Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1959-69 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2020, 06:15 AM   #461
Rivet Master

1956 22' Caravanner
Don Pedro Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_13 View Post
Sign me up for the ‘67 but it will have to wait until my ‘68 Overlander is completed. [emoji4]

The first trip with the Tradewind went well. I have a dozen or so small things to work on to make it a more comfortable living space.

The Blue Ox Sway Pro weight distribution hitch was simply amazing. I tweaked its settings to and from the campground and completed a three pass run on a CAT scale since we were fully loaded for camping. It nearly restored the steer axle weight that was lost after hitching up. Both the trailer and truck rode level. The mild porpoising and sway we experienced towing on the ball only was simply gone. Pretty amazing piece of gear.
Great review on the OX...definitely on my to buy list when time appropriate .

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f11...ml#post1921527
islandtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #462
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
It is a great looking Trade Wind. So glad it worked well on its maiden voyage. 90f is hot for any fridge. I wonder of the door seals will help, and I bet an interior fan will help, and maybe better air flow in the back will help too. The standard gas absorption fridges struggle in hot, humid weather. Like you said, maybe someday there will be a fridge that works in all conditions.

Catch any fish?

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #463
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1968 26' Overlander
Detroit , Michigan
No fishing this trip. The sole purpose was testing out the trailer. Later this summer I’m spending a week in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. It will hopefully be a great week of backcountry fishing. I’ll miss the comforts of my Tradewind.

Regarding my refrigerator (warning… lots of diagnostic info to follow), the door gasket has been remolded via a heat gun and seals much better. Having now spent some time monitoring refrigerator temperatures and noting the impact of opening doors, I’m seriously considering using one to two top loaded DC units in the Overlander. It’s pretty remarkable how much warm air replaces cooled air each time the door opens. Based on specs alone, the ICECO VL74 or Isotherm BI-172 look interesting.

Regarding my Isotherm Cruise 200 not cooling as expected, I believe I’ve honed in on the issue using a multimeter, a 12VDC power supply, and noting the LED error code display in the controller. Many DC refrigerators use this same Danfoss/SECOP compressor (BD 35 or in my case the BD50). They are highly regarded as reliable and efficient. As a result there is a lot of information online to diagnose problems which has been summarized for future reference below. I'm optimistic I'll work out the bugs in mine and see years of good service.

To recap my specific issue, I noted on our shakedown trip that the refrigerator temps bounced between 43F and 50F (not food safe) and the freezer was right at 32F (dangerously soft ice cream— haha). These temperatures are much higher than when I tested the refrigerator in my driveway a few months ago, in albeit cooler conditions. A handy trick I learned while research refrigerator performance was to use a wireless weather station for homes in the trailer to not only monitor inside and outside ambient air temperatures but also place a second and third sensor in the freezer/refrigerator compartments. This permits remote temp monitoring of these areas without needing to open the doors (which allows hot air to enter the compartments and disrupts monitoring/assessment).

In fairness to my unit, the ambient exterior temps were in the 90Fs (76F inside the airstream) but these Danfoss units are reported to do fairly well even in these conditions (with fridge temps right at or just below 40F even in really warm weather). I also noted the area just under the door gaskets on the divider wall between the refrigerator and freezer was hot to touch (not burn you hot, but unexpectedly warm). This is suggestive of a condenser fan being faulty and therefore heat is not removed from the system. When this happens the working fluid (R134A) reaches the maximal amount of heat it can absorb from the food areas and cooling slows/stops. I’m assuming the evaporator plate is positioned between the freezer and refrigerator compartments in this divider wall, which is why it was hot in this specific location? (not sure about this... still learning)

Upon returning home, when I removed my refrigerator from the cabinet, I noted the compressor was running but the fan that blows air across the condenser (think of this like a car radiator) was not running. In essence, the ability of the unit to further remove heat was compromised. This explained why it would cool to the mid 40’s but no further. Interestingly, I attempted to install a larger fan (these use a typical 120mm computer fan) to verify it would resolve the issue. It worked for a bit but then the compressor wouldn’t spool up… plan foiled.

