Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs > Adventures of Phantom & Bunny
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Winter Travel, full-time streaming
Vol. 1 - Florida & Southeast 11/08
Vol. 2 - the Southwest 11/09
Vol. 3 - The Southeast v.2 11/10
Vol. 4 - Southeast v.3 11/11
Vol. 5 - Southeast v.4 11/12
  1. Old Comment

Day 60, Camp 25 - BLM Land, Alamogordo, NM

Photo album address

PHOTO ALBUM ADDRESS USED TO BE:

https://www.picasaweb.google.com/phantom49

now it gives me:
    https://www.picasaweb.google.com/home

but that seems to work as well.
    The link takes me to my pictures.
  2. Old Comment

Day 60, Camp 25 - BLM Land, Alamogordo, NM

Unfortunately your link to the photos goes to the generic picasaweb site. Where would your pictures be?
  3. Old Comment

Day 25, Camp 12 - Padre Island National Seashore, Padre Island, TX.

Somehow we missed you. We were camped up at the area just past the visitors' center with our Cloud sandwiched between 2 5th-wheels. And now we know why we didn't get any sun that weekend so we could ride our bikes! Hugh & Sandy
  4. Old Comment

Day 35, Camp 16 - KC's QuickMart & RV Park, Alpine, TX

Great blog

Great blog -- thanks for posting.

Have a great time in Big Bend. We'll be watching closely and hope to be a few months behind you.
  5. Old Comment

Day 35, Camp 16 - KC's QuickMart & RV Park, Alpine, TX

Hope you stocked up on goodies in Alpine before going to the Big Bend! BiBe is a wonderful National Park--be sure to take advantage of any Park Ranger programs that are available--very knowledgeable staff. Some of our favorite hikes are Santa Elena Canyon, Cattail Falls and Chisos Mountains. You will see many old Airstreams around Terlingua and there is a Mall there
    Victoria
  6. Old Comment

Day 31, Camp 14 - Amistad National Recreation Area, Del Rio, TX

We have been watching you and enjoying riding along with you. Padre really gets old in the fog. We have taken your trip before and plan on leaving out in late Jan. for the south west again.
    Fog and rain still beat our snow and ice in NW Ohio. Hope your headed to Big Bend that was in our plan this year.
    Be safe and keep blogging along we will be watching.
    Thanks,
    Ray & Barb
  7. Old Comment

Day 31, Camp 14 - Amistad National Recreation Area, Del Rio, TX

Great Blog

Enjoy reading your Blog, I too have a 19' Bambi and have been traveling with it, Several Trips to New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah and Wyoming. I live in Austin, Texas. My TV is a Jeep Commander with a 4.7l engine, I average around 14 mpg. Thanks for your Blog you have given me several camp ground choices here in Texas I have not been to yet.
  8. Old Comment

Day 22, Camp 11 - Aransas National Wildlife Refuge / Austwell City Park, Austwell, TX

Great pictures, we would recomend boondocking at surfside beach. Its wonderful, that is we we go and we camp for free and its beautiful.
    Posted 12-17-2009 at 08:37 PM by The Flintstones The Flintstones is offline
  9. Old Comment

Day 17, Camp 9 - Sam Houston Jones State Park, Lake Charles, LA

Well, Lake Charles has been our home for the past 17 years. And I hate that I was not keeping up with the member comments while I was home last week. We could have gotten together. So you "endured" our south Louisiana snow storm :-) I got up Saturday morning and captured a few pics. Morning had heavy overcast but by 10 am it was turning into a nice day. You guys seem to be having a great trip. Thanks for visiting our state. Take care......steve
  10. Old Comment

Day 17, Camp 9 - Sam Houston Jones State Park, Lake Charles, LA

I have been following your blogs closely and you have been on the route that I am wanting to take. I have bought my Airstream ( 22' International CCD) and will retire at the end of the year. I live near Nashville, TN and my first trip is Key West. I plan to go to Pensacola and then follow 98 on down the panhandle. I know you made this run before and my question is how hard is it to find sites during the winter season. Do you make reservations or just show up?
  11. Old Comment

Day 7, Camp 5 - Rocky Springs Campground, Natchez Trace Parkway, MS

The "Trace" is a magical place. We rode our bikes, leap-frogging along so as not to miss a moment in history.
    If any of you have never done the Trace, mark it on your calendar of places to explore.
  12. Old Comment

Day 7, Camp 5 - Rocky Springs Campground, Natchez Trace Parkway, MS

Watch out, the place is HAUNTED....

