Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #181
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
costa mesa , California
Stunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinick
Hi Guys

Just read the posts regarding the 75th Anniversary Model.
I'm David Winick, the designer of the unit. Thought I'd add a link to my website as Airstream has not posted anything official on their website.
Thanks a heck of a lot for all the kind words. Really appreciate it.

David

http://www.vintagetrailering.com/pro...0prototype.htm
David,

Stunning! She's beautiful. You have created a truly integrated design.

Congratulations,

Stuart
Mod-Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #182
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinick
Hi Guys

Just read the posts regarding the 75th Anniversary Model.
I'm David Winick, the designer of the unit. Thought I'd add a link to my website as Airstream has not posted anything official on their website.
Thanks a heck of a lot for all the kind words. Really appreciate it.

David

http://www.vintagetrailering.com/pro...0prototype.htm
Now that is one sa weettt ! Airstream ! Nice job. It is better than a CCD IMOP.

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #183
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Inventories

One dealer with good online listings shows two 25' SS SE units unsold on the lot, two 25' FB SE units on the lot with sale pending, two inbound 28' SE units, and five inbound 25' FB SE units -- one already sold. That's got to tell you something about popularity!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #184
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Bob with this popularity and you having one of the first I think you should lead the 25' FB club. I can see us all in a circle now all alike, like the old caravans.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #185
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Our 28' SE/LS was ordered yesterday

The fax from our dealer should be sitting on the factory fax machine when they start up tomorrow morning. We're still waiting to hear how our request for a street side and rear window awning package will be handled. If the factory wants to charge massive $$$ for it our dealer will do the install. Also waiting for the final word on the 15k BTU AC upgrade (an AZ necessity). The order form doesn't explicitly state that it comes with the heat pump and digital thermostat. The cats are going to love the carpet on the dinette benches. We've got 10 to 12 weeks to plan the shakedown cruise. We might make Salem Oregon.

-K & L

FYI - Bio-diesel was less expensive then petro-diesel last weekend in Phoenix ($2.62 vs. $2.70). Of course that was due to $.99 soy fuels gift from W.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #186
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Decherd , Tennessee
2006 Safari 25' FB SE LS Panoramic Windows

I posted this in another thread and it was suggested that I post it here:

Well, my wife and I went to the dealer to finalize the purchase of a 19' Bambi Safari SE we had put a deposit on. We liked the SE package with the aluminum skin inside and just as the papers were being signed I asked the salesman if there were any larger ones with the SE package in stock.

He said, "We have a 25' out back that just came in 3 days ago, let's go take a look". We were walking back behind the building and he stated it was a FB.

My wife and I don't like the front bedroom designs (We had seen the 20' and 22') and we almost stopped and turned around but decided to check it out anyway. Little did we know that the door was at the rear, and the bedroom isn't the first thing you see when you step inside. Wow, what a floorplan! We fell in love instantly and knew it was the AS for us. You could actually walk around the queen bed.

It was loaded with options like the Audio/Video Upgrade Package, The Safari LS Upgrade Package, Panoramic Windows in Front and the new '06 stripe graphics.

The Bambi SE was nice but I think we would have eventually outgrown it. But let me tell you, this one's a keeper!

nazz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #187
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We're still waiting for the 30' SE to be introduced!
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #188
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Thumbs up Special Editions

Yes Minnie's Mate -- This should be a priority to introduce to the entire Safari line! I am guessing the entire SE/pano + top-opening window option is getting a lot of attention in Jackson Center. I have very good friends who will not "pop" until they actually walk through a 20' Safari SE on a dealer's lot ....

Gas and Airstreams aren't getting any cheaper and the Special Editions fit into family budgets more readily .... (if you have a spare $20-30K over the price of an SOB -- I guess passion has a cost).

Congrats Airstream!! ... and have you noticed? There have been 10,065 Views of this thread. What's the Top 10??? Moderators -- do you have any idea ... ?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 03-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #189
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazz300
I posted this in another thread and it was suggested that I post it here:

Well, my wife and I went to the dealer to finalize the purchase of a 19' Bambi Safari SE we had put a deposit on. We liked the SE package with the aluminum skin inside and just as the papers were being signed I asked the salesman if there were any larger ones with the SE package in stock.

He said, "We have a 25' out back that just came in 3 days ago, let's go take a look". We were walking back behind the building and he stated it was a FB.

My wife and I don't like the front bedroom designs (We had seen the 20' and 22') and we almost stopped and turned around but decided to check it out anyway. Little did we know that the door was at the rear, and the bedroom isn't the first thing you see when you step inside. Wow, what a floorplan! We fell in love instantly and knew it was the AS for us. You could actually walk around the queen bed.

It was loaded with options like the Audio/Video Upgrade Package, The Safari LS Upgrade Package, Panoramic Windows in Front and the new '06 stripe graphics.