The newer Danfoss compressor units have a control board (aka controller, which is the brains/circuitry of the unit) with a built in LED to signal error codes if problems are present. Normally the LED doesn’t illuminate. After installing the new fan (and once the compressor stopped) this indicator LED would flash twice, pause, and flash twice again. I consulted the error code reference table in the manual and found out if the control board senses an electrical short in the fan (by monitoring for amp draws higher than expected) it prevents the compressor from starting as a built in safety guard from the system overheating.

In my case the test fan (rated at 0.35A rather than the 0.24A of the OEM fan) was oddly tripping this fault. After removing the fan ground, the compressor started working again. I spoke with a Master Repair Technician and they are surprised that such a slight increase in fan size would cause this since the threshold is supposedly 1 amp. So I might not be on the right track… we’ll see. I have a fan on order (SilenX IPX 76-14, $25, 120mm size, 72CFM, 1200 RPM, 0.22A, 14DBa) that matches the reported parameters of the OEM fan ($60). Hopefully that resolves my issue. If not, my controller may be bad (~$140). My other perplexing issue is that my voltage is dropping from 13 volts to 12 volts (more than expected) when the compressor turns on. I plan to bird dog the connections powering the unit and test it on AC only (which sends 24 volts to the controller, rather than 12V from my DC side).

In the interim (waiting for my replacement fan with a lower amp draw to arrive), I’ve tested the unit by simply placing a box fan behind the refrigerator with the unit removed from the cabinet and left inside the airstream. The unit cooled to 9F in the freezer and 37F fridge on thermostat setting 5 of 7 (with ambient temps kept in the 80Fs using the airstream’s AC unit).

I was honestly surprised how warm the compressor gets and the amount of heat generated during the units operation. Though, it makes sense given that’s how a fridge works… rapidly compressing the working fluid (in this case R134A) that circulate throughout the the unit and serves to absorb heat from inside the unit and transport heat out of the refrigerator via the condenser coils/fins which the fan blows across. As a result, I plan to add a small fan inside the fridge when in use to help move air around the food (promoting heat extraction). I’m also going to add a fan behind my refrigerator to help exhaust the heat produced by the unit out of the roof vent. I plan to wire these both on a switch near the fridge and turn them on when we are using the trailer, especially in warm weather. Hopefully these will optimize the functioning of my refrigerator and ensure its longevity.

For those with Danfoss/SECOP compressor based refrigerators here is a step by step process to evaluate dysfunctional units (note only do this if you are qualified, be careful, consider this for educational purposes only):

Step 1: Check your door seals, air flow around the refrigerator, try adding a fan inside, and limit the number of times you open the doors. Use an ice chest/cooler to store items that will be frequently access (drinks, etc). Listen if the compressor is turning on followed shortly by the fan.

Step 2: If you are concerned the fan/compressor are not running, remove the unit from the cabinet and feel the compressor for vibration and ensure the fan blades are spinning when the compressor is running. If not, bypass the thermostat by installing a jumper wire (a short section of wire with female blade connectors) across the T and C terminals on the controller. If the compressor and fan now runs it’s likely a bad thermostat.

Step 3: If the compressor still doesn’t run with the T/C jumper wire in place, check out the LED light in the controller (unscrew the single screw on the front of the controller and gently pull the box away from the compressor). If the LED is blinking twice, pausing, and blinking twice again disconnect the fan’s ground wire and the compressor will likely turn on. Remove the fan’s ground wire regardless of the LED indicator to ensure this isn't the problem. You can confirm the integrity of the fan by connecting it directly to a 12 volt power supply. Replace if needed.

