Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
bristol , Tennessee
Interior parts available

I am in the process of gutting my '63 Overlander and have several interior fixtures/fittings available now and will in the near future. Since I'm new to this forum, are there folks out there interested in these original, and mostly un-damaged parts? The responses I get back will help me decide what if any of these to preserve and unload. I can list what I have now if there is interest in this stuff. Thanks!
appdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by appdiver View Post
I am in the process of gutting my '63 Overlander and have several interior fixtures/fittings available now and will in the near future. Since I'm new to this forum, are there folks out there interested in these original, and mostly un-damaged parts? The responses I get back will help me decide what if any of these to preserve and unload. I can list what I have now if there is interest in this stuff. Thanks!
Welcome to the forums.
You can list your items in our classifieds, in the parts for sale section. They will get more traffic there, rather than a thread that will soon be buried under all the other threads in short order. Good luck with the rehab.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
Hi appdiver, am very interested in your interior 63 parts. Please check your PM, I'll gladly cover shipping etc. Let me know what you have available, I have a laundry list of little pieces and such. Much appreciated!
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
bristol , Tennessee
Ooops...

I just figured out my VIN number this afternoon (thanks to a link on this forum!) and my Overlander is a 1964, not a '63...if this new information makes any difference to those interested in parts I just wanted you to know what year it actually is...My goal is finding "good" homes for this stuff over the next few months as I make decisions about how to renovate. I will keep any/all responses and try to honor those in the order they came in...I am growing daily to respect the quality of the Airstream philosophy and for those interested in keeping them "on the road"...I'll try to get some good photos of the items that would benefit from an accurate depiction of their condition. Thanks for your interest!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
bristol , Tennessee
Interior parts available

I'm new to the forum and Airstreams...have a 1964 (not '63) Overlander that I plan to renovate over the next year or so. I'm beginning the interior removal of most furnishings/fixtures and would like to find "good" homes for the parts. Items that would be "condition" critical I will try to provide photos for and will honor requests in the order they appear as responses here. I apppreciate and respect the Airstream philosphy and those keeping their's on the road...thanks for your interest!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Good Home,yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdiver View Post
My goal is finding "good" homes
My new home would be in 6472 the Ross trailer that was on the 63-64 Round the World Caravan. Most of the fixtures in the trailer would benefilt from replacement. A lot of the metal hardware like hinges are rusty. The stove is pretty chipped. It's a 62 Ambassador.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
bristol , Tennessee
No hinges that I know of but my dirty, semi-rusty stove may be available...
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
bristol , Tennessee
Available items...

Sorry about the initial confusion about the year of my Overlander and thanks to "someone" for moving me to the right year! In my mental planning over the next weeks/months I will be getting rid of the following for sure:
-original water heater unit and outside cover
-tub/sink combo with fixtures attached
-stove/oven (MagicChef?)
-gas only (?) fridge
-front gaucho with cushions
-interior overhead and wall lights
-bath vent w/fan
-furnace with vents, etc.
-A/C unit (haven't tested-may still work)
-other small fixtures and fittings but not sure now about specifics

I will post on this part of the forum as I get stuff out and available. I will keep your inquiries in the order I get them...please don't ask for "everything" just because it would be easier for me and you...those folks with critical needs deserve what they can get even if only a piece at a time. I'm not interested in a profit...just don't want this to cost me money! We can work out shipping/delivery on a case-by-case basis...Thanks!