out in preparation for what's shaping up to be a shell off restoration/modification. My trailer is in much worse shape by the look of the photos on the blog and mine is more basic as well, no fancy option package that is. If someone knows who the owner of the blog mentioned is I'd sure like to get in touch. Anyone else interested in sharing their experience is greatly appreciated as well. I'm not on the forum much so I'm a little unfamiliar with how this all works regarding notifications.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1959 28' Ambassador
Summerville , South Carolina
Here's a link to the blog. http://1959ambassador.blogspot.com/2...chronicle.html I didn't look at the whole thing as I just stumbled across it today and didn't have time to really dive in. I don't recall any mention of airforums. I'm looking to contact the person who put this blog together. They had some modifications that made a lot of sense to me and I'd like to find out how well they worked. Namely the aluminum plate under the floor above the step and the 'L' shaped flange around the floor but I'm sure there are more.

James
jmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks.

You could try posting a comment there, and see what happens. Not sure if he is still active or will receive a notice of your comment, though, given that the blog is five years old.

Did you look carefully at the search results in my earlier post? They might actually have something from the same gentleman IMO.

He mentions stopping at a Campground in Staunton VA on his way home [under "The Beginning!"] FWIW. The trailer name is "SeeMore."

Good luck!

Peter