Step 4: If the T/C jumper wire and removing the fan ground doesn’t get the compressor to run, check the electrical supply
- Turn off the AC breaker and remove the DC fuse supply power to the unit
- Unplug one of the thermostat leads at the controller
- Use a multimeter to read the DC voltage at the battery terminal
- Relocate the multimeter to the +/- terminals on the controller (leave it connected to allow continuous monitoring)
- Turn on the AC breaker or insert the DC fuse
- Compare the voltage measured at the controller to the battery terminal
- Reconnect the thermostat lead to the controller and monitor the voltage continuously before, during and after the compressor starts or attempts to start

Step 5 Interpret the above results
- If the supply is free of loose, bad, or high resistance connections the voltage before/during/after the compressor starts should remain stable (less than 0.5 volt drop and remain above 12 volts)
- If the voltage drops below 10.5 volts the controller will stop the compressor and it should produce a one flash fault code
- If the compressor starts but the voltage slowly drops below 10.5 volts the controller will cut the compressor off as well, so keep an eye on the voltage for a while

Step 6 Resolving connection issues
- Check for faulty breakers or fuses, loose or corroded screw connections, poorly made/corroded crimp connections, damaged wire, etc
- Consider connecting the fridge to a compatible (12 or 24 volt) and fully charged battery (bypassing the RV’s electrical system entirely) to rule out connection/grounding/voltage spike issues
- Verify the wire size is correct or exceeds the manufacturer’s recommendation (provided in the manual)
- Verify all electrical connections are tight and the fuses are seated and in working order
- Ensure the refrigerator is the only item on the circuit (to prevent other appliances from dropping the voltage or causing voltage spikes)

Step 7: Check the compressor windings
- On 1996 or later BD35/BD50 compressors, remove the screw in the font of the controller
- Remove the three pin connector
- Using a multimeter, measure the resistance (in ohms) between the pins, which should be approximately 1.5 to 3 ohms
- There should be no continuity between any pins and the compressor’s metal shell

Here is a summary of the LED fault codes:
- No LED illumination: thermostat is open / no power
- One LED flash, four second pause: electrical resistance problem, low batteries, power supply concerns, voltage spikes
- Two LED flashes: fan over current cutout (short in wire?)
- Three LED flashes: excessive torque required to start the compressor… common issue if you turn the unit on and off too quickly or if the refrigerant has been overfilled, last case would be a compressor rotor lock up which is uncommon with these highly reliable Danfoss compressors
- Four LED flashes: compressor motor not reaching sustained controlling speed above 1850 amp quick enough (evidently this is a really rare issue but sometimes tampered refrigerant lines can cause this error code if air is in the lines, etc). Verify the capillary tubes are not iced over causing a restriction in working fluid flow.

If the above steps do not identify a problem you may have a faulty controller. You’ll need to send it in to have it tested on a known functional unit and replaced if the same problem is replicated on a working unit in a shop.
Atomic_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #464
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Kansas City , Missouri
I had noticed on a hot day a couple of weeks ago that our Isotherm seemed a little less cool than I thought it should be. But the setting was on the low end, so I dialed it up to a higher (lower cool) setting and it was better. Yesterday, when I left a gallon jug of water in it for several hours, it did not get to hurt-your-teeth cold, but seemed cold enough. The freezer still made ice, though not as quickly as I might have liked. As I have left the countertop above the fridge unfastened and just setting in place, I pulled it up yesterday to see where I could improve on the airflow to the ceiling vent and concluded that it should be a simple matter. Tomorrow I'll stick a thermometer in the fridge and freezer compartment to see how well it is performing.
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #465
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1968 26' Overlander
Detroit , Michigan
Atomic's 1968 Tradewind Twin Renovation

Hopefully yours is in good shape, Dale.

I replaced my condenser fan and while the refrigerator was out of the galley I ran wiring for fans behind the refrigerator and inside the unit. I mounted a switch on my control panel so I can turn those on in warm weather.

On its highest setting (7 of 7) it’s now cooling to 4F in the freezer and 35F in the refrigerator compartment. Ambient temps were 83F. I’m going to back it off slowly and see what impact this has on my compartment temps.

