In the Axle thread a while back I got a lot of help in finding wheel bearing parts to fix up my bearings before going on a trip.
At the time the mechanics were packing the bearings they informed me that both top leafs of the axle springs were broken and proceeded to show them to me. Sure enough they were both broken. When I got back from my trip I decided to see about getting them fixed.
I took the Pacer to Dunbar Spring in Phoenix and they looked at them and said yes, they could replace the top springs and up size them as requested.
To make a long story short, when the springs were removed to make the repair they discovered that the under springs were rusted and beyond use. (I frequently drive through creeks and rivers )
They then manufactured new springs, shackles, U-bolts and bushings for the Pacer. I am quite happy with the outcome. The spring thickness was up-sized to meet the projected load requirements based on the information I gave them.
See the pictures below. Unfortunately I did not take before pictures but trust me both shackles were resting on the underside of the frame.