Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old

Old axle removed

Posted 06-08-2012 at 06:31 AM by motrbungalow
Tags 1964, axle, bambi

Yesterday a couple friends and I removed the old axle. It's good to have friends ... and a torch ... and a breaker bar. The job took a couple of hours. A couple of the bolts were pretty stubborn, but the others weren't too bad. After the job was done we celebrated with steaks on the grill and a bottle of Stag's Leap cabernet. Turned out to be an evening to remember! Now I just need the new axle!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old_axle.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	3515  
1 Rivet Member
Old

1964 Bambi II purchase

Posted 05-27-2012 at 12:54 PM by motrbungalow

My parents called me one evening and told me that a small Airstream was for sale just down the road from them. They asked if I wanted it. I said I was certainly interested and would call them back after talking it over with my wife. The next day my mother called and asked, "Well do you want this thing or not?!" I told her we did. I called the owner and told him I would take it. I agreed to pay his asking price and he agreed to tow it 1,000 miles north for me to pick up.
1 Rivet Member
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.