RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Old

Almost finished fixing taillights

Posted 06-04-2012 at 07:21 AM by motrbungalow
Updated 06-08-2012 at 07:42 AM by motrbungalow

The taillights on our Bambi II were a real, rusty mess. I removed the entire assembly including the backing plate. I used JB Weld as a filler to patch the wholes in the backing plates caused by the rust. I painted the backing plates with POR-15. One of the old light sockets was completely caked with rust so I sawed it off and mounted a new light socket again using JB Weld. Now I just need to figure out what kind of glue to use to fill the small crack in the lens, make rubber gaskets from bicycle...
1 Rivet Member
Views 970 Comments 0 motrbungalow is offline
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.