Seems like the replacement fan corrected my issue. Hopefully it now will remain cool in higher summer temps with this plus the fan additions.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:24 AM   #466
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
1968 17' Caravel
1967 22' Safari
Leawood , Kansas
I was going to solicit opinions about what to do with my exhaust chimney for my old 2 way fridge when moving to my AC/DC fridge, but it sounds like I need to get a new plastic part from VTS and make that part of the plan. I was going to plan on a stainless steel splash and delete the plastic part. I was going to use my fridge vent to put some computer fans in the over the kitchen counter for ventilation and maybe duct some dryer aluminum 3" piping from the bathroom, but sounds like all the fridges need good airflow to their condensers. I think you and Slats' comment make that pretty clear.
docflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #467
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1968 26' Overlander
Detroit , Michigan

Jerry - I think you’d be ahead if you maximized air flow across the back side of your refrigerator. I’m learning it makes a big difference, especially during hot weather. I suspect the minimum required ventilation varies by manufacture and unit size. My large (combined 7 ft2) isotherm cruise installation instructions call for, at minimum, a 9 cm diameter hole (~10 in2). I’ve exceeded that but believe the following two data points indicate I have room to further improve operating efficiency:

At a thermostat setting of 5 of 7 and an ideal ambient temperature of 71 F, my freezer and refrigerator temperatures stabilized at 15 and 41.5, respectively.

During a separate assessment, using the same thermostat setting of 5 of 7 but a higher ambient temperatures of 80F, my freezer and refrigerator temperatures stabilized at lower temperatures of 9 and 37, respectively.

You’d expect higher internal temps at higher ambient temps, no?

The former data points were taken with the refrigerator in the cabinet and a 120mm computer fan blowing across the condenser and no rear exhaust fan (ie, relying on convection only to exhaust warm air).

The later was taken with the refrigerator removed from the cabinet and a large box fan blowing across the condenser/compressor representing maximum air flow. Admittedly, this ideal setting would be hard to replicate inside the cabinet and my wife would certainly be opposed to me leaving the fridge in the walkway for the sake of operational efficiency and science. [emoji4]

At present, to achieve the desired/food safe 9F/37F internal temps with the refrigerator in the cabinet I need to turn my thermostat to a higher setting (6 of 7) and the compressor cycles more often leading to more “wear and tear”, heat, and energy consumption. As a result I’m definitely investing more effort to ventilate heat away from the condenser/compressor.

To do so, I’m adding a fan above (not below) the area of heat production. Additionally, since I’m not concerned about fire (this is a AC/DC only unit, no propane) I plan to fill the 2” void that currently exists above my refrigerator with foam board insulation. At present, this area fills with heated air limiting my ability to exhaust it and, to a degree (perhaps negligibly), this heated air pocket conducts heat into the food storage compartment. I’m hopeful that eliminating it will further promote heated air exhausting upward via natural convection and by the 120 mm PC fan placed just above the location of the condenser and compressor.

It’s funny how restoring these old trailers leads us down so many different rabbit holes. I obviously enjoy it. [emoji4]
Old 06-21-2020, 01:54 PM   #468

1969 25' Tradewind
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Once again - thank you for such a terrific build thread. Great looking rig and so much to take away from your work.

Any news on when “Season Olie” will debut?
MiTWind69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #469
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi MiTwind69 and welcome to AirForums and Atomic_13 project thread. He started from scratch and had built a fantastic fishing palace disguised as a Trade Wind. I see you have a 69 Trade Wind. My son has a 69 Globetrotter 21', two sizes down from your trailer. I've done quite a bit of work to it. The 69s have those square corner wing windows in front. The only year of that configuration. You can spot a 69 Airstream from across the campground.

