Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
'67 Tradewind

I'll be picking up a 67 24' tradwind in a couple of weeks. I'll be towing it for several hours and wanted to do a number of things to it before leaving the sellers home.

-Repack the bearings
-grease the heck out of it
-reconfigure the wiring harness
-replace all four wheels & tires

The big thing is that the brakes are not wired up and are likely not functional. Anyone have a suggestion about trailering such a pod with a 2002 Tundra. I'm assuming I could take my time and go slow.

Couple questions for the group:

- Assuming a good skin and 60% original equipment, some updates. what is a fair market price range for a vintage trailer like this?

- I really need is a repair manual. Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks,

MH
muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 10:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your new trailer. I'll leave some of your technical questions for others to answer...but I can help you get started.
Quote:
- Assuming a good skin and 60% original equipment, some updates. what is a fair market price range for a vintage trailer like this?
You may find this vintage Airstream Price vs Condition website helpful in helping to determine a fair price. Although, you will find a range...and the ol' supply & demand rules will be in full effect!
Quote:
- I really need is a repair manual. Anyone know where I can find one?
Photo copies of the original manuals for Airstream products are available from Secretarial Services. The contact information found below is quoted from the Vintage Airstream Club web site's Frequently Asked Question Section:

Q: I need an owners and service manual for my Airstream. Where can I get one?

A: The first owners manuals were published in 1964. Prior to that, the owner received a brown envelope containing parts lists and other helpful information on the accessories in his trailer. The VAC has started making these available in the Members Archive section. A service manual with instructions for performing service operations did not exist until 1972.
You can get photocopies of owners manual (1964+) and service manuals (1972-1986) from:

Helen Davis Secretarial Services
PO Box 484 Sidney, OH 45365
(937)492-8885

Prices are about $33 and $70 respectively. After 1986 the Owners Manuals included available service information

Original manuals are also ocassionally listed on e-bay.

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote