Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1960 - 1964 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #261
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hayward , WI - land of beer and cheese
Send a message via AIM to katzklaw Send a message via Yahoo to katzklaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
...I painted them. It is easy .... I removed the paper liner from inside, and stripped the (6 layers) old paint off, and spray-painted them Almond gloss, then reinstalled the covers...
Yah.... easy......

Ok.. now your starting to sound like my dear hubby....
Old 06-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #262
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Katkat,

Lots of color! Have fun.

Marie
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #263
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Thanks Marie! I was hoping you'd let me know what you thought!

Terry, I'm glad you answered that question because I had NO idea what Bigeasy was talking about!LOL!

I hope to recover the gaucho one day. The nice thing about the cover is I can just pull it off and wash it when the kids get it too dirty. I need some king sized pillow cases to wrap the armrests in!
katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #264
2 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
Danville , Ohio
Awesome, got myself a 63 Overlander just yesterday. Rock On!
erikjware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #265
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Erikjware ~

Way to go. The Overlander's are a nice size. Of course we want to see pictures just as soon as you can.

Congrats!!

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #266
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Pics early and often are nice, Congrats, we have grown partial to the Overlander size and layout!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #267
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Goliath is now in Louisiana! My husband was sent to Baton Rouge for work and has been staying in it. We have officially towed Goliath over the entire southeast. NOW... to work on the northeast!! We still love Goliath and me and the kids enjoyed staying in the camper over winter break.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #268
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkat
Goliath is now in Louisiana! My husband was sent to Baton Rouge for work and has been staying in it. We have officially towed Goliath over the entire southeast. NOW... to work on the northeast!! We still love Goliath and me and the kids enjoyed staying in the camper over winter break.
Did you ever get the new awning fabric installed on the EZ Awn?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #269
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Sadly NO! We keep saying we'll do it this weekend, and then we don't. WE just used the old one when we were in N.C. Down in La, the park he's at is between a levee and a river and winds come up somdenly, he hasn't even unrolled it since he's been there. I guess it's going to have to rip before we get around to it. When he comes back I am going to paint the entire inside and hopefully that will inspire him to put it on!!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #270
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Recent economic hardship has caused us to make tough decisions. We are having to sell Goliath. It breaks my heart to say his because we love him so much. We tried to avoid it and thought we might be able to but with new unexpected hardships, there's no other choice. We have so many wonderful camping memories with our children that involve him. It's come down to losing our home, or selling everything we can. I'm heartbroken. I had so many wonderful plans for him.....I Hope the next owner will love him as much as we have.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #271
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Cat, I'm very sorry to hear of your hardship. I've enjoyed reading this thread, following both Terry's work on the trailer, as well as your own. I hope you're able to recover quickly from this setback.

Also, if you haven't already sold the trailer locally, I've sent you a PM. I've been looking for an Overlander in the '58-'63 vintage, so please let me know if you're still trying to sell. I promise I'm not just an opportunistic lurker, I've been around the Forums for several months now and have been documenting my Search here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f109...too-41538.html

Good luck and best wishes on a speedy economic recovery!

Thanks,
-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #272
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Cat, I'm sorry to hear about this. I know letting Goliath go is not something you would do on a whim, it must be pretty bad up there.
I know Marcus has been looking for an Overlander for some time, maybe we should send him an adoption application...
Old 07-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #273
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Cat

I'm so very sorry for you to have to make such a heart wrenching decision. I hope and pray something else comes to the rescue so you can keep Goliath.

I know how much you and your family loved camping in him.

Thinking about you guys.

Marie
Old 07-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #274
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Thank you, we are absolutely sick about it. We held out as long as we could but we are forced to sell. We are even selling the vw. We hoped we could get through without selling him. Having spent the entire summer in Goliath last year, we have such precious memories in it. He seems like part of the family....
Old 07-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #275
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Goliath has new family!

Goliath has gone to his new owner, we are thrilled to have sold him to someone who will keep his thread going. It's always nice to sell something to someone you know will treasure it.

We have such special memories of our time camping with him. The best summer or our lives.

Thank you to all who have replied in this thread and sent PMs. Especially to Terry and Marie.

I'm signing off and turning over this thread to Marcus, I hope he makes as many wonderful memories as we have. I am determined once I finish my degree and get a job, we'll be looking for another one. We have the Airstream bug.

By the way, Terry, I sent along Goliath's pet. We named him Floyd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bye goliath.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	64498   Click image for larger version

Name:	floyd.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	64499  

Old 07-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #276
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am very certain the new owner will make you very proud. He has been looking for a long time and has passed up many trailers because he was looking for the right one.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #277
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Thanks Cat, it was great meeting your husband, and many thanks to him for meeting me partway.

The tow back to Austin was perfect and uneventful, unless you count the numerous looks of appreciation on the highway (and a couple of out-the-window thumbs-up) and the two strangers who approached me at pitstops just to talk about the trailer.

I look forward to continuing the saga of this great trailer, and I have no doubt that I'll be looking to the Forum repeatedly for expertise and advice.

-Marcus
Old 07-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #278
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
I am thrilled that you got home safe and that he has gone to someone who appreciates him.

Get used to being approached by people who want to talk about him. I always was shocked by those who asked to go inside. I wondered if I showed up on their front door, if they'd let me walk around in their house? LOL

Best wishes!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #279
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Marcus,

Congratulations on your aquiring Goliath, and Floyd too. I hope he gives you as much fun and enjoyment as he did for us and for Kit Kats family.

Kat Kat, I know you will have another one some day, aluminitis is not curable, and must be treated wit A/S's quickly. Let us know when you are ready and all of us will help you find one.

Marie
Old 07-27-2008, 06:23 AM   #280
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Thanks Cat and Marie!

He's a really neat trailer. I've been waiting all night for it to get light again so I could go back out and admire him once again!

Tags
1963, 1963 overlander