The Bambi SE was nice but I think we would have eventually outgrown it. But let me tell you, this one's a keeper!
If I was going new. This is the model I would get. Congrats. I love the floorplan.
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #190
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Decherd , Tennessee
My wife and I like the look of the older Flying Cloud and we were originally looking to restore one. However, for our first AS we decided to go new and get something that's more reliable and has a warranty.

The floorplan on this Safari is the best we've seen. It more than suits our needs and we're looking forward to hitting the road in comfort and style!

Old 03-24-2006, 06:44 AM   #191
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Our 25' Safari FB SE with the LE package arrived at the dealership this week. I was very impressed with the finished product. We special ordered the unit and the only item left off was the rear awning due to the installation of the panoramic windows (front and rear). My only complaint was the $350 tab for four extra wire racks in the pull out pantry. We're talking $16 at Home Depot for the same thing. The dealer made good and took care of it.

When we arrived at the dealership, there were two units parked in front. I thought that one was a 25' (ours) and the other was a 22' or 23'. They were both 25's , the difference was the LE graphics that made the our unit look longer. We got twin beds and there is a tad more storage accessable from the outside than there is with the queen bed.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #192
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Argyle , Texas
Quote:
When we arrived at the dealership, there were two units parked in front. I thought that one was a 25' (ours) and the other was a 22' or 23'. They were both 25's , the difference was the LE graphics that made the our unit look longer. We got twin beds and there is a tad more storage accessable from the outside than there is with the queen bed.

What do the LE graphics look like? Are there any photos anywhere? I am interested because I plan to order an '07 25' FB SE. I now have an '06 Safari 25' FB LS but because of the dusty places I go into I forsee those fuzzy walls being a future problem. Also because of boondocking with no A/C I want to be able to open more window area.
Buzzy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #193
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4
Our 25' Safari FB SE with the LE package arrived at the dealership this week. I was very impressed with the finished product. We special ordered the unit and the only item left off was the rear awning due to the installation of the panoramic windows (front and rear). My only complaint was the $350 tab for four extra wire racks in the pull out pantry. We're talking $16 at Home Depot for the same thing. The dealer made good and took care of it.

Congratulations Dennis. Will you post a picture of the unit with graphics? You special ordered the graphics? Our unit should be in production now. How long does that take? I was asking for 2 more racks but that is a horrible price! How many shelves do you think the pantry should have? 3 definitely is not enough, I think. I thought 4 was better and 5 might be questionable depending on height of food. I tend to stow cereal boxes somewhere else tall.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:51 AM   #194
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Denis4x4 -- Congrats! LE graphics were a new one on me until your post. As long as they don't put on the swoosh of the late 80's or early 90's ... . Mine was an early '06 and I like it as it is -- but no LE graphics I guess. Pics here

You got me curious and I had no difficulty finding an example in the Photos/Airstream Trailer Photos/2000's Airstream Trailers section. Nazz, the previous poster, has posted some small pictures here. (Don't be afraid to post 600x800 pics though...)

Three wire racks came stock in our 25' FB SE pullout pantry. Allowing for tall containers, etc, there is ample room for a 4th. I'd think a 5th would only be needed if you carried few tall items. A previous poster in some thread was a bit shocked at a price of $35 apiece from the dealer for an extra rack. No wonder they "took care of" the $350 charge . Four extra racks? In addition to the three already present? Is there room?

25' FB SE's -- ain't they great though!!!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 03-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #195
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
How much was the graphic option? Both sides I assume? I don't have that ordered. Isn't that something you could have put on later? Is that the only choice of graphic?

Here's a pic of the pantry so we have a visual at hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	19801  
Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 AM   #196
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
How much was the graphic option? Both sides I assume? I don't have that ordered. Isn't that something you could have put on later? Is that the only choice of graphic?

$95.00...I'm not sure that ordering the graphics after the sale would be any cheaper and the installation isn't all that easy...at least two people to do the job right.

I think that one of the units we looked at had some of the racks removed and my wife figured that we needed at least four. This is the same system that we've used in several homes, so I never thought to question the number that came with the unit.

We ordered a toilet with a 4" riser and after checking out the unit, the sales staff was going to recommend this option on future orders. Dealer installed options are going to take at least a week.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #197
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Decherd , Tennessee
Graphics Pictures

Just towed her home from Middle TN Airstream yesterday. Here's some pictures of the stripe option.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	airstream1.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	19828   Click image for larger version

Name:	airstream2.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	19829  

Name:	airstream3.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	19830  

Old 03-25-2006, 10:55 AM   #198
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
We're still waiting for the 30' SE to be introduced!
What they said!
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #199
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Nazz that is mighty nice looking! The stripe does it make long and sleek. Thanks for posting the picture. I don't know why options can't be up on the site for Airstream. It seems the only way we learn about things is here from each other. Congratulations on your new Airstream!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #200
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Snazzy nazz!

Snazzy nazz!

WAY COOL!!! Personally love the wider stripe on AS's. Of course mine has the wider stripes too, so I will admit to being partial.

Got any interior photos?

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote