Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

1. Old Comment

Water Tank

I notice you have an Argosy. If it is like mine the fresh water fill is located on the front left side. It's kind of like a crude funnel with a locking door. On my trailer I thought the tank was leaking. It's not. If you fill the tank and slop any water out of the funnel, it will run down behind the skin and into the belly pan. It takes days for a couple of cups of water to drip out. The other thing is if you run down the road with a full tank, it sloshes up the fill tube and runs in behind the skin as well. Before you start tearing things apart, give it some time to dry out.
  2. Old Comment

Fridge Flue Help?

Just a point of interest the flame for the fridge is very tiny. Larger older coaches have a catalytic LP heater on the counter side near the door, no vent. Some LP fireplaces in homes are ventless, ergo all fumes go into the home. All other trailers, motor homes have the fridge 6 inches from the wall and just the top vent cap, is the wall sealed, nope, fridge slides in and out, we at least have a tight fitting plastic channel. Don't worry be happy or get a co detector they're cheap.
  3. Old Comment

Fridge Flue Help?

Insane or not, that's the design. Clearly, the safety of this design relies on the inside of the vent being at a slightly lower pressure than the exterior, which is the case so long as there are no gaping holes, or adverse winds.

The actual size of the flame in the burner is quite small and the combustion air comes from outside, so the risks are small.
  4. Old Comment

Fridge Flue Help?

So to confirm...There is no pipe behind the plastic shroud? That's insane!
  5. Old Comment

Fridge Flue Help?

We have just gutted our 1966 overlander and I have a full plastic fridge vent for sale - interested?
  6. Old Comment

Fridge Flue Help?

Flue to the top

Unless the plastic inside wall channel is broken the heated burned gas will rise out the top (chimney effect) since the bottom is open to the road, (should have a screen covering it).
    I installed a co meter in my Argosy just to be safe with the furnace and hot water heater that burns a lot more LP than the fridge when on. Sometimes when hooking up and letting my TV run I'll get 38 to 140 on the meter, fumes coming in the front, meter on the back wall, that surprised me.
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.