Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Airstream Motorhome Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f156/)
-   -   Searching for a rear air bag part number (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f156/searching-for-a-rear-air-bag-part-number-9993.html)

stuart2 03-14-2004 05:01 AM

Searching for a rear air bag part number

1 Attachment(s)
Hello All! Has anyone replaced their rear air bags? I've noticed mine are in the first stages of dry rot and so my next project is to replace them but I haven't had any luck finding the Firestone part number. A/S gave me their part number (217605) but it won't cross reference with Firestones. I looked at the Firestone 2080 bags but, even though they meet the specs, they're not a match so, if anyone's already done theirs and knows the part number I'd sure like to have it.
Thanks, I've taken the picture below in hopes it will help. Stuart
ps she's any early '82 310

wb13798 03-14-2004 07:46 AM

looks like no air in the bag you posted. no is on the bag . top probably. i think the kid has the Numbers.

stuart2 03-14-2004 08:49 AM

Yes, you're sorta right about the air, it's only filled to 60lbs just to keep the body off of the frame while I wait for the numberz/partz. I'll bet you're right about the number being on top, I've search all around the sides and none of those numbers match up with a Firestone part number that's why I'm hoping someone' already had theirs off and remembers the part number...Thanks, wouldn't I be happy if you did have them!!....Stu:)

wb13798 03-14-2004 09:37 AM

pm thenewkid64 i think he has the info you need. or try a search the bags have been a item that has been discussed.

stuart2 03-14-2004 10:27 AM

Good lead..I've been in touch with him already and he's been his usual positive, helpful and informative self! As a matter of fact, he replaced his bags a while back but the numbers he used to order them don't appear to be Firestone numbers so I'm hoping some one out there has the numbers. Maybe I'll get lucky and your kid (?) will have them.....Stu

thenewkid64 03-14-2004 11:02 AM

Here are the Fleetpride numbers off my invoice form them. I do not know for sure if these are the right ones for your coach, but they sure do look like mine :D

W01-358-5405 Air Bag 128.80 EA

Hope this helps. We used the Firestone number that was posted in the other thread, but I think this is the fleetpride internal number.

stuart2 03-14-2004 12:09 PM

Hello Brett!
Yes, they do look the same and I think you've found a match. I measured mine and they're just short of 6" high and about the same in width.
I'm looking at the before and after pictures you forwarded from an earlier thread (09-05-2003 @ 5:16AM) but it's hard to judge the size. Do you think your new bags are about 6" as well? If so, I'll bet they're the ones I need to get this project on the road....Thanks again, Stu

thenewkid64 03-14-2004 01:15 PM

The width is deceiving. The older bags seem to stretch around the middle as they age (don't we all?) The new bags looked trimmer when placed side by side pre-install with the old bag.

The height was 6-7 inches uninflated on my desk. Installed and with air in them they sit at about 10 inches from top plate to mounting arm, with part of the bell showing like in the other thread.