David
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
Old 06-22-2020, 09:13 PM   #470
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Brian

Sorry that you are having problems getting your Isotherm compressor fridge to cool properly. This is not what I want to here as I am fed up with the poor performance of absorption fridges and am planning to switch to compressor fridges in both my 66 Tradewind and the 95 34’ that I am building. I have confidence that you will figure it out and will have it cooling properly in no time.[emoji3]

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:34 PM   #471
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
We converted a 56 fridge from absorption to a 120vac/12vdc ISO compressor fridge. Works great. I have no idea why the ISO Cruise 200 doesn’t work as well. We got the idea from 57Vintage. I did add a couple of computer fans to exhaust the heat the compressor generates. Who knows? Hope you resolve the issue. Good luck
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:24 AM   #472
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Lawrence , Kansas
I have been thinking hard about doing this conversion. For the boondockers they have a 12-volt version.

"Converting our RV Fridge to a High Efficiency DC Compressor- 8x More Efficient! and Better Cooling!"

https://youtu.be/Yte1V3CkDrw
ttbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #473
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
1968 17' Caravel
1967 22' Safari
Leawood , Kansas
Brian-the spot blaster worked very well on the corrosion in my windows, without making a mess. I did a lot of trial and error on my worst window, and will do the rest this weekend. Probably on Friday. I'm going to pick up some walnut hull media before then. You're welcome to see how it goes, and if you want to do yours the same way, you're welcome. Jerry
Old 07-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #474
Perpetually Perplexed

Mobile Rail Bunkhouse
Farmington , MO
I am absolutely in awe of this build and your diligent documentation of it.

As someone just embarking on the restomod journey, it's terrifying and encouraging to see all that you went through. Thanks for sharing.
Krek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #475
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1968 26' Overlander
Detroit , Michigan

Man, what a busy summer. It’s been far too long since I’ve posted or even read much on airforums. As I’ve mentioned previously we set a few rigid dates to use the trailer and held ourselves to getting the Tradewind on the road. I appreciate all the recent comments about this renovation and the continued support and advice. I couldn’t have done it without this forum and the kind folks that make this place so special.

So here is an update on the trailer. After our weekend shake down trip earlier this summer we made several small additions to make the Tradewind a more livable space. For example, adding hooks to hang up hats, purses, headlamps, etc. We also added some items that we forgot to include on the pack list. I’m happy to report my refrigerator is now working as expected.

Our son asked for help moving to Ann Arbor, MI (he’s starting a mechanical engineering PhD program at U-M). We decided to make it our first long outing with the airstream. With the mid August trip to Michigan set, we we focused our efforts on learning to sew upholstery cushions and an awning.

I haven’t decided on which retractable awning I want on the trailer, so I sewed 8.5mm double flap keder awning piping to a 12’x9’ silnylon tarp (used for rain flys in the backcountry). It’s installed just like a vintage awning but only weighs 3 pounds, packs down to the size of a basketball, is very stable in wind, and cost $200 to make. I forgot to take a picture but will post one soon.

The last major item on the punch list was the upholstery. We purchased queen and California king natural latex mattress toppers (2” medium density, and 3” firm density) and cut them 0.5” longer and deeper than the final cushion dimensions. We followed the steps outlined in Sailrite’s video on how to sew a “30 minute box cushion” with a hidden #5 YKK zipper. Fabric layout was determined by Sailrite’s fabric calculator.

We sourced 25 yards of grey 50,000 double rub (Crypton Jessica Steel Chenille High Performance) upholstery fabric for $20/yd at www.fabricguru.com. In the end, we were able to complete 13 of the 15 cushions prior to heading to Michigan. We didn’t want to rush the curved corner cushions since they’ll take a different approach to sew. Overall, I’m really pleased with how they turned out. We want to add some cotton or wool batting between the foam and fabric but it looks pretty good even without it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	376936

So after packing up and checking our list twice we squeezed my family of five, our dog, and my oldest son’s belongings into our two trucks and the airstream and headed to the University of Michigan.

