Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Logged in....dropped off (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/logged-in-dropped-off-9746.html)

pyanke 03-02-2004 10:15 AM

Logged in....dropped off

I seem to have a problem staying signed on. Is there a time limit that a user is allowed to stay signed on if there is no activity? I have had times that I go write a post and by the time I am done I have been logged out.?????:confused:

Rog0525 03-02-2004 12:33 PM

Hi Pete. There is no time limit that I'm aware of. Are you using dial-up or high speed connection?
The only thing I can think of is that your server might be timing out or disconnecting.
Do you have the same problem on other websites?

Rog

pyanke 03-02-2004 12:44 PM

We are using a high speed connection. The site actually stays up and I can function as a guest. If I want to post or anything I have to log back in. I stay logged in at AOL and big blue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

..... I had to log back in to post this entry.:confused:

jaco 03-02-2004 12:45 PM

change the setting in your preferences called "Remember Username and password" to yes. See how that works. it is set to yes by default, ...but sometimes &#!+ happens.

Rog0525 03-02-2004 12:55 PM

Also try adding the site to your favorites after you have logged in so you don't need to log in each time you visit.

Rog

pyanke 03-02-2004 03:18 PM

trying it out

Made the suggested changes. We will see what happens.

Thanks

Silvertwinkie 03-02-2004 03:31 PM

Been on this a bit over a year and never had that kind of issue.....others, but not that... :D

CanoeStream 03-02-2004 10:32 PM

Hullo Pete -- I'm on Astound cable internet and haven't experienced this. Don't know if you're on that or Charter. I've had a few instances of being logged off Airstreamforums without my initiating it, but I can't remember the circumstances -- it has been too long ago.

I had a major slowdown after some server equipment problems on Feb 7 -- didn't realize how to fix it for 2 weeks. It caused me to time out of an assortment of webpage downloads -- that all were going slower than a phone modem anyway. Tech support suggested resetting the modem with the computer and modem turned off and it worked. There's a small hole on the back of the cable modem. Pushed into it with a paper clip and resumed my normal operations.

Hope you get it figured out. Call your IPS's tech support when you're at home some time. They can have you sign on and then they'll look your functions from their end. Rotsa ruck!

Bob S.
Northside of "Central MN"

pyanke 03-03-2004 09:52 AM

thanks for help

It looks like the early suggestions worked. I am one of those folks who don't like auto sign on things, so I had that turned off. I also regularly clean my machine of cookies so I again don't let them load if I can help it.

Hey Bob, on another note I would really like to look at your Argosy. Send a PM

bake315 03-03-2004 09:54 AM

check the cookies settings

Check and see how secure you've set your browser's security preferences. I had mine set to refuse all cookies at one time, and though I was able to initially log in, every time I would attempt to post, it would prompt me to log in, which I would, then I'd compose the post, and try to preview - it would prompt me to log in again. And if I just tried to send it would again prompt and never actually let me make the post.

Tried another browser that I had installed with much lower security, and had no issues at all. :)