Great blog, ya'll are in our stompin' grounds!
  13. Old Comment

VOL. 2 - the Southwest - preparations for departure

If you're close to the border in AZ, Bisbee is an interesting little town to visit. Also, Chaco Canyon in NW New Mexico- yes, the dirt roads in are hellish, but it is full of fascinating ruins and great stargazing.

Brad
  14. Old Comment

Day 147, Camp 35 - Sangchris Lake State Park, Rochester, IL

$20-25 nomal in Illinois

Hi, just wanted to comment that $20-25 is normal here in IL for a state park. Holiday weekends can be as high as $35 a night. Most of what you described is similar to what we experience in IL State Parks. Electricity and Dumping stations only. If you want water it is usually not ta the sight.
  15. Old Comment

Day 134, Camp 33 - Roaring River State Park, Cassville, MO

I finally caught up with you today - 4/15 - so now I kinow your trip is 'winding down', but you are still having fun. Also - thanks - for the response to my previous comments. You've timed your trip pretty good to miss all the winter weather, so when you're back 'home' Spring will be there for you. Your pics are SUPER and a good record for you to fall back on.

Zeke
  16. Old Comment

Day 119, Camp 29 - Big Biloxi Campground, Desoto National Forest, Gulfport, MS

Great travel blog.....I wish I had known that you were in the neighborhood.
    Posted 03-16-2009 at 10:58 AM by Overlander & Sea Overlander & Sea is offline
  17. Old Comment

Day 107, Camp 24 - St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, near Apalachicola, FL

Have enjoyed your travels. Was interested in what you would think of the Forgotten Coast section of FL you just passed through. Had a house at Oyster Bay South of Crafordville for a few years. About my favorite place on earth. Still like to get down there when I can. Glad you appreciate the area as much as I do...
  18. Old Comment

Day 112, Camp 26 - St. Andrews State Park, Panama City, FL

I've been following you around Florida on this trip, and have stayed in a lot of the places you have been. Have lived in Florida for 52 years, and owned a 34' AS for about 13 of those ---- that's how we saw a lot of your 'stops' ---- was fun, and I still dream of doing it, but guess following you is the way my dream will occur. Thanks for the MEMORIES. You've got some fantastic pictures that will be your MEMORIES of this winter tour.

Harold

HI Harold.....

Thanks so much for writing....
    I'm so very glad you have enjoyed my blog and trip....
    and pics I hope...
    I hope you will be able to get out again someday.
    I'm living this trio and looking forward to next winters.
    I wish you well...
    Pete
  19. Old Comment

Day 112, Camp 26 - St. Andrews State Park, Panama City, FL

I am so enjoying your trip. The photos are wonderful. I look forward to every entry of your blog. Thanks for posting it.

Linda Johnson (Baxter)

Thanks for writing Linda.... I'm so happy you've enjoyed my blog and pics.
    It's so nice to get feedback.
    Be well....
    Pete
  20. Old Comment

Day 62, Camp 17 - Myakka River State Park, FL

My father and I stayed in the cabins for a fly-fishing trip several years ago. I am glad to hear that the campgrounds are as nice. The wildlife is amazing. We followed two barred owles one evening for about an hour while they called back and forth, and criss-crossed the road and paused in the oaks. It was my first time to see a large group of FL deer as well. But a few too many alligators --- especially during our visit - during the height of their mating season! Not the best circumstances for a fly fishing trip.
    I enjoy reading your posts - and finding other nice FL campgrounds.
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.