Views:	50
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	376935

We made it to Warren Dunes State Park late the first evening and broke camp early to relocate closer to Ann Arbor (overnighting at Bruin Lake SP) to make his move in time slot. I was glad to have a smaller trailer driving in and around the city. I had to chuckle while parking and unloading his stuff out of the trailer next to his upscale residence hall. We represented Kansas well. [emoji4]

Views:	45
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	376937

With his move in behind us the five of us headed north into the upper peninsula. We stayed 2 nights at Brimley SP and 3 nights at Baraga SP. The weather was great and with exception of two leaky valve stems (had to replace them with metal stems due to my TPMS sensors) the trailer did great.

Views:	47
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	376938

We enjoyed the flexibility of taking breaks in the trailer a few times throughout the day, avoiding COVID exposure, and even running the AC off the lithium battery bank over lunch without worry. The electrical system was exactly what I’d hoped it would be.

After spending a week exploring the U.P., hiking, cliff jumping, and watching the stars we headed south to Traverse City to see that part of the state, specifically Sleeping Bear Dunes NLS. I’ll have to admit the trip along Michigan HWY 2 and 22 was awesome. I had no idea how beautiful Michigan’s west coast is!

Views:	51
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	376943

Name:	IMG_8782.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	595.3 KB
ID:	376939

Name:	IMG_8818.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	376940

Views:	57
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	376941

The last trip segment involved getting closer to Ann Arbor to drop off my son, so we relocated to Muskegon SP for a night. We crossed the state, dropped him off and then stopped over at Indiana Dunes National Park (actually the state park within it). Day 13 involved a 600 mile return trip back to Kansas City. In total we drove 3500 miles, spent 12 nights in the trailer, and enjoyed every minute of it. I learned that 300-400 miles per drive day with a mid-late afternoon campground arrival is a lot more enjoyable than really long drive days and parking in the dark.

The F250 (6.7L) averaged 13 mpg but keep in mind we had 5 adults, plus a dog, all their associated gear and food, and an excessive amount of tools and repair items since this was our first big trip in the trailer. We’ll be able to scale down what we brought as our confidence in our renovated trailer grows.

In short, it was a treat to explore my son’s new home state in “airstream style” and while it was tight with five (plus a dog) it all worked out and some great memories were made.

Views:	75
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	376942
Old 08-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #476
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi Atomic: We've been missing you here on AirForums. What a great write up of your "maiden voyage" in that very special Trade Wind. I didn't know you can sew upholstery as well as weld, sheet metal, plumbing, electrical, woodworking, finishing and interior design as well as other skills. The cushions do look super.

Michigan, Wisconsin and my favorite Minnesota are similar in terrain and great places to visit. We have traveled the UP as well as down the lakeshore. Your son will have a great time at the UofM engineering college. It is most excellent and most difficult.

Very happy your Trade Wind worked as expected and that you enjoyed traveling with it. Now on to the Overlander? Maybe later?

13 mpg average is typical I think for the Ford 6.7. That is generally what we get towing either the Limited or the Overlander. Hills and prevailing winds will affect it significantly. Speed does also. I generally stay under 65 mph. But going over 70 will reduce the mileage significantly while towing of course. If it were a gas engine, the mileage would be 10 mpg or there about. Diesels are more efficient.

David
Old 08-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #477
4 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
1987 34' Excella
Olathe , Kansas
Very nice

Great work Brian!

Those were some good pics to go with that nice write up. The trailer looks Good with those lights on. I wish more people would write about there first trips after they finsh their trailers. Glad to see it back in your driveway though!
coloradoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:07 AM   #478
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
1968 17' Caravel
1967 22' Safari
Leawood , Kansas
Brian-Looks like you got some well earned enjoyment. Hope the fam got to ride in the cab this time. LOL. Jerry
Old 08-27-2020, 12:11 PM   #479
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Lawrence , Kansas
Camping finally.
ttbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #480
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
North Pole , Alaska
Everything looks great! No surprise your first trip was a success!
Dwwalker18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1968, frame repair, full monte, shell off, tradewind