Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1959-69 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Seeking Grayling

1963 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Question '63 Tradewind fuseblock location?

PO did and undid wires. It is hard to chase since the wires are concealed through body. Need some help. Does anyone know:
1. The white from the plug goes to be grounded?
2. Where are the AC fuses and,
3. Where are the DC fuses?
4. I have stange things under the sink near furnace that I have never seen before. They have wires going to them which have been disconnected. What are these strange things?
5. Does anyone have an on-line source for wiring schematic?
If I can find a fuse block where all of these wires congregate I think that I can chase them down and figure it out. I just can't find where that spot is. I looked under the gouchos (a term that is foreign to me but I think it means pull out bed). I've looked in all the closets. I have two outer doors about right for a loaf of bread left of the entry door but I can't get them open. Can anyone help give me an idea of where to look for the fuse blocks and grounding point for the white wire on the harness that I understand to be ground? Any help would be most appreciated.
hazelcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Hello hazelcreek,

Our 60 is different so the 63 folks will be along soon to help you out,but if you can post some photos of the suspect wiring that will make it easier to help with the wiring issues ,as many as you can of each area of need .

scott of scottanlily
scottanlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

63 Globetrotter 12 V wiring

On our 63 there is no 12V fuse panel. There is a 12v circuit breaker near the battery and another one in area where the trailer cord from the TV is connected to the coach wiring. Look for this area either in the belly skin where the trailer cord enters the Airstream body or inside near this place. It may just be a hole in the interior skin covered by another piece of interior aluminum. This is probably down low in the front.

AC "fuse panel" is a circuit breaker box in the closet. There is still a circuit diagram pasted to the wall near the breaker box.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #4
Seeking Grayling

1963 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Thanks, I found the ac breakers (2) in the rear compartment w/outside access. It is insanely hidden on the back bulkhead behind a drain pipe. Still looing for the DC. I absoulutely can't find where the trailer harness comes inside. I'm pulling the heater and battery box out today so hopefully therein will lay enlightenment. Thanks.
hazelcreek is offline   Reply With Quote